Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Maybe the "twist" this time around is a gay love triangle? Nothing wrong with that, right?

Sure, I'm down for that. It would draw in more female audience anyway. ;)

We want this show to be successful after all.

But if we're getting Yaoi we need some lesbian love for the Walkyrie girls. The main character needs to be bi also. :lol:

This is going to a big win for the LGBT community.

macrossdelta-rightstory_img-ed.jpg

Red hair and green hair girl fits the bill for being lesbian, they can both fight over the pink haired girl. :D

I would definitely want some LGBTQ characters that's not tired stereotypes this time around.

Totally agreed. gay character exist in today's anime, but they're served more or less as stereotypical comic relief character. Bobby from Macross Frontier and Fire Emblem from Tiger and Bunny comes to mind. Both of these characters also happens to be black, so I guess there's also a racial element in play too.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not gay or anything or claim to know how people within the LGBT community thinks,but I do believe in human rights, freedom of speech, equality and all that. So, they deserve a place in society (and i guess anime) too.

Even though i'm half joking about making the entire cast of the show gay, I do share your sentiment about wanting a serious and mature gay character (or any character for that matter). But seeing all these reactions above your post, I don't think a lot of people would go for it. Perhaps one day humanity will have the courage to take that step in the future, but right now i'm not seeing that happening. Also, serious and mature story and characters don't really have a place in today mainstream anime. So, that's a double knock against that as well.

Good luck and godspeed.

Oooookaaaay, probably about time to lock the thread again until December 31st....

+2. This topic just jumped a shark, and the news of the conference has been exhausted. hibernation time maybe? At least until more news comes.

Before the thread returns to it's slumber, I just wanna say the wrist cannons on the new Valk are awesome. Big fan of integral weapons in general, and wristguns especially.

yeah the idea is good but what comes into question is the type of ammunition they chose for them.. projectiles really!?!? unless there is a "specific" reason for this which will be revealed in the series then it just doesn't really add up or make any sense..

Physical projectile ammunition would be very limited unless they have exchangeable magazines (which clearly doesn't seem to be the case or at least what we know of) or they simply will rely on the "anime magic" factor, which again would be a rather disappointing..

Maybe the missile pod is a giant ammo magazine!?!? i feel im pissing into the wind with that one.. and it would suck anyways. Im sure there would be loads more cooler ideas to have used for that rather than ammo storage..

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.. So you reckon they'll lock this thread again?

Edited by spanner76

i would like leave this thread open....there may be more annoucements coming up since the airing is not that far away on Dec 31st..

Its hopefully gonna be more civil and quieter after the mega announcements over the past few days...

or perhaps monitor the situation a bit more...

Where were all the calls to lock the thread several pages back when all the hating was going on?

If the thread gets locked now over the suggestion of a gay love triangle....Macross World just comes off as homophobic....

-3 to bring back balance to the thread! :rolleyes:

Just keep things civil and/or let the mods keep it so...

EH!? Disappointing right now with the trailer and after what happened with Aquarion it does not seem to be a bright future right now... But I hope that I'm wrong and this ends being a superb show. *sighs*

Sigh...how many times do I need to point out that the idol girls ARENT the VF-31 pilots?

Not to mention the fact that most people are making judgements on a 90 second teaser with explicitly stated unfinished animation in it? There was 43 minutes of context and discussion leading up to that teaser. But apparently no one watched the actual live stream. (p_-)

I watched the stream but I don't speak Japanese well and didn't understand most of it. Was there more info. then was in those bullet points you provided for us? Edited by Mommar

i definitely don't think it's a boy group vs a girl group thing. as stated many times the girl idols are not pilots, but are paired with valkyrie pilots. also, there's been nothing to suggest that the aerial knights are singers.

some other random thoughts from watching the trailer 10+ times

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-31%20at%2012.10.

as others have said, this is definitely the main character valk pilot. it's a guy (at least i think) and it's definitely not one of the idol singers.

aerialknight1.jpgaerialknight2.jpg

what the heck are these things? everyone associated with the aerial knights has one. it's highly likely that the aerial knights and the wind kingdom are a new alien race(perhaps indigenous to this planet?), and perhaps having random diamonds at the ends of their hair is a distinguishing feature of their race.

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-31%20at%2012.11.

this is one of the "walkure"idols from the poster and i definitely get the feeling that these two make an idol/valk pilot pair. because he has an ozma vibe i get a cathy/misa vibe from her as well. she's def my favorite of the idols! perhaps their valk is the 01?

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-31%20at%2012.15.

definitely one of the valk pilots. the way we see her fight with the blue haired guy, perhaps the love triangle involves a girl pilot, guy pilot, and an idol, rather than two idols and a pilot? i wonder which idol she's paired with?

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-31%20at%2012.14.Screen%20Shot%202015-10-31%20at%2012.14.

the idol in the holographic screen and the person standing on the street are the same person. she probably changed her hair color to disguise herself so she wouldn't get mobbed by fans when walking down on the street, and happened to walk by a holographic billboard with herself on it. she's even got the same fishing lure hanging out of her hair. i bet she has nano implants allowing her to change her hair color with the switch of a button.

Edited by cyde01

not only that if you see the hair in the poster with the girls the one at the from of the group as a weird shape to her hair too.

she might be from a different race too

macrossdelta-rightstory_img-ed.jpg

well, its glowing and taking the shape of fairy wings so i dunno if you can make a direct comparison to her and the aerial knights.

deltamain02.png.jpg

So I assume that the guy with the blond hair and the dark blue uniform is the pilot of the leader Draken Valkyrie since their uniform colors match up.

I also think that the persons with the blond hair and the two sitting in front are guys while the red haired person is a girl. An indication could be the the ruff/scarf that is part of the uniform. Since their uniforms are all the same color (green as the Drakens in the background) the difference in the uniforms might be an indication of the gender. The collar of the guy in the blue uniform has the same style as the ones from the two people in the foreground so I assume the differences in the red haired persons uniform don't indicate a rank.

The person in the background might be the headmaster of the knight order. I think it is the same person we see in the trailer with the gray hairs and the glasses (which would make him most likely male).

This might clear up some of the speculations who the Draken Boys are.

[edit:] Also notice that the two pilots in the background have feathers with red highlights where the ones in the foreground have feathers with blue highlights? Maybe this gives an indication of rank. So the guy in the blue uniform is the commander and the girl next to him is his second in command where the two in the foreground are normal soldiers.

Whats weird is that there are four pilots, and five Drakens If this is no coincidence that maybe the blue Draken is the machine of the headmaster guy and the blue uniformed pilot flies a normal SV-262 (maybe a F-type where the rest flies A-types)

Edited by Scyla

yeah can't really tell the gender of the red head at all, could go both ways lol. pretty sure the front two are twins.

yeah can't really tell the gender of the red head at all, could go both ways lol. pretty sure the front two are twins.

hehe! yeah its kinda hard to say isn't it.. could just be a very feminine looking guy with long colored hair!? or is genderless like in Knights of Sidonia that then selects a gender depending on its choice of partner perhaps?

Since I don't think this has been discussed yet, I'll bring it up.

The production staff on key roles lacks experience compared to people that worked on Frontier, the one that worries me the most is the CG Director position. This is an excerpt from a Ichiro Itano interview around the time Frontier was being produced:

"Whenever we interview Satelight’s Hiroshi Yagishita-san [*7], he always mentions your name.

Itano: Yeah, because he is a pupil of the Itano School. Man, I beat the hell outta that guy (laughs). The quiet, hard-working guy may be pulled up from above to eventually fulfill his potential, but once he reaches a high level he cannot talk back to a director or enshutsu. That’s why I showed Blassreiter to Yagishita-kun, to which he responded that he would work as hard as he could on episode 7 of Macross Frontier. I even gave him a handicap and told him, “Oh, and we’re gonna have robots and fighter jets from episode 12 onwards, just so you know!”

 So you were competing, and thus mutually spurring each other on.

Itano: Yagishita has been saying he wants to come over and hang out, but he’s been told not to until Macross F is wrapped up. Now they’re working on the Macross F movie, so he’s actually my enemy. So I’ve warned him not to come spy on us (laughs). I think it’s good to just compete with each other to make good shows and have sparring bouts, and as a result, animation as a whole should grow, right?"

Back when Frontier was announced some of us wondered/hoped for Itano's involvement, but of course didn't happen, Frontier still managed to deliver and this guy is the reason why, so in my opinion it is surprising to find out that he is not involved with Delta, instead we have someone with a handful of projects under their belt with the task of delivering one Macross's staples, it's fight choreography. I seriously doubt they would mess up something as important as this, but still, I would have liked someone from the "Itano school" still involved with Macross.

Hironori Morino will be taking over Hiroshi Yagishita's position from Frontier.

If I had to guess, the other two positions seem to have been recruited due to their animation experience in "Expelled from Paradise" -no directing experience, only animation credits, from a brief look at this movie, it does have some rather nice fight choreography in the same style as Macross, very dynamic. Directing experience comes from AKB0048 meh...

The pointed ends of the draken pilots hair look a bit like

attachicon.gifvajramothership0_small.gif

Plus the fact they named the draken with anti-UN desigs...SV....should be link to the past somewhere...

more questions than answers!

Via Macross the Ride, there are at least a few people left in the galaxy who [are/claim to be] descended from Anti-Unification Alliance soldiers who survived the First Space War... like air racer Magdalena Zielonaska, who claims her grandfather was the original pilot of the modified SV-51γ she races in. Her family's got plenty of money and influence too via their ownership of the Vistula & Oder investment bank. So, I guess there's the possibility that this new faction could be a anti-government faction with ties to the original Anti-Unification Alliance.

(Or the SV designation could simply indicate that some remnant of Sukhoi Aviation is at large in the galaxy and developing Valkyries for parties other than the central government.)

Since I don't think this has been discussed yet, I'll bring it up.

The production staff on key roles lacks experience compared to people that worked on Frontier, the one that worries me the most is the CG Director position. This is an excerpt from a Ichiro Itano interview around the time Frontier was being produced:

Back when Frontier was announced some of us wondered/hoped for Itano's involvement, but of course didn't happen, Frontier still managed to deliver and this guy is the reason why, so in my opinion it is surprising to find out that he is not involved with Delta, instead we have someone with a handful of projects under their belt with the task of delivering one Macross's staples, it's fight choreography. I seriously doubt they would mess up something as important as this, but still, I would have liked someone from the "Itano school" still involved with Macross.

Hironori Morino will be taking over Hiroshi Yagishita's position from Frontier.

If I had to guess, the other two positions seem to have been recruited due to their animation experience in "Expelled from Paradise" -no directing experience, only animation credits, from a brief look at this movie, it does have some rather nice fight choreography in the same style as Macross, very dynamic. Directing experience comes from AKB0048 meh...

Kawamori choreographs the variable fighter battle sequences. He has since SDFM (with the exception of M2).

Edited by Zinjo