Arcadia VF-1J Full Armor - January 2015

joppewo

Whoa....beautiful overkill, if they had this idea in the anime I bet the armour would've had more screen time lol

I was disappointed about the ejected seat too, though gonna use the ejected seat from the 30th anniversary VF-1A for my armoured VF-1J. Aiming for a maintenance pose when we finally move into our new house >.<

Thanks loko77. Glad you liked it. I was imagining this configuration if it's doable. But the only gripe is that they have a different color sets. That's why I change the Strike Packs color in Photoshop and added that gold/copper color in the boosters too. And yes, I agree that if they did this in the anime it will be an instant hit because of the firepower factor. ;)

And yeah, I was looking for those 'option parts' but... <_<

I got a reply. They want me to open a claim with my local post office before they will process it on their side. I have no idea how I'm gonna do that since the item is already with me and I don't know the process. Guess I'll have to make a few phone calls tomorrow but it's a hassle considering the actual toy is intact.

HLJ on the other hand, have offered me a 10% discount voucher in the past without even going through that hassle. All they needed was a photo but that item was quite badly dented.

Yeah, that's going to be a hassle just by thinking about it. That's why most of the guys here always advice on using HLJ for its great customer service. I haven't tried it since it's been awhile since I purchased something with HLJ. And for those purchases years ago, I didn't have problems with it. But my other upcoming VF-19 Advance will be coming from them so let's wait and see if that item will have its own problem for me to experience to call HLJ's customer service reps. ;)

Anyone have any experience with Amiami customer service? I finally received my GBP valk and as soon as I lifted it up, the fin on the right leg fell off. Seems one of the tiny pegs holding it in place was either broken off or wasn't moulded properly. Is it worth trying to get a new one from Amiami or should I just accept the fact that I have an imperfect brand new toy? Funny thing is, it looks like someone tried to glue it back onto the leg, as the area that's missing the pin is really shiny compared to the matte finish on the plastic. Starting to wonder about Arcadia's quality/QA.

Edited by Gunn

Anyone have any experience with Amiami customer service? I finally received my GBP valk and as soon as I lifted it up, the fin on the right leg fell off. Seems one of the tiny pegs holding it in place was either broken off or wasn't moulded properly. Is it worth trying to get a new one from Amiami or should I just accept the fact that I have an imperfect brand new toy? Funny thing is, it looks like someone tried to glue it back onto the leg, as the area that's missing the pin is really shiny compared to the matte finish on the plastic. Starting to wonder about Arcadia's quality/QA.

Contact AmiAmi and you'll likely get the standard "we do not assist overseas customers with part replacements or exchanges"....

I'd give it a try first though....see if they may have changed their ridiculous policy....

With that failing to give you any kind of resolution acceptable to you....the only other option would be to request a conplete refund, which will require the return of the entire item as received....

Hopefully, you used Paypal....that would be the easiest return process....otherwise you will need to work through the return via whatever credit card company you used....

Good Luck!

Contact AmiAmi and you'll likely get the standard "we do not assist overseas customers with part replacements or exchanges"....

I'd give it a try first though....see if they may have changed their ridiculous policy....

With that failing to give you any kind of resolution acceptable to you....the only other option would be to request a conplete refund, which will require the return of the entire item as received....

Hopefully, you used Paypal....that would be the easiest return process....otherwise you will need to work through the return via whatever credit card company you used....

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info jvmacross. I did pay through PayPal, but still undecided as to what I'll do. Seems like it might be a huge hassle but it seems like something i would be able to fix. what to do…

mine fell off also. on the left leg though. I was able to get it back on. it took a while though, it was sorta difficult.

Hey Jaylive, mind if I ask how you fixed it? Could potentially save me a lot of heartache. :)

Seems like it might be a huge hassle…

no worries....

...but that is exactly the sentiment these online shops are hoping for from their overseas customers.....i would still advise you contact them....if anything, their response will help you decide where to shop next time....

I had the same issue with my Arcadia VF-1S Hikaru Custom.

I glued it back on. On mine it seems that there was not enough glue to keep it in place.

Compared with my three Yamato Valkyries many of my Arcadia toys all have some sort of small flaws. Besides the fin that fell off I have a missing paint application for the navigation light on one tail fin, misaligned intake markings and a thruster that was glued in faulty and fell out. On my YF-19 and VF-1S Focker Custom I haven't found any errors. I also found several places with super glue mist but nothing visible.

Reports about not properly glued in fins and discolored parts on the GBP are a bummer on the prices Arcadia demands for their toys.

Can someone with more experience tell if those small issues where less common on the Yamato releases?

It is a shame that the

no worries....

...but that is exactly the sentiment these online shops are hoping for from their overseas customers.....i would still advise you contact them....if anything, their response will help you decide where to shop next time....

Once again, thanks for the info. I did just email them about the issue. I'm not expecting them to jump through hurdles to help me out, but you're absolutely right when you say their response will directly affect where my dollars go.

I'm just guessing here. The fin you're referring to is the small fin in red and white near the leg's landing gear, correct? If so, DO NOT GLUE that part when you insert that back in. Since you need to pull that out a little in order to fold the fin and put the GBP leg armors. Look at the picture below (Section 2-09). The F14R/F14L parts says 'No Glue'. Just insert that back in and it's good to go. Anyways, hope that helps. No need to call AmiAmi. ^_^

post-5552-0-77890800-1433971146_thumb.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

It would be great if both of you can take a pic of the fin issues

Not the best quality pic (from my phone). Basically the top pin on the hinge is there (left side of pic), but the bottom (right side of pic) looks like it's shaved flat. there's nothing to hold the bottom part in place. And again, it looks like glue was applied to that part as its pretty shiny

NkYrzDQ.jpg

I'm just guessing here. The fin you're referring to is the small fin in red and white near the leg's landing gear, correct? If so, DO NOT GLUE that part when you insert that back in. Since you need to pull that out a little in order to fold the fin and put the GBP leg armors. Look at the picture below (Section 2-09). The F14R/F14L parts says 'No Glue'. Just insert that back in and it's good to go. Anyways, hope that helps. No need to call AmiAmi. ^_^

attachicon.gifimg243.jpg

Do you have the rest of that manual? The other day I was wondering if it was possible to replace a canopy in a VF-1 and this would help.

Edited by Gwynne

A couple of questions:

1. Does the GBP chest armor just very lightly snap on or am I missing something? It stays in place, but if I try to open the missile bays the whole armor section falls off. Likewise if I so much as brush against it too hard while handling the toy it will fall right off.

2. The three 'canisters' on each hip...are they supposed to be removable or did Arcadia just glue some of mine but not others? One comes off if I pull a bit, one falls off if I bump it, the others don't budge.

@Saburo Hell yeah, the pics I've been waiting for! They are awesome, always a treat. Such an iconic design... I grew up with this guy. I even remember I had a foam "J" as my birthday cake decoration once. I thought it was super cool!

I was skeptical at first with all this "pink" deal but it's true. Under certain lighting conditions you can clearly see a pink "glow"/tint in this white they are using. I have no idea what would be causing this, my only optimistic thought (as others have already suggested) is that it could have some additive that hopefully diminishes yellowing long term... But if this was the case you would think Arcadia would be pretty open about this and turn this issue into an added benefit. I certainly wouldn't mind the occasional glow if it means my valk will stay white longer...

My pessimistic thought is that their supplier is using whatever they want and they are not testing for metameric problems http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamerism_(color)

You can easily see the pink/purple deal in all the white shadow areas in Saburo's pics.

Edited by sixtybucks

I would assume that if you use warm/day lights you'll get more of a pink hue. I'm really not getting much pink from Saburo's pictures. I'm looking forward to taking it out but it seems like one of those things that most people won't notice but when you do you won't be able to un-notice it.

@jenius under straight sunlight it's white, the thing happens when it's in the shade, indirect diffused or bounced sunlight. When you try it, put a blank sheet of paper on the side as a reference. Look at the folded fins on the backpack, in Saburo's pics, you can see how the shadow changes from grey to purple/pink

BdOoLr9.png

Got mine, does anyone know NY's policy on dented boxes?

I had a hole punched right through the box on my vf-25g. Valk was ok. Still i explained to n-y that part of the reason i buy these because they usually hold their value if not go up. Having a hole in the box reduces the value even though the valk inside is ok. Their awesome customer service response was to simply ignore my claims. I emailed them like 3 times before i gave up. This is why i don't care if i preorder and then don't pay.

Thanks everyone!

Glad you guys like the photos. There is a slight tinge of pink in plastic, but not as bad in pics a member (sorry, I forgot who it was) posted of the Arcadia VF-1S. You can see it more from certain angles in the photos. Its not really a bother to me.

Next up for photoshoot is the VE-1 or TV Skull Squadron (now that I have a VF-1J)? :unsure:

@DaPro that would be cool if Arcadia and/or Bandai would hire me to take photos for them. They could pay me in toys. :D

@sixtybucks, your post and link for Metamerism is quite informative read.

Edited by Saburo

Not the best quality pic (from my phone). Basically the top pin on the hinge is there (left side of pic), but the bottom (right side of pic) looks like it's shaved flat. there's nothing to hold the bottom part in place. And again, it looks like glue was applied to that part as its pretty shiny

The piece is not broken, you have to take the middle tab out and insert the fin firmly to the tab and then set it in the leg. Make sure you set the fin with the tab in the right direction.

Awesome pictures Saburo, why no clown hands?

The piece is not broken, you have to take the middle tab out and insert the fin firmly to the tab and then set it in the leg. Make sure you set the fin with the tab in the right direction.

Awesome pictures Saburo, why no clown hands?

It's not an issue of me putting the fin back into the middle tab. I've put it back in repeatedly. It won't stay in because there isn't a bottom pin to hold it in place.