Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Is there really any pressure to make these preorders? Based on my observation, all of the HMR releases have been readily available at no markup after the actual day of release, even if the preorders sell out.

I've decided to just wait for NY to have it available again, since they are my preferred vendor. I don't think preorder madness applies to the HMR line.

Is there really any pressure to make these preorders? Based on my observation, all of the HMR releases have been readily available at no markup after the actual day of release, even if the preorders sell out.

I've decided to just wait for NY to have it available again, since they are my preferred vendor. I don't think preorder madness applies to the HMR line.

The only one that didn't jump up in price after release was the regult, everything else jumped in price after release . Yes it will be available after the actual day of release but it does not stay there for long .

NY will most likely have a markup when they become available again.

NY will most likely have a markup when they become available again.

Even if NY has a markup, it will still be a cheaper option for me compared to any other vendor due to customs taxes.

I don't really recall seeing any markup across all vendors on the prior releases. Even with the Glaug. There are even sellers on ebay that had HMR releases at retail price.

Anyway, that's my perspective. I don't see the need to rush preordering these items, which is a good thing.

Glaug checking in. Bandai character figure Klan Klang for... not really for scaling, since the Glaug is hunched down in this image.

UE5TwCx.jpg

This one is an "Up yours, Harmony Gold."

uxmEQTf.jpg

I had to use the left arm instead of the right as is more traditional for the gesture; one of the joints on the left arm is very stiff and I didn't want to force it. The right arm articulation is fine though.

That damn antenna: I'm less worried about losing it (though I do worry about it) than I am worried about accidentally snapping it off. If that happens, at least it would be easy to push the stub out through the other side of the canopy.

Edited by This Confuses Gamlin

Well I decided that the glaug is my favorite Macross toy ever, although the monster is coming next. If zentraidi action figures come out I hope they are sh figuarts. I know it would be out of scale, but a 1j vs a soldier half its size would just look sad.

Yeah, I always thought they have some sort of collaboration back then. The name of both companies are printed on the box, but you get the point. Hopefully Bandai or some other 3rd party companies like CM will be making a set of figurines for those bad guys down the road.

Edited by Vi-RS

I want them to put M&M on pre-order but I don't want them to be next in line.

First we thought Max was coming next and then is was VF-1A. Next almost out of nowhere was Hikaru's VF-1J. They shouldn't release more than 2 VF-1 in a row. The next release should be another Destroid and I'm guessing it will be the Spartan.

Someone needs to take a pic of Bandai's Glaug next to Matchbox's.

Someone needs to take a pic of Bandai's Glaug next to Matchbox's.

Hmm... I wonder if I still have mine, lol. That thing was gangly. Is the "Ingram 1" being mentioned this one?

That's cool news about the CF 1A getting those extra parts and such. I'm probably going to skip that VF-1J in hopes they release a GBP package. Also gonna leave the Maruader Glaug in the private warehouse to ship later with the Monster :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

the red canopy window looks kinda cheap in contrast to the rest of the figure. reminds me of some kindergarden toy type material from the pics

Mine is sitting at customs... so tomorrow or Saturday it'll be here. I either forgot to hit complete transaction on my shipping or they double billed me because it sat all weekend until I had to do it all over on Monday. Or else it would be here by now.

I'm going to finally get to play with..errr..study my Glaug tonight. At first glance, some of the red plastic does look kinda cheap, perhaps a slightly darker red would have been a better choice. So the model guy in me is thinking "ohh man, I can't wait to panel line and weather this thing up so it looks awesome!", while the other part of me just wants to play with the darn thing and have fun...been waiting for this toy since 1985! No way to get more than one of these..display space has reached CRITICAL MASS at my place, so I guess I'm gonna have to make a choice... :wacko:

Edited by derex3592