Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

So, I've got a problem. I just got a VF-0S from HLJ and I can't decide what mode to leave it in. Battroid looks really cool, but fighter mode is pretty too, and I'm not sure whether or not I should apply all the stickers or not. I can't make up my mind what to do with mine. :p

So, I've got a problem. I just got a VF-0S from HLJ and I can't decide what mode to leave it in. Battroid looks really cool, but fighter mode is pretty too, and I'm not sure whether or not I should apply all the stickers or not. I can't make up my mind what to do with mine. :p

you see that's why you need to buy multiples! so you can enjoy all the modes simultaneously! ;):D

and if you do use any of the stickers you'll have to trim them down a bit cos they are a bit crappy.. -_-

VF-0S in Battroid-Mode with RA, VF-0A in Fighter-Mode with Ghost Booster and VF-0D in Gerwalk-Mode. Don't use the stickers!!! Problems solved! :)

but I don't have a 0D, and everywhere is sold out. :(

I could see Arcadia doing a limited reissue of the VF-0D after the YF-19. Especially if there is some merit to jenius' comment that Bandai has now some of the Macross licenses formerly hold by Arcadia. I don't see it for the VF-0A since this release is shelf warming. Maybe if they can convince their customer base that the hip issue is fixed. On the other hand maybe they overestimated the demand for the VF-0A after the D was selling out. So who knows.

Can't help you with your mode issues but you should definitely apply the stickers. Just make sure you trim them first, but once you do they really add a lot to the look of the toy, plus I find that adding the stickers helps it feel more like "mine."

If you plan to resell it later though you should leave them off

Edited by Raptor One

I've been alternating between Battroid and Fighter. Both look good, but I'm the biggest fan of Fighter mode. It just looks so sleek and sexy.

Even if I weren't intimidated by the sticker sheet, I'd still be leaving mine stickerless. I like how clean it looks.

YMMV, but for me the answer has been Fighter and Stickerless.

My 0S just came in.. and WOW is it tight! Was getting kinda nervous while going into battroid and trying to move the chest plate down. It did /not/ want to budge. Other than that, I'm really happy with this release. Think I'm gonna have it displayed next to my old yammy 0S in fighter, and the 0D in gerwalk.

So after a month of being sick, being busy with school, having guests living with me, I finally had two hours to finish my VF-0A/VF-0S transformation guide. It was supposed to be a slam dunk. I touched my VF-0A toy and that leg I repaired fell right off. God I hate this miserable toy. Sadly, I couldn't find my Yeti replacements either since during my month off I moved offices and must have put them somewhere stupid. Oh well, transformed the toy back to fighter mode and put it in its box where it will stay until I find my little Yeti balls.

So after a month of being sick, being busy with school, having guests living with me, I finally had two hours to finish my VF-0A/VF-0S transformation guide. It was supposed to be a slam dunk. I touched my VF-0A toy and that leg I repaired fell right off. God I hate this miserable toy. Sadly, I couldn't find my Yeti replacements either since during my month off I moved offices and must have put them somewhere stupid. Oh well, transformed the toy back to fighter mode and put it in its box where it will stay until I find my little Yeti balls.

That report scares the hell out of me. My VF-0A will never see Battroid- or Gerwalk-Mode ever again. That way I can pretend the leg is still attached to the hips and I don't see the scratches on my copy. Win win for everybody. :lol:

Guest davidwhangchoi

what did you do to repair it? did you use an earlier set of yeti replacements?

First I used a Yeti replacement but the leg was very loose so then I cleaned up the ball that came on the toy and reinstalled it hoping the problem was more about the paint of the housing adhering to the ball rather than the size of the ball. It seemed to work great immediately following the operation, it felt exactly like the other side. I have no idea what changed since then but tonight it was obvious, I really need a smaller ball for a fix to hold (maybe it's just a lot hotter so the ball expanded a micron?). Now I really gotta track down those Yeti-balls but I have no idea where they would be.

I'd say the chances are much better if you just buy the D and A, and make the swap yourself, since Arcadia doesn't seem to be all that interested doing many obscure designs, especially ones that only exist in concept art, or Hasegawa kits.

That may change in the future if they decide to milk their existing molds, but after the anniversary VF-1J wound up piled in discount bins, I think they're being more cautious of producing untested designs and paint schemes.

Edited by Chronocidal

Does anyone know if there is a chance of having VF-0C and VF-0B? Basically Arcadia just need to swap the parts.

Also, I remember Mr.K posted on his tweet before that one of the reason why there's less tampo prints so that owners have the chance on customizing their collections. Hence, the stickers that came with it. So basically, there's no guarantee they will ever release those other variants, unless Arcadia starts doing what Bandai do which is 'Vote your Most Wanted List'. For now, all you can is what Chronocidal suggests, get both 0D and 0A and just do your own customization. If you do that, please do post your custom updates here. ;)

So I got my VF-0S yesterday and I got to say it's so tight and great. But I do have some questions though. Since it's so tight, has anyone here got theirs with one super stiff/tight ankle joint that it's so hard to move esp in Gerwalk mode? I can swivel it back and forth and a little bit of sideways. But when I tried on pulling it more forward and backward for Gerwalk's A-stance pose, it won't budge somehow. Kinda felt like it was glued by Krazy Glue. The other joint moves fine by the way. Also, I had a hard time putting the head back in when I accidentally pull it too much. But all in all great Valk. Now I'm thinking if I really need to get another one for the Reactive Armor. ;)

By the way, as for the landing gear bay doors, they should somehow incorporate once again those 'dents' from the old Yamato VF-0's so that it can easily be open. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3ljm

In my transformation guide I advise keeping the foot extended but closed when positioning it to make it a bit easier.

Thanks Jenius. I tried that one too. But somehow I don't want to force it like the other ankle which there's no problem moving. But this one really feels like it's glued or something. Weird. :unsure:

So I got my VF-0S yesterday and I got to say it's so tight and great. But I do have some questions though. Since it's so tight, has anyone here got theirs with one super stiff/tight ankle joint that it's so hard to move esp in Gerwalk mode? I can swivel it back and forth and a little bit of sideways. But when I tried on pulling it more forward and backward for Gerwalk's A-stance pose, it won't budge somehow. Kinda felt like it was glued by Krazy Glue. The other joint moves fine by the way. Also, I had a hard time putting the head back in when I accidentally pull it too much. But all in all great Valk. Now I'm thinking if I really need to get another one for the Reactive Armor. ;)

By the way, as for the landing gear bay doors, they should somehow incorporate once again those 'dents' from the old Yamato VF-0's so that it can easily be open. :rolleyes:

Same issue with my 0S. For me, my left ankle is super tight, and at times a bit scary to move around.

The Left Ankle on one of my 0S's was super tight too. Jenius' recommendation of keeping the foot closed while moving it helps to move/loosen it up.

Yeah. That's what I've been doing while watching a movie last night. Wiggling it back and forth. :(

I don't know about the ankle joint itself being stiff, but on my VF-0D, extending the foot out of the leg from fighter mode is a massive undertaking. I generally wind up removing any pointy, fragile, or scratch-prone piece prior to doing it, just because I have to get such a death grip on the leg to yank the thing loose.

Have to agree though, I miss the original gear door design, they just looked and functioned better in general. They were easier to open, but more than that, they didn't fall out, and the old hinge design actually resembled the types you see on real aircraft gear doors, with the pivot being buried inside, and the hooked pivot moving the door out and away from the opening.

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm happy that HLJ replied to my email regarding the VF-0S ankle joint. They offered me to send back the item for full refund or if I'm going to keep it, they will give me 20% refund store credit. I might end up using it to buy another VF-0S. Cool! Reactive Armor, here I come. ;)

I'm happy that HLJ replied to my email regarding the VF-0S ankle joint. They offered me to send back the item for full refund or if I'm going to keep it, they will give me 20% refund store credit. I might end up using it to buy another VF-0S. Cool! Reactive Armor, here I come. ;)

Nice to hear that they took care of you, You won't see thise options at most stores .

That may change in the future if they decide to milk their existing molds, but after the anniversary VF-1J wound up piled in discount bins, I think they're being more cautious of producing untested designs and paint schemes.

Only coz that was a damn ugly repaint. Why not put one of the girls singing on it and make it bright purple, or sneak in one of the Seeker colourways or anything more uniform that would actually look quite nice next to all our other jets...

IMG_3959_zpsdeb0ade8.jpg

All we really get are the red and blue variants.

And yeah, I'm still saving up for you Yeti!

Edited by koonfasa

I'm late to this discussion but I have two 0S's, one to display as is and the other for the armor. Currently they're sitting next to each other. I have one that I've stickered up (the intended non-armored version) and the other is still like it is from the factory because I'm not going to take the time to put stickers on when they'll be covered. I'm finding for the 0S color scheme that, except for the UN SPACY markings missing from the legs (and possibly the 301 on the tail fins) that it looks remarkably complete as is. I actually think the additional stickers do it a disservice and I'm now considering putting minimal decals on the completely fresh one (UN Spacy and tailfins, maybe 301 on the nosecone too) and leaving that as the unarmored version, then using the highly marked up one for the armor.

And now that I think about it, of all of my many (20+) VF-1's I think the only one I haven't put any decals on is the 1S as well. The White/Black/Yellow just works.

Edited by Mommar

Guest davidwhangchoi

for a tight ankle, i don't know man.... i like you but i think that's.. eh nevermind

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So, do you think the VF-0S will be available for a while?

I'd like one, but I'm tapped out for a while. I probably overextended by going for the VF-4G, and then I have some other pre-orders requiring payment in the next couple of months. It will probably be mid to late summer before I'm able to revisit the 0S.

Think it will still be available then for a "reasonable" price? Or have I simply missed out?