DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

Hey Noel, yeah CDJ have always been good. No issues. Even if I've wanted to cancel my PO they've happily refunded me. But yes you have to pay in full including postage when pre ordering with them. To be honest i really don't mind doing so. I prefer knowing that the payment is done and i dont have to worry about it later.

Is it wrong I didn't realized the wings even extended on my first 29 for like a few weeks??? Cause it looks so effin cool with them in...just sayin. B))

I agree. Looks cooler when the wings are tucked in. Ala-Supersonic mode. ;)

Hey Noel, yeah CDJ have always been good. No issues. Even if I've wanted to cancel my PO they've happily refunded me. But yes you have to pay in full including postage when pre ordering with them. To be honest i really don't mind doing so. I prefer knowing that the payment is done and i dont have to worry about it later.

I see. Do you use direct credit card or via paypal? Thanks Spanner for the info. ;)

As far as i can remember yes you can use either payment method.

Thanks. Though I can't remember which shop does that when you pay credit card, they will charge you when the item is available. But when you use paypal, they will charge you instantly.

Thanks. Though I can't remember which shop does that when you pay credit card, they will charge you when the item is available. But when you use paypal, they will charge you instantly.

CDJ does that. If you pay via PayPal you are charged immediately, if you pay via CC they do a temporary hold on funds, then when the item is in stock you are charged.

CDJ does that. If you pay via PayPal you are charged immediately, if you pay via CC they do a temporary hold on funds, then when the item is in stock you are charged.

ahh yes this may be the case.. I know I have used credit card for payment with CDJ but it may have been for an item that was readily in stock for which I was charged immediately. All other times including PO's I've used paypal and been charged immediately.

Got mine today. Left head laser was all bend out of shape. Was practically point straight up in the box rather than parallel with the fighter. It looks like its partially pulled out from the head. I can't seem to pull it out or push it in. Anyone know how to pull out the head lasers. I dont want to accidently break it. It doesnt seem to want to come out.

I think I have only taken out the head lasers on my original Alto 29. It was pretty straight forward, I just pulled away from the head holding the laser firmly. I am not sure if the ones on this release come out or not though.

I think I have only taken out the head lasers on my original Alto 29. It was pretty straight forward, I just pulled away from the head holding the laser firmly. I am not sure if the ones on this release come out or not though.

Yep, these pop out too. I was thinking of putting some plastic safe lubricant into the socket so that the ball part of the crappy pvc lasers don't get stuck and just end up twisting around the stem part instead and futilely trying to position the lasers only to have them slowly return to their original position... Stupid PVC diediediedie!

Have I mentioned I hate PVC parts? I don't understand why Bandai doesn't include alternative ABS/POM head lasers for this head variant in these later releases like they did with everything else with the exception of the 25F. Then I could flush these PVC ones down the toilet since that's where crap belongs. /rant

Yep, these pop out too. I was thinking of putting some plastic safe lubricant into the socket so that the ball part of the crappy pvc lasers don't get stuck and just end up twisting around the stem part instead and futilely trying to position the lasers only to have them slowly return to their original position... Stupid PVC diediediedie!

Have I mentioned I hate PVC parts? I don't understand why Bandai doesn't include alternative ABS/POM head lasers for this head variant in these later releases like they did with everything else with the exception of the 25F. Then I could flush these PVC ones down the toilet since that's where crap belongs. /rant

MJ can you recommend a plastic safe lubricant?

Try one of these:
Super Lube Synthetic Grease with PTFE NLGI grade 2
MolyKote EM-30L NLGI grade 1

I've experimented with a bunch and of the ones I've tried, the two above worked best and won't react with plastic. I've used these to lubricate the plastic parts in the various joysticks and HOTAS I've had to get rid of static friction. I feel the higher viscosity of the Super Lube works better for that, but it could be overkill for a simple part in a toy.

Try one of these:Super Lube Synthetic Grease with PTFE NLGI grade 2MolyKote EM-30L NLGI grade 1

I've experimented with a bunch and of the ones I've tried, the two above worked best and won't react with plastic. I've used these to lubricate the plastic parts in the various joysticks and HOTAS I've had to get rid of static friction. I feel the higher viscosity of the Super Lube works better for that, but it could be overkill for a simple part in a toy.

Thanks MJ, ordered!

Sounds like you are a flight sim person. I used to be very much into flight sims and more so space combat sims till they died of the pic gaming scene. Now space combat sims are making a comeback, I am tempted to get a HOTAS start playing again. Oh yeah and a new gaming pc. :lol:

Edited by Saburo

I was in Akihabara today too, and I saw lots of these in several shops! What's the deal? I guess no-one cares about poor old Rod. :( That Ozma variant on the other hand, was nowhere to be seen when it came out.

Thanks MJ, ordered!

Sounds like you are a flight sim person. I used to be very much into flight sims and more so space combat sims till they died of the pic gaming scene. Now space combat sims are making a comeback, I am tempted to get a HOTAS start playing again. Oh yeah and a new gaming pc. :lol:

No problem. After some debate on which to use, I think I've decided I might just use the Super Lube for the head lasers myself, but that won't be until after I do the weathering and stuff since I don't want to risk any stray grease getting in the way. My main concern was if it would be too viscous for the soft pvc and still end up causing it to twist, but I really don't think that will be the case.

Yep, I too enjoy the space sims more than normal flight sims. Played through all the Wing Commander, FreeSpace, and X-Wing games. Now, I mess around with the Battlestar Galactica mod for FS2, Diaspora, or the Strike Suit games, or the Arena Commander module for Star Citizen. I keep almost buying Elite: Dangerous to hold me over until SC is completed, but then talk myself out of it because of how little depth of gameplay there currently is. It seems to me to boil down to repetitively grinding for money and faction in order to get better ships in order to grind for money and faction faster. I'm not holding much hope for No Man's Sky either.

My current setup :)

DSC_6521.jpg

No problem. After some debate on which to use, I think I've decided I might just use the Super Lube for the head lasers myself, but that won't be until after I do the weathering and stuff since I don't want to risk any stray grease getting in the way. My main concern was if it would be too viscous for the soft pvc and still end up causing it to twist, but I really don't think that will be the case.

Yep, I too enjoy the space sims more than normal flight sims. Played through all the Wing Commander, FreeSpace, and X-Wing games. Now, I mess around with the Battlestar Galactica mod for FS2, Diaspora, or the Strike Suit games, or the Arena Commander module for Star Citizen. I keep almost buying Elite: Dangerous to hold me over until SC is completed, but then talk myself out of it because of how little depth of gameplay there currently is. It seems to me to boil down to repetitively grinding for money and faction in order to get better ships in order to grind for money and faction faster. I'm not holding much hope for No Man's Sky either.

My current setup :)

DSC_6521.jpg

Yes, the holy trinity of classic PC Space Sims seres (X-wing, Wing Commander and Freespace), I spent many hours a day playing them. I have a couple of co-workers that are playing Elite Dangerous and they pretty much said the same thing you, lots of grinding. SC looks awesome, but it still seem a ways away, and EVE: Valkyrie is looking really good too. As much as I want to start playing, I don't think I have the time to devote to play.

Wow, your setup is exactly my dream setup! :wub: Very nice!!

I'm surprised that this isn't selling well. I love this color scheme a lot. That being said though i'm kinda done with the yf-29 repaints. I hope they stop and start doing repaints of the Yf-30 and Vf-19.

The nice thing about this mold is the piece in front of the cockpit isn't painted so hopefully it won't scratch.

I'm surprised that this isn't selling well.

Yeah I guess being 3rd repaint without new head didn't help, or the craziness with Bandai DX is over. CDjapan only sold 2 copies in the last two days. It probably wouldn't see a matching super part.

Yeah I guess being 3rd repaint without new head didn't help, or the craziness with Bandai DX is over. CDjapan only sold 2 copies in the last two days. It probably wouldn't see a matching super part.

The QC on this one doesn't help as well. Too many reports of bent head lasers. Not a big deal but when you're paying that kind of money. Especially when it's simply a matter of a sloppy factory worker(s).

Well, one of those was me and it is on the way, can't wait. It'll be my 4th valk (not counting the old Bandai VF19jai & VF17).

My displayed collection

I would have much more interest in this toy if it came with the YF-29 Isamu Custom head so I could convince myself that this is a head variant I don't have. I think the glossy Isamu colors didn't work for the YF-29. Sadly a YF-29 30th Anniversary is already in my possession.

The bayonet is coll though.

I would have much more interest in this toy if it came with the YF-29 Isamu Custom head so I could convince myself that this is a head variant I don't have. I think the glossy Isamu colors didn't work for the YF-29. Sadly a YF-29 30th Anniversary is already in my possession.

The bayonet is coll though.

But it's a YF-29B! It's a different variant from the Alto and 30th Anniversary editions! :p

At least that's how I rationalized it to myself because I gotta get one of each valk variant. Just like the VF-11B and C.

They look completely identical, but they've got different imaginary avionics... or something...

But it's a YF-29B! It's a different variant from the Alto and 30th Anniversary editions! :p

At least that's how I rationalized it to myself because I gotta get one of each valk variant. Just like the VF-11B and C.

They look completely identical, but they've got different imaginary avionics... or something...

Yes! That's how we justify things around here! :lol:

curious, what does this one look like with super parts? anyone have a screen shot from the game?

Actually the funny thing about ordering from CDJapan, is that i couldn't if i wanted to. I got my yf-29b there so they won't let me buy another due to the 1 per person limit. Probably another factor on why they aren't selling that fast.

I have no clue why this guy was a general release while isamu was mail order. Just so many of these guys shelf-warming here. Either that or the online market and the general Japanese market are totally different and these guys just move slow. I have so much macross stuff here in akiba, though to be fair a lot of it is way overpriced (like 30000 yen+ for any of the older releases)

Anyways, seeing it in person in the display case in tokyo i am quite happy with the two I bought online way back, though I will not be going past my arbitrary limit of 2 for each YF-29 despite being able to pick them up dirt cheap here (146 dollars!!!)

Edited by Duymon

@ CDJ with the YF-30 I was able to get a second one there, but I was on a separate order after they had already shipped the first one. I think recently they have a message that pops up if you try get another of an item that you already bought with a limit of 1.

Got my YF-29B today, nothing broken. :)

I really like the color scheme of this one. I did notice it was a bit greasy right now out the box, but after a wipe down its good.

I am out of display space for 29s (4 max), so I'll have to box up one the others so the 29B can take its place. :unsure: I am leaning towards the Isamu since I already have the 2 YF-19 and VF-19 Advance displayed.

Here's a pic, I'll be taking more this weekend.

19336814003_18795670f8_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo