Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

That white and pink/purple VF-27 is a thing of beauty... dunno if I would pick up a pink 19 though.

I'm really interested to see what kind of engineering Bandai does on this thing. The pics we've seen have me a little concerned it's going to be another case of "let's use ten tiny pieces to do the job of one" like they did on the 171. And I really hope they ditch the metallic plastic for joints..

Edited by Chronocidal

• 3 weeks later...

This is truly exciting news for me. Given some of the more recent Bandai toys, I'm starting to like them. My v1 DX VF-25, and VF-19 Hi metal were a tad disapointing. Good to see that they're getting their crap together. I still want a 1/60 Yamato YF-19, because I love it, and it's available right now. I'll wait on it for now. The yammies seem to have stood the test of time, fairly well, so I'll stick to that. But this is definitely something I'll consider adding to my collection.

This is truly exciting news for me. Given some of the more recent Bandai toys, I'm starting to like them. My v1 DX VF-25, and VF-19 Hi metal were a tad disapointing. Good to see that they're getting their crap together. I still want a 1/60 Yamato YF-19, because I love it, and it's available right now. I'll wait on it for now. The yammies seem to have stood the test of time, fairly well, so I'll stick to that. But this is definitely something I'll consider adding to my collection.

If you can find one for sale. Even when we all knew when the pre-orders were happening a good chunk of us couldn't nab one...

You know, I have some really expensive hobbies. Between this, Warhammer 40k, Airsoft, and Battletech, I've dumped a ton of money into having fun. Good thing I'm at that cozy stage with all my hobbies where I can add in bits and pieces...

And here's Bandai, making me want to spend more money...

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

You know, I have some really expensive hobbies. Between this, Warhammer 40k, Airsoft, and Battletech, I've dumped a ton of money into having fun. Good thing I'm at that cozy stage with all my hobbies where I can add in bits and pieces...

And here's Bandai, making me want to spend more money...

my main hobby is my few collections I have going at the moment.. the motorcycle is next in line but at the moment doesn't quite the attention it deserves.. too much money being pooled in buy stuff all the time! :wacko:

Bandai and Arcadia don't make it easy for us eh! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I imagine they'll milk this mold with at least a couple repaints, and hopefully, a reissue of the Dyson scheme. At this point, I'm pretty pleased with my Arcadia as my M+ 19 of choice, so it wouldn't break my heart too terribly if availability, or lack thereof, forced me to buy a color variant. The Dyson scheme is still my favorite, but if they did a low vis or a Nova scheme, either of those would be great. I'm really curious to see the differences in design choices between Bandai's and Arcadia's YF-19.

I hope so, M'Kyuun. If Arcadia will not do any more variants for the '19. Bandai on the other hand should do it and milk it. Aisha's Pink VF-19. The blue VF-19A. VF-19EF Caliburn. And ofcourse, I would love to see a VF-19A Nothung. :wub:

I thought the Caliburn and the Nothung were from Macross the ride. Does Bandai have licensing rights to it?

i forgot the name and I am not sure, but the mag that released it has the license for it with both Hasegawa and Bandai providing the needed supplies

I have no idea on who's who have the licensing rights to. But all I'm saying is, since Bandai's going to release the VF-19A, they should milk somehow the mold into other 19 variants/classes as well. ^_^ And the first one to go after Isamu will probably Aisha. It's the logical choice since Bandai owned the Macross 30 game. And since Macross Δ (Delta) is still too far away, they need to put products out there for sure.

But yeah, the other 19 variant I'm looking forward if ever they milk the mold is the Nothung. ;)

^Keep an eye on CDJ and HLJ; they may reopen their listings shortly before, or upon, release... others may as well, and there is always N-Y as a fall back -- they usually manage to get additional stock to offer at inflated prices.

Anyone know when the release date is as of yet? I know it's slated for late May, but I'm curious when it'll show up, as I'd love to get a chance to pick it up (since i missed out on preorders.)

I imagine Amiami, HLJ, or CDJapan will have a few left over morning of release?

I never knew I needed the VF-19 in my life, but I absolutely do. It's gorgeous.

Edited by Zaid