Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

The real question here is why aren't the girls singing Valkyrie pilots? I had my bets on Jamming Birds 2.0 with less annoying U.N.SPACY pilots focusing exclusively on the idols.

Because M7 stretched the suspension of disbelief to breaking.... This could actually be "Jamming Birds 2.0", as it follows in a similar vein. The JB's were in the jump seats of the VF-11's that were driven by trained pilots. We don't know how this idol group will be involved in the fight, as there doesn't seem to be a direct correlation yet.

Edited by Zinjo

Can't say too much about the old BSG since i wasn't old enough to see it when it orginally come out, but the new BSG ended pretty badly imo.

The first couple of seasons was great, but near the end it seems like the writers just ran out of ideas or something. Some plot point just didn't go anywhere, and they had to drop it mid-season. All in all it ended in a pretty wracky way....so pretty much space magic ending. :lol:

I like 'em both for different reasons. But dude, C'mon, you gotta love the old Daedalus attack on the Cylon colony! That was epic, even if the rest was somewhat convoluted.

Now back to our regularly scheduled bickering...

Edited by Zinjo

If Veef will hit us with an animated gif of Ranka in the VF-25 costume, I promise to drop this wonderful tangent!

There's also that Kawamori illustration in one of the MacF books with a variant of the VF-25 transforming into a Ranka-looking robot idol girl.

I'm pretty sure everybody from the Kingdom of Wind poster are guys. unless my suspicion that they are all girls pretending to be guys are correct...then they're dudes.

As for female pilots. I always wanted to see more of that in Macross. I kind of wanted to see this girl from Macross 30 in Delta, but I guess it's not happening.

Macross-30_PS3_12-05.jpg

I mean, look at those..those..PLOTS man! :wub:

She certainly looks like she could use some....support. :p

Because M7 stretched the suspension of disbelief to breaking.... This could actually be "Jamming Birds 2.0", as it follows in a similar vein. The JB's were in the jump seats of the VF-11's that were driven by trained pilots. We don't know how this idol group will be involved in the fight, as there doesn't seem to be a direct correlation yet.

You know, JB 2.0 is a very plausible reasoning for these idols to be even featured in this anime.

Until they all directly transform into their distinct VF-31 variants...

:bump:

Here's a thought: What if each team of fighters merged into a giant gestalt? :huh: What a twist!

A handful of fighters merging into a giant....wait a minute....sounds familiar. :p

post-7534-0-34689900-1446247349_thumb.jpg

I like 'em both for different reasons. But dude, C'mon, you gotta love the old Daedalus attack on the Cylon colony! That was epic, even if the rest was somewhat convoluted.

Now back to our regularly scheduled bickering...

That part was cool, I agree, but everything else was kinda meh.

I know what they're trying to do but, the whole Cylon god religion thing was kind of wack. And the whole Starbucks angel/she smoking too much weed plot made me go..."wtf am I watching again?"..so yeah. :mellow:

Okay, now we can go back to discussing Macross Delta. :p

426137-11007748-bf35-11e3-9a65-7ae351194

Edited by Reaction Warhead

Wha---what? Scan of that anywhere?

It's in one of the Nyan-kuretto books. They made three, I don't know which one of them it is.

http://www.anime-oz.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/227x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/t/h/thumb-nyankuretto2.jpg

There was a scan on this forum, that's how I found out about it, but I don't know which thread. Happy hunting :p

It's in one of the Nyan-kuretto books. They made three, I don't know which one of them it is.

http://www.anime-oz.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/227x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/t/h/thumb-nyankuretto2.jpg

There was a scan on this forum, that's how I found out about it, but I don't know which thread. Happy hunting :p

I have them close by (I think...). I'll pull them out and see what I can find.

EDIT: and I'll post them in the art thread so as not to clutter this one up even more.

Edited by Gubaba

Anybody else hope the SV-262 Draken III is packing a sword?

Hey they are flown by Knights.

I'd be ok with that. But what kind of sword? A Gundam style beam sword or a solid object with pinpoint-barrier style effect.

Either way, could be cool!

Welcome back to the wonderful world of instant judgements, nerdgasms, and other memes. Brought to you by social media.

Social media. Because everyone needs to know what your drunk ass ate at 3AM in the morning.

You can repeat what you've said a billion times, but people have already made their minds up from 90-seconds of footage paired with a stock soundtrack and a few images.

I'll put my faith on a rough episode one over millions of people trying to make snarky judgements months in advance.

(But to even things out, I'm only on LinkedIn.)

I'm pretty sure everybody from the Kingdom of Wind poster are guys. unless my suspicion that they are all girls pretending to be guys are correct...then they're dudes.

As for female pilots. I always wanted to see more of that in Macross. I kind of wanted to see this girl from Macross 30 in Delta, but I guess it's not happening.

Macross-30_PS3_12-05.jpg

I mean, look at those..those..PLOTS man! :wub:

Isn't she so nice. "I've never played the game before" but she's my waifu". Kathy? (Most of you won't get this,,,, inside joke). :ph34r: