Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Did a search on Google for "Saturn rings background"....can you make one of these work?

O M G, a google search!!!??? :rolleyes:

sh9000d.jpg

sh9000e.jpg

sh9000f.jpg

^ I included my Hikaru 1/48 here to evoke one of my favorite episodes.

Edited by vlenhoff

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Looking at this number of Valks... you can do this next. ;)

Loyu9Ia.jpg

I'm going to try that with my CF VF-1A's.

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Child's play!  Sh9000 needs to advance into some stop motion work! :D

I'd love to be able to create some stop motion battle scenes.

4 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

O M G, a google search!!!??? :rolleyes:

sh9000d.jpg

sh9000e.jpg

sh9000f.jpg

^ I included my Hikaru 1/48 here to evoke one of my favorite episodes.

Cool.  I'll definitely take some new pics asap.

I really like that pic of the VF1J Hikaru HMR transforming sequence on the stairs. Is this someone's home? Such a pretty place.

I've been thinking of producing stop motion shorts for a while now. Oh and no rush sh9000, I sort got it out of my system xD. I will do another in the future though.

28 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

I really like that pic of the VF1J Hikaru HMR transforming sequence on the stairs. Is this someone's home? Such a pretty place.

I've been thinking of producing stop motion shorts for a while now. Oh and no rush sh9000, I sort got it out of my system xD. I will do another in the future though.

Forgot what event that Valk Transformation Sequence display is from. But those are Yamato 1/60 VF-1J's not HMR's. ^_^

Cool....

So how should we do this?  Do you want to post some pics of key scenes (stuff that won't be that difficult to recreate) with suggestions for backgrounds?

Do we start with Episode 1 or just as the ideas come to mind?

For example, here is what I'm thinking......

From Episode 1: Booby Trap:

VF-1J_Macross_City.jpg

Sh9000....you could pose your VF-1J Commander-type and a VF-1A Soldier in a similar setup...I think you also have some type of in-scale tank you could use....

Then, vlenhoff, or someone else with photoshop skills, can superimpose the toy pics with a background like this:

26479DA300000578-2991516-image-a-34_1426

041bbf1195e387bad65f2e28deac67c9.jpg

destroyed-pictures-1.jpg

Thoughts?

Nothing announced and not high on the fan poll but someone (I think it was Save) indicated that he saw it at an event and it looked like a legitimate prototype rather than just a 3D printed mock-up. I think he even said he talked to the guy because he worked on the VF-2SS as well and he was very hopeful both would make production... someday.

I'm too lazy right now to post pics, but I got my hands on an armored valkyrie two weeks ago on my Japan trip. It was second hand as of course there's none to be found new at Yodobashi or Bic Camera. There was only one HMR for sale at Yodo Akiba, and it was a Glaug. It was the only HMR in a sea of robot damashiis. I looked over the Tamashii corner twice just in case I missed something but no luck. The sad thing was that there were HMR valks on display but not for sale and I could only look on in envy T_T. So it seems HMR is selling well (or there were not so many produced). I also found a HMR VF1S Hikky along with the armored but I did not want to buy 2 valks from the same pilot. Aside from my hesitation at spending more than 30k yen on valks from the same pilot, Hikaru is also not my fave pilot. He's just not a priority.

I would have also bought a Glaug but it wouldn't have fit in my luggage. And I was not in a hurry as it seems there are still Glaugs that can be gotten new--one Bic Camera store I went into had 3-4 Glaugs. I would have preferred Regults but there weren't any more at the stores I went to. And since I wasn't able to acquire at least 2 HMRs I decided to preorder the Spartan. And so further down the HMR rabbit hole I go...

4 hours ago, hachi said:

I'm too lazy right now to post pics, but I got my hands on an armored valkyrie two weeks ago on my Japan trip. It was second hand as of course there's none to be found new at Yodobashi or Bic Camera. There was only one HMR for sale at Yodo Akiba, and it was a Glaug. It was the only HMR in a sea of robot damashiis. I looked over the Tamashii corner twice just in case I missed something but no luck. The sad thing was that there were HMR valks on display but not for sale and I could only look on in envy T_T. So it seems HMR is selling well (or there were not so many produced). I also found a HMR VF1S Hikky along with the armored but I did not want to buy 2 valks from the same pilot. Aside from my hesitation at spending more than 30k yen on valks from the same pilot, Hikaru is also not my fave pilot. He's just not a priority.

I would have also bought a Glaug but it wouldn't have fit in my luggage. And I was not in a hurry as it seems there are still Glaugs that can be gotten new--one Bic Camera store I went into had 3-4 Glaugs. I would have preferred Regults but there weren't any more at the stores I went to. And since I wasn't able to acquire at least 2 HMRs I decided to preorder the Spartan. And so further down the HMR rabbit hole I go...

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Excellent.....excellent.

LOL

51997327.jpg

6 hours ago, hachi said:

I also found a HMR VF1S Hikky along with the armored but I did not want to buy 2 valks from the same pilot. Aside from my hesitation at spending more than 30k yen on valks from the same pilot, Hikaru is also not my fave pilot. He's just not a priority.

The HMR GBP is actually not "Hikaru's" GBP....it is technically the GBP as it appears in DYRL (Bandai got the missile tip color wrong) which is piloted by an unknown pilot....:rolleyes:

dyrl_vf1ja_857.png

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The HMR GBP is actually not "Hikaru's" GBP....it is technically the GBP as it appears in DYRL (Bandai got the missile tip color wrong) which is piloted by an unknown pilot....:rolleyes:

dyrl_vf1ja_857.png

OK you got me be there but underneath it's still a VF-1J red...which I still associate with Hikaru. In fact anything with red hints on it except for Millia's. (And why are you pointing this out it makes me itch now for that VF1S Hikky...)

I took a look at the Tamashii page and I'm only missing the VF1S Hikky, the Glaug, the Monster, the CF VF1A, and the VF1J Hikky. These are not must-haves for me though I'm hoping some VF1S Hikky stock turns up online just like how VF1S Roy turned up on HLJ. That 2nd hand Hikky I saw cost 17000 yen and even with a discount I wasn't really willing to pay that price.

31 minutes ago, hachi said:

I took a look at the Tamashii page and I'm only missing the VF1S Hikky, the Glaug, the Monster, the CF VF1A, and the VF1J Hikky. These are not must-haves for me though I'm hoping some VF1S Hikky stock turns up online just like how VF1S Roy turned up on HLJ. That 2nd hand Hikky I saw cost 17000 yen and even with a discount I wasn't really willing to pay that price.

I always get confused when someone says it's not a must-have but though hoping for stock to turn up. ^_^

1 hour ago, hachi said:

They're all must-haves.  B))

large.IMG_1930.JPG.6d1154cef01a4a0ed15c9

gallery_21587_791_173720.jpeg