Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

So, do you think the VF-0S will be available for a while?

I'd like one, but I'm tapped out for a while. I probably overextended by going for the VF-4G, and then I have some other pre-orders requiring payment in the next couple of months. It will probably be mid to late summer before I'm able to revisit the 0S.

Think it will still be available then for a "reasonable" price? Or have I simply missed out?

I've been tracking the 0S for this month and it has been interesting. Amiami has it on back order for 31,200 yen, CD Japan is sold out, Hobby search put it on sale for 24,000 yen and is sold out, AE is sold out, NY has raised the price twice and is now 36,800 yen and HLJ is remaining firm at 34,800 yen. It is possible if stock does not move HLJ will put it on sale and or Amiami may have it for a little while at the original price.

Gawd! Up to now the left ankle joint on my VF-0S doesn't do anything. I've been wiggling it for the last 2 nights. Looks really like it's going to be fix Battroid or fix Fighter mode. :wacko:

Edited by no3ljm

So, do you think the VF-0S will be available for a while?

I'd like one, but I'm tapped out for a while. I probably overextended by going for the VF-4G, and then I have some other pre-orders requiring payment in the next couple of months. It will probably be mid to late summer before I'm able to revisit the 0S.

Think it will still be available then for a "reasonable" price? Or have I simply missed out?

From the pass couple of Arcadia releases, VF-0D, A, even the VF-1J armored. They were all available for around their MSRP price for at least 6 month. Some store will be sold out, but you should still be able to get it at other stores. For a discount it could be a hit or miss since they are going to release the reactive armor later so I would expect the VF-0S to be in higher demand. And of course the VF-0s did not have any Legs falling off problem, just stiff ankles.

You can also post at the wanted forum later if you really can't find it for MSRP, I'm sure there are members here that brought more than 1.

But I wonder in 6 months time, which one will be harder to get, VF-4g or VF-0s?

Has it really been 6 months since the 0D came out? Doesn't feel that long. I still haven't decided if I want to get one. (Well, I know I want one but I can't decide if I should get one).

Time flies!! If you can find one I highly recommend it, as jenius would tell you just don't use the leg extension feature.

It's a Beauty and a Beast of a toy. B))

Gawd! Up to now the left ankle joint on my VF-0S doesn't do anything. I've been wiggling it for the last 2 nights. Looks really like it's going to be fix Battroid or fix Fighter mode. :wacko:

Really that tight? Ankle joint was also real real tight on my 0A but even pressure eventually extended the foot.

This may be a long shot, but perhaps try extending the foot with your landing gear deployed?

Cos the gear cant be retracted unless the foot is recessed, so perhaps the reverse may help somewhat.

btw is this the same noel? hahaha :lol: that doesnt look like minmay...

Time flies!! If you can find one I highly recommend it, as jenius would tell you just don't use the leg extension feature.

It's a Beauty and a Beast of a toy. B))

I literally can't make the hip extension work on my 0S anyways, I just act like the feature doesn't exist.

Really that tight? Ankle joint was also real real tight on my 0A but even pressure eventually extended the foot.

This may be a long shot, but perhaps try extending the foot with your landing gear deployed?

Cos the gear cant be retracted unless the foot is recessed, so perhaps the reverse may help somewhat.

btw is this the same noel? hahaha :lol: that doesnt look like minmay...

Yep. Same Noel. Just found a new 'waifu' is all. :rolleyes: Minmay still going to be my first love. :lol: Hahaha!

Yeah, ankle joint is super super tight like it was glued or something. I already did what Jenius said on his video reviews/transformation and still won't budge. I'll try to do the screw thing when I get the chance. But right now, it's like just wiggle side to side. That's it. :unsure: I mean, I like my Valk super tight, but not glued tight. Glad I bought this from HLJ and not from other stores which basically I'll just get a subtle 'you're screwed' response. Oh well.

Yep. Same Noel. Just found a new 'waifu' is all. :rolleyes: Minmay still going to be my first love. :lol: Hahaha!

Yeah, ankle joint is super super tight like it was glued or something. I already did what Jenius said on his video reviews/transformation and still won't budge. I'll try to do the screw thing when I get the chance. But right now, it's like just wiggle side to side. That's it. :unsure: I mean, I like my Valk super tight, but not glued tight. Glad I bought this from HLJ and not from other stores which basically I'll just get a subtle 'you're screwed' response. Oh well.

You are aware that there is only a 10 day window after you received your package if you want to get something exchanged from HLJ?

Guest davidwhangchoi

he's not replacing it, he's taking the money.

Has it really been 6 months since the 0D came out? Doesn't feel that long. I still haven't decided if I want to get one. (Well, I know I want one but I can't decide if I should get one).

the question is: can you still get one?

no it's one or the other.

What I meant is that you have to contact HLJ during a 10 day window if something is wrong with an item if you want a compensation for the issue. No matter if you take the replacement, a full refund or the discount as store credit.

Guest davidwhangchoi

What I meant is that you have to contact HLJ during a 10 day window if something is wrong with an item if you want a compensation for the issue. No matter if you take the replacement, a full refund or the discount as store credit.

not sure why it's hard to understand or why you're asking these questions if you already know the answer.

You are aware that there is only a 10 day window after you received your package if you want to get something exchanged from HLJ?

Yes, I know HLJ's 10-day window. That's why I always open my package as soon as I receive it so I can check and inspect it to see if there's damage or anything. This is the first time I got something like this. I already tried wiggling the damn ankle joint as hard as I could. And by doing so, there's a chance of me putting more stress to the plastic (feet). I don't want to risk it by breaking it and feel bad about it afterwards since I can't return it or exchange it anymore. And HLJ is so kind enough to reply and say sorry that I've got a bad experience with the toy and they offered me 3 options. So I decided to get the discount option and purchased another VF-0S from them.

And since this ankle joint won't budge or anything, and I don't want to pull it further, I decided to keep it in Battroid mode for the upcoming Reactive Armor.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm happy that HLJ replied to my email regarding the VF-0S ankle joint. They offered me to send back the item for full refund or if I'm going to keep it, they will give me 20% refund store credit. I might end up using it to buy another VF-0S. Cool! Reactive Armor, here I come. ;)

Yes, I know HLJ's 10-day window. That's why I always open my package as soon as I receive it so I can check and inspect it to see if there's damage or anything. This is the first time I got something like this. I already tried wiggling the damn ankle joint as hard as I could. And by doing so, there's a chance of me putting more stress to the plastic (feet). I don't want to risk it by breaking it and feel bad about it afterwards since I can't return it or exchange it anymore. And HLJ is so kind enough to reply and say sorry that I've got a bad experience with the toy and they offered me 3 options. So I decided to get the discount option and purchased another VF-0S from them.

And since this ankle joint won't budge or anything, and I don't want to pull it further, I decided to keep it in Battroid mode for the upcoming Reactive Armor.

i don't want to call B.S. but the timing of your words is misleading, it wasn't too late. YOU chose to take the money instead of returning it. maybe it's the way you worded your post, Why do you feel it's too late or bad afterwards? you complained to HLJ and they offered you a solution. you chose to take the money instead of solving your problem.

my problem is you took the discount instead of sending it back and still complaining about the problem.

you complained, they offered to solve it. not sure why you keep talking about it after you passed up on the a solution.

i don't want to call B.S. but the timing of your words is misleading, it wasn't too late. YOU chose to take the money instead of returning it. maybe it's the way you worded your post, Why do you feel it's too late or bad afterwards? you complained to HLJ and they offered you a solution. you chose to take the money instead of solving your problem.

my problem is you took the discount instead of sending it back and still complaining about the problem.

you complained, they offered to solve it. not sure why you keep talking about it after you passed up on the a solution.

Oh-kay. Now I understand. I guess, this is the best way to elaborate my query before. Sorry if I mislead you or anything. It's not my intention. And yes, probably you're right. Maybe the timing of my words is misleading or something. Or maybe, it's just the way how I construct my thoughts to words. I wasn't born where English is the first language. So sorry about that.

The reason why I'll feel bad afterwards is simple. Just in case, I forced to move the joint on this $300 toy and breaks some plastic parts, assuming that tightness is a manufacturing problem, would there be a chance for me to return the broken item for exchange? No. If only this is bought here in the US, yes, we can return it or exchange it without a problem. They offered 3 options, and I choose. Besides, are all Arcadia's $300 toy going to be like that everytime? That we always need to fix something right out of the box?

And I don't see why taking the discount and still complaining about the ankle joint problem IS a problem? Does that mean, that even if I already took the discount option, taking the money as how you put it, I don't have the right to try and fix my toy problem? I'm just like one of you guys here that when you get frustrated with certain toys you vent out. And be thankful if somebody gives you advice on how to fix it. Well, I'm thankful, I listened and already did all the advices that was thrown on how to loosen the joints, and it's still not working. Now venting it out on this forum that the joint is still not moving, is still a problem? Sad to say, the lesson I learned today, is that when somebody offered you a compensation, you just need to keep your mouth shut and ignore your problem.

Oh-kay. Now I understand. I guess, this is the best way to elaborate my query before. Sorry if I mislead you or anything. It's not my intention. And yes, probably you're right. Maybe the timing of my words is misleading or something. Or maybe, it's just the way how I construct my thoughts to words. I wasn't born where English is the first language. So sorry about that.

The reason why I'll feel bad afterwards is simple. Just in case, I forced to move the joint on this $300 toy and breaks some plastic parts, assuming that tightness is a manufacturing problem, would there be a chance for me to return the broken item for exchange? No. If only this is bought here in the US, yes, we can return it or exchange it without a problem. They offered 3 options, and I choose. Besides, are all Arcadia's $300 toy going to be like that everytime? That we always need to fix something right out of the box?

And I don't see why taking the discount and still complaining about the ankle joint problem IS a problem? Does that mean, that even if I already took the discount option, taking the money as how you put it, I don't have the right to try and fix my toy problem? I'm just like one of you guys here that when you get frustrated with certain toys you vent out. And be thankful if somebody gives you advice on how to fix it. Well, I'm thankful, I listened and already did all the advices that was thrown on how to loosen the joints, and it's still not working. Now venting it out on this forum that the joint is still not moving, is still a problem? Sad to say, the lesson I learned today, is that when somebody offered you a compensation, you just need to keep your mouth shut and ignore your problem.

You can address or complain the problem, but not the fact that you are still blaming the toy from HLJ for not able to return it if you break it down the road because you have passed the 10-day windown. The whole point that davidwhangchoi was saying is you took the money option, so you have to live with the stuck ankle or risk breaking it.

You can address or complain the problem, but not the fact that you are still blaming the toy from HLJ for not able to return it if you break it down the road because you have passed the 10-day windown. The whole point that davidwhangchoi was saying is you took the money option, so you have to live with the stuck ankle or risk breaking it.

Whoever gave you the idea that I was blaming the toy? All I ever posted after mentioning that I already took the 'take the money' option, was like the ankle still won't budge after 2 days in a row of wiggling it, until some guy asked me about the 10 day window. Which in fact it hasn't pass yet. So I replied to his post. And yes, you don't need to tell me that I'm stuck with the toy because I already know it the moment I choose the said option. Don't worry sir, I won't vent out anymore regarding this specific toy. So cheers.

Whoever gave you the idea that I was blaming the toy? All I ever posted after mentioning that I already took the 'take the money' option, was like the ankle still won't budge after 2 days in a row of wiggling it, until some guy asked me about the 10 day window. Which in fact it hasn't pass yet. So I replied to his post. And yes, you don't need to tell me that I'm stuck with the toy because I already know it the moment I choose the said option. Don't worry sir, I won't vent out anymore regarding this specific toy. So cheers.

Well, if you ever decide to sell or trade said VF-0S let me know.

And honestly you're good, vent away. There are people (myself included) complaining about toys that came out months and years ago - some WAY more than others.

ps - we need Saburo to come in here and post some sexy pics of his Valks :wub: :p

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

And I don't see why taking the discount and still complaining about the ankle joint problem IS a problem?

en·ti·tle (ĕn-tīt′l)
tr.v. en·ti·tled, en·ti·tling, en·ti·tles
1. To give a name or title to.
2. To furnish with a right or claim to something: The coupon entitles you to a $5 discount. Everyone is entitled to the equal protection of the laws.

Don't worry sir, I won't vent out anymore regarding this specific toy. So cheers.

cheers

So no3ljm answers another member's question about the 10 day window and all of a sudden he's an ungrateful complainer? Even with a refund he isn't allowed to be concerned about breaking a toy that he still owns?

And not sure why david seems so salty just because he doesn't think a stiff ankle deserves a refund.

This forum is so weird sometimes

I'm in agreement. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, obviously, but I for one am happy to hear that Noel was taken care of by HLJ. Sharing that experience is helpful to the community in my book. It influences my opinion on where I buy my stuff. Surely that's an OK thing?

Edited by mickyg

Geez guys I just got this thing a week ago haven't transformed it yet and I am now seeing this, should I be afraid?

Had that issue with the VF-0D it eventually came out. Of course it was before the leg break.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Guest davidwhangchoi

Even with a refund he isn't allowed to be concerned about breaking a toy that he still owns?

And not sure why david seems so salty just because he doesn't think a stiff ankle deserves a refund.

Raptor One, before this escalates between us, may i ask if anywhere in my posts if i said anywhere noel doesn't deserve a refund? (though i'll express it below, prior to this i don't believe i said that he doesn't deserve it) i ask this because i don't want to start responding to things perhaps were misread.

I'm in agreement. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, obviously, but I for one am happy to hear that Noel was taken care of by HLJ. Sharing that experience is helpful to the community in my book. It influences my opinion on where I buy my stuff. Surely that's an OK thing?

Same goes here: may i ask if i posted that i'm against sharing experiences w/ hlj? i don't think anything you said in your post is an issue, i'm failing to see what you're in agreement with.

What i did say: HLJ has great customer service. i do feel it's pretty shady and unethical to complain and get a free discount to a company that has great customer service for something that may not be damaged. and choosing to use that discount instead of opting the solution to take care of the problem if the user believes there's an issue.

yep, i said it: go cry me a river, i think it's childish and greedy to take the money and still complain about something that has not even been confirmed to break off. we're talking about fear here... if you're going to contact customer service for damages i think the user should be responsible and confirm damage before asking for a refund/replacement.

i think it's unethical to send a complaint to hlj w/o confirming actual damage,

now, to the issue of sharing on of the forums, this is an expensive hobby

we should share if it's stiff, we're afraid to touch it etc. bc it's an expensive toy) that's what we all do. and this forum is helpful in sharing experiences w each other to prevent damages and to help others that may have the same problems

i say this before further people post erroneously.

i'm am ashamed that no one that's responsible gave better advice to actually test/confirm damage within the 10 day window before contacting any customer services.

if having a super tight joint considered broken? no

hlj graciously gave an offer of replacement or money off. that's what the hlj C.S. is for so in the 10 day window to test it without fear of breaking it.

should you ask for a discount claiming it's damaged w/o confirmation? no

could it lead to damage? possibly

anyways, instead of jumping in ignorantly, i hope some may have the wisdom to suggest testing it out before filing a complaint.

at this point it's stiff. he's still in the 10 day window and has NOT testing the angle to breakage. it may or may not break off. what's with the drama?

wouldn't it be wise to test it during the 10 day window is up but if someone chooses to take the money and doesn't test it, that' defeat the purpose of having great customer/ damage protection?

anyways, please don't take advantage of companies great service this way.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

My ankle joint was tight too. Retraction and extension is normal, lateral side to side pivot is normal. Just forward to backwards pivot was tight when I first got it. That tightness seemed to have disappeared as I can move it more normally now. All I did was keep the feet closed on full extension and rocked it forward and back slowly against that pressure till it loosened up. Kept on doing that then opened the feet and moved it the same way. I'm usually rough with transforming so I'm not too sure on your comfort level on how much force you wanna put into it if you wanna try it.

Raptor One, before this escalates between us, may i ask if anywhere in my posts if i said anywhere noel doesn't deserve a refund? (though i'll express it below, prior to this i don't believe i said that he doesn't deserve it) i ask this because i don't want to start responding to things perhaps were misread.

I don't plan for anything to escalate. Here you go:

for a tight ankle, i don't know man.... i like you but i think that's.. eh nevermind

It's pretty clear that that's how you felt based on this post and the rest of your responses.

Now that you've actually explained yourself in more detail I do see where you're coming from. It probably would have just been better if you said all that to begin with. Because the impression I got was more that you were upset he got a refund for what you consider a minor issue and as I said in my post, I just didn't get why it seemed to bother you so much. Now I know it's because you don't think it's fair to get a refund before damage has even been confirmed, which I'd say is fair enough.

Well, if you ever decide to sell or trade said VF-0S let me know.

And honestly you're good, vent away. There are people (myself included) complaining about toys that came out months and years ago - some WAY more than others.

Hey B! Thank you. I know I posted I'm not gonna complain anymore about this. But this is the last time I'll ever mention this one. Right now, I will feel bad if I'm going to sell or trade this Valk. I tried pulling and wiggling it more last night and this morning and harder this time until I heard some 'cracking' sound so I stopped pulling it more. And I already see some stress marks where the metal pin is inserted on the feet. I really have a feeling that this one is 'glued' or something. There's some residue I see which is not visible in the other ankle. So I think that figure is done for and will stay in Battroid mode. Sorry sir.

Geez guys I just got this thing a week ago haven't transformed it yet and I am now seeing this, should I be afraid?

Had that issue with the VF-0D it eventually came out. Of course it was before the leg break.

My advice always is to open the toy and transform it. Even just once to see if everything works perfectly.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't plan for anything to escalate. Here you go:

It's pretty clear that that's how you felt based on this post and the rest of your responses.

Now that you've actually explained yourself in more detail I do see where you're coming from. It probably would have just been better if you said all that to begin with. Because the impression I got was more that you were upset he got a refund for what you consider a minor issue and as I said in my post, I just didn't get why it seemed to bother you so much. Now I know it's because you don't think it's fair to get a refund before damage has even been confirmed, which I'd say is fair enough.

to be fair, Kaneda's Bike who's a really good friend on MW shared he didn't know where i was coming from and only understood after i elaborated. Even if it was unclear in my initial post, i felt everyone should have that type of customer service who orders from hlj and also there's nothing wrong with sharing experiences on here. my posts were about confirming damages prior to requesting to avoid taking advantage. i didn't want to get into it at the time but i see my initial post came out in a way that was unclear. thanks Raptor One.

for a tight ankle, i don't know man.... i like you but i think that's.. eh nevermind

to be fair, Kaneda's Bike who's a really good friend on MW shared he didn't know where i was coming from and only understood after i elaborated. Even if it was unclear in my initial post, i felt everyone should have that type of customer service who orders from hlj and also there's nothing wrong with sharing experiences on here. my posts were about confirming damages prior to requesting to avoid taking advantage. i didn't want to get into it at the time but i see my initial post came out in a way that was unclear. thanks Raptor One.

To be fair and honest. If I understand correctly what your first post regarding what I've posted, yes sir, I like you too. You've been nice and very helpful everytime I have query via PM. And yes, it was unclear. And that's the reason why I PM'ed you after seeing that reply so that we can talk about it since I don't have an idea why you reacted like that based on my post. This is the first time it happened to me and you're making me feel like I'm greedy and unethical. They just offered options and all I did was choose. And since I already heard some cracking sounds on my toy this morning while trying to fix it since the day I got the item hope that justifies it. But I guess it won't matter anymore because I can't return nor asked for 100% refund coz I already put stress marks on it. And just so you know, it's unethical for me to return a broken toy within the said 10-day grace period esp if it's my fault for doing it. That's not ok in my book. If only I could tell if the toy doesn't have a manufacturing defect esp those hidden parts just by looking instead of transforming it from day one that would be nice.

Guest davidwhangchoi

And since I already heard some cracking sounds on my toy this morning while trying to fix it since the day I got the item hope that justifies it. But I guess it won't matter anymore because I can't return nor asked for 100% refund coz I already put stress marks on it. And just so you know, it's unethical for me to return a broken toy within the said 10-day grace period esp if it's my fault for doing it. That's not ok in my book. If only I could tell if the toy doesn't have a manufacturing defect esp those hidden parts just by looking instead of transforming it from day one that would be nice.

i don't think you're at fault if you are still given a choice for a refund within the 10 day period or even if you decide to keep the discount because you confirmed the damage. if the vf-0S was glued or stuck which caused stressing the plastic or making noise, then by all means it's not due to user error but a manufacturing defect. i don't think it's unethical even at this point and would agree that you should be able to be compensated or request a return if that option is still possible. but if you decide it's worth keeping at a discount it's fine. the issue is retrospective.

after all i had a vf-0A that i paid close to 300 and the leg fell off so i do understand your feelings. good luck and i hope you get it sorted out if it's not too late now that you confirmed damage. don't feel you have to replace it.

anyways, i do say things strong but i never intentionally attack nice people and you've always been respectful towards everyone. as you can see i use real name in my avatar so everything's upfront w/ me.

i stated what i felt was wrong but that's past now. i'm more concerned you get things worked out since that's an expensive valk you paid for.

let us know whatever happens and good luck!

and no hard feelings either way, i'll say that to anyone friend or foe so it's nothing directed personally. LOL