Hi-Metal R

joppewo

8 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Getting there!:good:

Thanks!

5 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Looking good, sh9000.

It appears you decided to use the arms and legs from the Max 1J after all?

Thanks.  Yeah I figured it would be easier.  I painted some more after I took this pic.  I hope to find some more time to finish it soon.

Hey sh9000, are you able to separate the forearms on the HMR? I tried to disassemble mine in order to correct a factory error, but it seems that the forearm halves are glued together. I'm worried that if I apply any more pressure, I'd end up snapping or stressing the plastic.

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

Hey sh9000, are you able to separate the forearms on the HMR? I tried to disassemble mine in order to correct a factory error, but it seems that the forearm halves are glued together. I'm worried that if I apply any more pressure, I'd end up snapping or stressing the plastic.

Nope.  Unfortunately everything is glued together.

54 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

The Super Parts on the HM VF-1S Roy and the mixed Super Parts on the HM VF-1J Max are originals.  They are lighter green.

Thanks for the reply!

I have 6 of the HM Supers I had ordered for the 3 Skull Squadron 1As, the HM Hikaru, Max and Milia (but the line was cut befor she was released).

I'm glad I still have them as TV version Supers for the CFs, but I don't have the cajones to do any customs like you.

Keep up the good work!

Edited by Old Man

16 hours ago, Old Man said:

DO IT!

15 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

That would be awesome!!! 

13 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Awesome, indeed. I'm already really impressed with whoever did that custom. Where did you find those photos, sh9000?

The VF-1D is probably my most-wanted HMR of all the ones Bandai hasn't released yet.

I'm going to look into it for sure and it's now on my HMR project list.  The photos were from the MW facebook page.

Note to Bandai:  I'll still buy the officials.  Make them, make them all.

22 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

cool....is that the -1J you're going to use for the Macross Plus version?

Thanks.  I'll probably use one of the spare VF-1J's from the Armored VF-1J set as one of the armors will eventually be customized for Max.

5 hours ago, Old Man said:

sh9000, do you have any of the HM DYRL 1As?

No.  Back then I must have either skipped them or were not aware of them since they were exclusives.  I wouldn't mind having them to keep MISB though.  In the meantime I'll just finish my custom HMR DYRL VF-1A Max and DYRL VF-1A Kakizaki in the same grey as my HMR DYRL VF-1S Roy, Hikaru, and Max.

large.IMG_2156.JPG.4355b1e02d09b69b22439

large.IMG_2462.JPG.e5e47ea1419f8cb4b9639

Edited by sh9000

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

No.  Back then I must have either skipped them or were not aware of them since they were exclusives.  I wouldn't mind having them to keep MISB though.  In the meantime I'll just finish my custom HMR DYRL VF-1A Max and DYRL VF-1A Kakizaki in the same grey as my HMR DYRL VF-1S Roy, Hikaru, and Max.

large.IMG_2156.JPG.4355b1e02d09b69b22439

large.IMG_2462.JPG.e5e47ea1419f8cb4b9639

Looking very smart indeed!

What a great way to repurpose the 1A heads from your 1J and 1S CFs.

Keep up the good work, and hail to the king of HMR!

sh9000, If you are going to show off, you need to show off more often! We need more pics of your entire Cf fleet... with Roy leading them. No armor... i heard people crave to see this...

ish. :rolleyes:

Edited by vlenhoff