Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I've been so out of the loop.... can someone fill me in?

So what's the difference between the Hi-Metal R and the original Hi-Metal line?

Correct me if I'm wrong: the only Hi-Metal R's that have been released so far are the VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Red/Black) and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie?

Do the two above have the same plastic color (off white/grayish)?

Is a Hi-Metal VF-1S (Black/Yellow) coming out soon?

Thanks so much in advance. I've done research on the net, but I still want someone from this forum to clarify for me.

Appreciate your replies in advance. :)

The main difference is new diecast shoulder joints , much better overall tightness , and a bit difference in color.

The only current ones out are VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Red/Black) and VF-1J Armored Valkyrie

They are both off white/grayish color

The Hi-Metal VF-1S (Black/Yellow) is coming out soon (apirl/2016) , you can still preorder it

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/14320-hi-metal-r-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-limited-edition.html

comparison review here

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=8199

Edited by F360

F360.... thanks for the info. :)

I should have known better to check out Anymoon first, but I've been paying closer attention to his youtube channel than his website lately.

That Hi-Metal R VF-1S looks VERY gray... I'm assuming it's just the way the photography is.

I should have known better to check out Anymoon first, but I've been paying closer attention to his youtube channel than his website lately.

That Hi-Metal R VF-1S looks VERY gray... I'm assuming it's just the way the photography is.

The actual product is not that dark. It's light gray, not white for sure

Usually I post the video about the same time but I've been under the weather and my voice is pretty rough. Getting better though.

Usually I post the video about the same time but I've been under the weather and my voice is pretty rough. Getting better though.

That totally explained it. Excellent read on the link F360 provided. I swear, I haven't visited your site since 1964! But have been keeping a close watch on most of your videos.

Welcome Back Fifbeat! I have not seen you around in years, I think I bought my Yamato 1/60 v2 Max & Millia off of you back then and have not seen you around since. Good to see members come back.

Cheers. :) Yeah, Macross keeps me coming back. I get in, and out, of it every time. Obsessions always come back to haunt me. Something about this stuff that can't be ignored. These valks are like drugs.

Fifbeat

The1s Roy is a web exclusive so you may have to pay more. From what I understand some Japanese retailers are still have the preorder open, but I'm not sure of the current pricing.

Pre-ordered. :)

I wish I had models doing transformations! Unfortunately, that was just a one time thing... for now at least.Glad you're liking the videos though! I think I still have lots of room for improvement there but I'm working on it.

I think you're doing a flawless job. Keep it up.

I just took a look at that motor city toys page and they were a bit high priced, but not as much as some others. They do seem to have a shipping discount if you spend over $150 that could help people that have trouble getting a preorder. I have never ordered from them and didn't know the site existed but they have an interesting selection of items.

^ thanks but I got the preorder in on amazon Japan priced a bit higher at 8900 jpy and ships internationally too. The US dollar isn't too hot now anyway. I rather pay in yen

No problem. Price aside, was just trying to help out in some active pre-orders.

I just took a look at that motor city toys page and they were a bit high priced, but not as much as some others. They do seem to have a shipping discount if you spend over $150 that could help people that have trouble getting a preorder. I have never ordered from them and didn't know the site existed but they have an interesting selection of items.

I know the place is at least legit. I never heard of them until I found a youtube video of a toy reviewer who plugged the company.

^ thanks but I got the preorder in on amazon Japan priced a bit higher at 8900 jpy and ships internationally too. The US dollar isn't too hot now anyway. I rather pay in yen

Clearly someone wasn't collecting a couple years ago when it was like 80 Yen to a dollar.