Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

yeah, i posted that. i used planet waves .50mm Duralin bc it's flexible and doesn't crack like other picks.

http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Waves-Duralin-Guitar-Picks/dp/B001L8NG4M

Cool. So far by using this, from your experience, it hasn't created any scratches yet by the gear door, right? What I worry about is the 0A since the white/grey part is kinda painted not like the 0S which is molded in white. I might ask some friends here at work for some loose/extra picks to try it. Thanks David. ;)

LOL. No I mean cheaper because I don't end up collecting the many number of hero valks and just the small number of CF style schemes. :p

But still, that's Arcadia we're talking about. :lol:

Guest davidwhangchoi

Cool. So far by using this, from your experience, it hasn't created any scratches yet by the gear door, right? What I worry about is the 0A since the white/grey part is kinda painted not like the 0S which is molded in white. I might ask some friends here at work for some loose/extra picks to try it. Thanks David. ;)

for the paint side i go from the back so there's no contact on the surface with the whiteout.

So guys my VF-0S should be on its way this week. Is there anything I need to look out for? Zero reports of hips exploding off right? The hips can be angled outward without them popping off? There's few painted areas to worry about chipping? Can I transform the 0S freely without having to put masking tape on something to prevent paint chipping?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Only thing I would recommend is putting masking tape over the canopy when going to battroid, other than that great toy in my opinion! No other widely reported issues that I'm aware of.

+1 or take the canopy off.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Only thing I would recommend is putting masking tape over the canopy when going to battroid, other than that great toy in my opinion! No other widely reported issues that I'm aware of.

Is paint transferring to the clear canopy? OR is the metal pin on the heat shield causing scratches to the canopy like on the 0A?

So guys my VF-0S should be on its way this week. Is there anything I need to look out for? Zero reports of hips exploding off right? The hips can be angled outward without them popping off? There's few painted areas to worry about chipping? Can I transform the 0S freely without having to put masking tape on something to prevent paint chipping?

all of the paint rubs that I've noticed on mine:

The tabs on the inside of the legs that peg into the arms in fighter mode are painted, that rubbing and chipping is completely unavoidable.

the back plate where it tabs into the calves in fighter mode have a tiny TINY amount of transfer going on but that's not bad at all.

the heat shield rubs on two points on the canopy frame, so I've got two tiny spots with missing paint.

all of the paint rubs that I've noticed on mine:

The tabs on the inside of the legs that peg into the arms in fighter mode are painted, that rubbing and chipping is completely unavoidable.

the back plate where it tabs into the calves in fighter mode have a tiny TINY amount of transfer going on but that's not bad at all.

the heat shield rubs on two points on the canopy frame, so I've got two tiny spots with missing paint.

Thanks for the warnings. I will remove the clear canopy when going to battroid mode.

Yeah, I did tried on pushing the pin away from the canopy area during Battroid mode since I haven't tried the toothpaste thing suggestion from David yet. Coz I keep on forgetting it. So right now, I just remove the canopy on all my VF-0's. Including the VF-0D. ;)

that feels like cheating though. :p

Well, it's either that, or just let your canopy gets scratch. I don't mind cheating as long that I'll have a good conditioned $300 toy that will last my lifetime. :lol:

Finally got around to transforming my 0S to gerwalk mode and no problems as of yet. The feet /ankles came out nice and smooth, and it's holding up well under it's own weight. Will get to battroid mode once I and done with the decaling.

Finally got around to transforming my 0S to gerwalk mode and no problems as of yet. The feet /ankles came out nice and smooth, and it's holding up well under it's own weight. Will get to battroid mode once I and done with the decaling.

cool, make sure you post a pic of your valk all decaled up!

I got my VF-0S yesterday and I've been playing around with him and everything is wonderful so far. :wub: This the first Arcadia valkyrie I got where everything actually works like it should and it's about damn time. :)

dscn9381_zpsrifnu297.jpg

Bro, u beefing up for the Reactive Armor? :p

I got my VF-0S yesterday and I've been playing around with him and everything is wonderful so far. :wub: This the first Arcadia valkyrie I got where everything actually works like it should and it's about damn time. :)

dscn9376_zpsw9tvszwt.jpg

"Draw me like one of your french girls" :p

Finally! Welcome Roy.

post-17939-0-03972300-1457740914_thumb.jpg

Goddamn there were some stiff bits.

One of the shoulders would only rotate out in the "wrong" direction.

One of the feet, holy crap.

And I haven't had the nerve to pull any harder (than I already have) on the hip extension yet.

Got stung for £60 ($85) on import tax 😲🔫 but I'm glad I finally have a Focker in my collection.