Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

32 minutes ago, Mommar said:

So I finally got this thing transformed into Gerwalk and I feel like Bandai didn't actually get the transformation correct.  I think the wings should be set back and out just a little bit more.  It probably has the most frustrating to pose Gerwalk this side of a Super Pack donned VF-25.  Now I understand why everybody had it transformed wrong, even the manual.  It's too bad as it's a very interesting design and would probably be one of my favorites if the toy had more leeway.

The biggest issue I have is the really close quarters between the intakes and the tops of the thighs- little room to maneuver the legs without either chipping paint or outright damaging something, esp that little panel that hangs down from the intake. I have a few other complaints, but that's a design issue that should have been redesigned before going to production. Bandai have been in the game long enough to know there should be clearance between moving parts.

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Spanner. I'm loving the Draken. Look solid in Fighter mode. I don't have messed up tampo but I have small cut gold tampo on one of the main wings. Not because of the plastic. It wasn't there when I'm pulling off carefully the plastics. Not a biggie though and it's not noticeable unless you compare it from the other wings. ;)

So initial reaction is, I really like it in Fighter mode. I haven't transformed it yet. But the first thing that came to mind while holding it is that would it be nice too if Bandai will do a YF-21 soon. ^_^

cool but wait till you see gerwalk and battroid modes! B))

sucks there was slight tampo damage.. but at least it isn't that noticeable. 

15 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

did not know it has hardpoints. So no one is jumping on creating Frontier/Delta era type of missile on this? The nightmare armor packs is already selling for more due to the availability of the missile (that reaction and fold weapon)

You would think some standalone missile armament sets would be a win win, but it never happened. 

26 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

The biggest issue I have is the really close quarters between the intakes and the tops of the thighs- little room to maneuver the legs without either chipping paint or outright damaging something, esp that little panel that hangs down from the intake. I have a few other complaints, but that's a design issue that should have been redesigned before going to production. Bandai have been in the game long enough to know there should be clearance between moving parts.

That's a huge problem too.  It really limits poseability and it's way too easy to scrape and/or break something.  I feel like the shoulders should rotate independent of the shoulder pads as well.

48 minutes ago, spanner said:

cool but wait till you see gerwalk and battroid modes! B))

sucks there was slight tampo damage.. but at least it isn't that noticeable. 

I'm transforming it now... and it's hard and tight. Hahaha! :lol:

Regarding the tampo, it's all good. I compared to the other sides and they're all the same. My eyes just played a trick on me. ;)

I don't mind the shoulder pads; in fact, I like everything they did with the arms, save for the terrible articulated hands; having a number of Bandai valks sitting in front of me, all with decent articulated hands, I really have to wonder why they moved away from a working design to these nearly useless articulated hands. Makes no sense to me. Even more mind-boggling when you consider the size of the gunpod.

While I'm griping, I'll also mention the limited forward movement of the feet, as well as those barely moveable ankle flaps.  After transforming my copy, I find that the moving panel under the plane's nose(battroid head) remains loose, like it doesn't really tab into anything. It's not dangling, but it is loose and noticeably gappy. Having transformed mine through a full cycle and back to fighter, the sense I get is that the 262 was a little rushed, and a number of design issues which should have been addressed were given a pass. It's a pretty valk- all that tampo is just amazing, and the paint on mine looks good (no peeling or scratching from the protective films). The joints on mine are nice and tight. Fit however- I feel there could have been a few more tabs to keep things anchored and minimize gaps. Also, there should have been more clearance for the upper legs to maneuver without making contact with other surfaces in GERWALK. Finally, the hook and tab system on the backplate in battroid is flimsy and disengages very easily.  Did I mention it's pretty?:lol:  Gotta say, the battroid mode with that sweet Anubis head and overall body shapes and proportions is so striking, despite a few issues, I have no regrets.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Finish transforming it into Gerwalk. I love it. :wub:

It's funny that I was trying to follow the lineart where the wings are somehow more downward and more like resting in the back of the arm area. But it's impossible since the rotated half of the wing is bumping the shoulder armor. It's tighter than the VF-31J. Love the ratcheted knee joints. Though I wish the pelvic joints were ratcheted and there's a waist joint. But all in all, it's a superb toy. Have to transform it into Battroid mode tomorrow. ^_^

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Finish transforming it into Gerwalk. I love it. :wub:

It's funny that I was trying to follow the lineart where the wings are somehow more downward and more like resting in the back of the arm area. But it's impossible since the rotated half of the wing is bumping the shoulder armor. It's tighter than the VF-31J. Love the ratcheted knee joints. Though I wish the pelvic joints were ratcheted and there's a waist joint. But all in all, it's a superb toy. Have to transform it into Battroid mode tomorrow. ^_^

That's why I'm saying I don't think they actually got the transformation for Gerwalk right.  Looking at it more I think the Pivot point for the wings is too far forward. If that were pushed back they would be aligned better in Gerwalk.

4 hours ago, spanner said:

So Noel you like it eh! I knew you would! I was gonna switch mine back to gerwalk too and have a go at making it look closer to the line art as well. I'll admit it is a fun thing to play around with! And dare I say it probably more fun than the 31!

I'm actually thinking of a second one. But my wallet says no. Hahaha! :lol: 

27 minutes ago, Mommar said:

That's why I'm saying I don't think they actually got the transformation for Gerwalk right.  Looking at it more I think the Pivot point for the wings is too far forward. If that were pushed back they would be aligned better in Gerwalk.

Sorry I missed your post on top, Mommar. ;) But yeah, if the pivot points were pushed back then it's good as lineart. But TBH, after transforming it last night and putting back the wing upward a little bit again away from the shoulder armors, I kinda like it how it looks. More menacing and agile and ready to swoop for attack mode. ^_^ 

13 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Yep Anubis is kind of lame.

Nah. Anubis is kind of great! B)) 

Love the head actually. Looks way more Battroid-ish than the one that came with VF-19 Kai. :ph34r:

31 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nah. Anubis is kind of great! B)) 

Love the head actually. Looks way more Battroid-ish than the one that came with VF-19 Kai. :ph34r:

IMG_2734.JPG.0274002c367840ffc235e325deb81463.JPG

Got a Captain Power vibe when I initially saw it.  :lol:

Edited by sh9000

What's the verdict on the SV-262Hs?  A good, solid display piece?

(I got mine the other day, but I haven't unboxed it yet... that unconventional transformation has me wondering how fragile it is.)

3 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_2734.JPG.0274002c367840ffc235e325deb81463.JPG

Got a Captain Power vibe when I initially saw it.  :lol:

Yes! :good:

Also not sure if this already been asked or posted but seeing that there's a lot going on during transformation from Fighter to Gerwalk at the back of the canopy (waist area), does anyone tried doing it or seen photos of it in half-transformed Gerwalk? I remember seeing it in the first episode when it attacked a battleship the first time they showed up.

Thanks! ^_^

10 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

What's the verdict on the SV-262Hs?  A good, solid display piece?

(I got mine the other day, but I haven't unboxed it yet... that unconventional transformation has me wondering how fragile it is.)

It definitely stands out.  It's different.  All three modes, plus that Blue/Gold color, really are very unique.

Wow captain power!! Gee whiz nice connection there..memories getting a jumpstart now hehe..

i can't believe I got doubles of this valk when you guys only got one..that being said am not getting the whole power ranger valks so I guess that's why I don't mind getting two...heheh.

now what to do abt the cf...not sure if I wanna wait for a white CF 262 instead, not sure if that's in the pipeline..

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Thanks for this wmkjr! ;)

So the right arm is not slot properly probably because of the waist joints being pulled out for the legs. Unless the arm is not inserted properly behind the cockpit slot. It's not as fast or easy as the other Valk (VF-1's, VF-25/27/30/31's). But still, good to know that it can be done. ;)

Unboxed mine yesterday. No issues on the tampo. In looking at all the responses in this thread so far has anyone had any issues with that? Hopefully it's a rare issue that only a few unfortunate people received.

I'm really digging the colors, especially the orangish gold. Reminds me of the Banshee Gundam. I might even end up displaying this with my PG Banshee now that I think of it. Haven't transformed it yet. Looking forward to sitting down and doing that later today.

So I got mine last night. Fought it into Gerwalk and then Battroid... and then easily back into fighter. And then just now, I reversed the 'Into fighter' instruction and had a MUCH easier time straight into Battroid than before. I think thats where it gets complex, is in Gerwalk. You have to move so many things out of alignment, then back to where they were to move other bits. I think this will be like the 19, and Ill just NEVER put it in Gerwalk. 

Other than that overall I'm happy. Some tight joints are a bit scary, but not to bad. Poseability in Battroid is good. The hands suck, but then the 31's weakest point were its hands as well. lighter than the 31, less die cast i think. 

I think i'd get a Bogue version at least, but after that I'll have to see how I'm feeling about it. 

6 hours ago, enphily said:

Not so good quality, but...

K7Nth6Qqnls.jpg

This pic made me lol a bit cos the tonfa was not folded in...but overalll looks like you had lotsa fun posing em!

Also never tot abt putting another valk on the shoulders before! Those sturdy draken joints and legs come in handy eh!

Maybe a strongmanvalk competition soon!

Edited by seti88