Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Nice job man! And what sorcery did you cast upon this guy to keep the ball joint from popping off after some minor posing?

well, it took several hours, lots of sanding and scraping, and at one point involved fire. :p

have you accounted for ghost sets as well.. :p

Damn you, enabler! Where am I gonna find the space to display another huge ass VF-0, huh?

I kid. I'm not a very big fan of the ghost set though. Always been fond of only the naked VF-0 and the RA set.

As it is though, the 0D, 0A, 2 0S and my numerous other pieces already eat up a lot of space... Not sure I can validate getting another one, not to mention having to find a space to keep the huge box as well.

So it seems no one's put up an 0A link yet. http://www.hlj.com/product/ACA82120/Sci

...and heck, while I'm at it, here's the 0S to keep things handy-dandy. http://www.hlj.com/product/ACA82121/Sci

And the larger sale. http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SaleGroup=springsale2016Sci

I'd still be hesitant to buy the 0A just because of the leg issue even at that price.

i can tell you how to get rid of the rest of the scratch on the canopy :) congrats on the repairs

I used some polishing compound which minimized a lot of the scratching but there are a couple deep gouges that I'm not sure what to do with. if only they made crystal clear filler putty. :rolleyes: still it doesn't look that bad and it's not going to get any worse now.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I used some polishing compound which minimized a lot of the scratching but there are a couple deep gouges that I'm not sure what to do with. if only they made crystal clear filler putty. :rolleyes: still it doesn't look that bad and it's not going to get any worse now.

i had really deep gouges, can you put up a photo of it, i'll pm you, if it's the same valk that is superhobo's, then i think i'ce seen the scratches on his and it's like mine. but can you post a pic just to confirm =)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Damn you, enabler! Where am I gonna find the space to display another huge ass VF-0, huh?

I kid. I'm not a very big fan of the ghost set though. Always been fond of only the naked VF-0 and the RA set.

As it is though, the 0D, 0A, 2 0S and my numerous other pieces already eat up a lot of space... Not sure I can validate getting another one, not to mention having to find a space to keep the huge box as well.

Hehe ok i wont enable you, space indeed is an issue with me too. Am waiting for a ghost set ......but i shall not elaborate more :lol:

Edited by seti88

And here I was thinking eventually, I'd get another 0A one day. Two matching jets on a yeti would look quite nice, and the 0A just looks so clean. Instead I've gone different, 0S is now in the warehouse. So I thought these were identical molds. They're not, or just tweaked fixes? Still haven't transformed the 0A, or read the threads proper...

My 0A has been displayed like this for ages:

IMG_5291_zpstgkeezs4.jpg

It used to be landed properly with Locks jumping over it until I closed up the wheels and couldn't remember how I opened them up. Like it like this though, you can see the jet much better.

Sorry Yeti, my savings got spent again!

Edited by koonfasa

You REALLY roll the dice on the 0A! I wouldn't do it. I'd go with the 0S! It's pretty much perfect. It is the latest one. The 0A has some QA issues, mainly the legs falling off and other problems associated with the paint scratching during transformation.

have you accounted for ghost sets as well.. :p

Well said. :lol:

Besides... how can you not love this? B))

macross.jpg

gallery_81_482_28598.jpg

Photo courtesy of Swoosh.

hehe, This is the 0A I bought off SuperHobo. It showed up in the mail today and went strait into surgery. Also fixed the heat shield pins and other cosmetic flaws. Tomorrow, Decals. ;)

as an aside, Avatar is Hani from EXID, TaeTae may be my spirit animal but nobody does a derp face quite like Hani-Oppa. :p

How did you fix the heat shield pins?

I'm guessing he may have gotten a hold of some of the yeti nub replacements.

I curios about the heat shield pin mod that was done. Mine are both still nib but I will be pulling at least one of them out and would like to be able to play with it lol. I already have some of the yeti nubs from the run he did at home initially.

You REALLY roll the dice on the 0A! I wouldn't do it. I'd go with the 0S! It's pretty much perfect. It is the latest one. The 0A has some QA issues, mainly the legs falling off and other problems associated with the paint scratching during transformation.

well, dang... I did see the 0S sale while it was still low stock but when I went to look a bit later after looking through this thread it was "discontinued."

Guest davidwhangchoi

I may have got the last VF-0S from hlj. It is now showing discontinued. Got the order confirmation email. That was closed. Now bring on the RA.

yeah that's crazy, VF-0S sold out in a day!

yeah that's crazy, VF-0S sold out in a day!

Not surprised that they sold out, honestly I'm surprised they didn't sell out yesterday.

When Hobby Search had the Arcadia VF-0S on sell it was gone in hours, I missed the boat then, not this time.

-b.

How did you fix the heat shield pins?

I'm guessing he may have gotten a hold of some of the yeti nub replacements.

I curios about the heat shield pin mod that was done. Mine are both still nib but I will be pulling at least one of them out and would like to be able to play with it lol. I already have some of the yeti nubs from the run he did at home initially.

The heat shield pins were super easy. I just ground them down flush with the flat side of a half round needle file; no disassembly or anything.

the leg was fixed with the factory original ball nub. I sanded, cut, and melted the side of the nub that mates with the metal stem until the parts fit perfectly flush, then glued it together and let it dry for a few hours. once the glue was set, I sanded the ball smooth to get rid of any excess glue so that the exterior was completely smooth and even. I also cleaned out the interior of the ball socket with a wire brush.

Well said. :lol:

Besides... how can you not love this? B))

macross.jpg

gallery_81_482_28598.jpg

Photo courtesy of Swoosh.

That DOES look very bad ass.

Good thing the 0S is sold out now :p Thank you, whoever it was that bought the last piece, so I can save more money.

Anyway, if they do make a Ghost set, I guess I'll just not have a naked VF-0S.

The thing about the Ghost set is that it always felt a bit too much to have the ghost sitting on the plane (and yet I'm totally cool with the Strike / Super parts for the VF-1).

The thing about the Ghost set is that it always felt a bit too much to have the ghost sitting on the plane (and yet I'm totally cool with the Strike / Super parts for the VF-1).

yeah, that's just weird :p

I love the ghost booster in fighter/gerwalk, but I've always thought it looked kind of dumb in battroid mode.

For my part, I was initially put off by the Ghost pack because it was inelegant. It's just a fighter jet strapped onto another fighter jet. The FAST packs have the advantage of being add-ons that require the VF-1 in order to see use. The Ghost is a fully-functioning, self-contained platform. A fighter jet strapped onto a fighter jet.

I mean, I got over it soon enough, but still. I'll never like it the way I like the Super/Strike VF-1 or especially the YF-19's minimalist FAST packs.

For me anyway, i like the beefed up valk look with the ghost set. More sharp edges and that big thruster at the back, makes the valk look like its built for speed.

The design blends in well for me, and adds a modern tech feel to otherwise seems to be (well not exactly just) another aircraft.

The gray ghost with the 0A colors.. :wub::wub: ...sublime...my preference even over an 0S with ghost...

quick question.

I know shin's 0A didn't actually have any tail markings in the ova, but I'm trying to decide what would look better; the skull marking (since he was Roy's wingman in the end) or the bunny head?