Arcadia 1/60 YF-19 Macross Frontier Super Parts WF Exclusive By T-Rex

EXO

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm interested in being a buyer, but would like a firm price before making any commitments.

lol, that post made my day.

Super Parts will be 13000yen

That's awesome for those that will be able to secure one, but now I feel bad because I'll be left out. At 23,300 JPY or some other not-so-reasonable price it was easier for me to get over not having a set.

And yep, I'm blaming EXO for my psychological ups and downs.

this is interesting

Indeed. :ph34r:

-b.

I'm stoked, even though I have a fraction's fraction of a chance of getting this.

How cool would a Sayonara no Tsubasa.YF-19 have been for the official Arcadia release?

It's too bad about the licensing. Oh well.

Edited by technoblue

Super Parts will be 13000yen

Oh, that's much cheaper than I thought! Well, then I'm not interested any more. This price can only mean the kit is made out of plastic or resin instead of solid titanium. Instantly cancelling my multiple pre orders ^_^

Those 25A parts are not scaled/colored/etc... for the Arcadia 19 at all. No comparison, the TREX parts looks heads and tails better.

They look fantastic and the color matches perfectly... the TREX parts however looks too stubby and their increased weight since they are made out of resin probably will put unnecessary strain on the wings.

The fit is so tight that I was worried about getting scrape marks on the black painted sections of the wings but it all went well.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

They look fantastic and the color matches perfectly... the TREX parts however looks too stubby and their increased weight since they are made out of resin probably will put unnecessary strain on the wings.

The fit is so tight that I was worried about getting scrape marks on the black painted sections of the wings but it all went well.

I've put my 25A packs on my 19 just to see how they would look. You can actually attach them to the wing glove just like the TREX parts but you have to open the wings up so the packs fit over the metal swing bars. No matter how you slice it the Bandai Packs really don't look nearly as good as the official, made for packs. They look alright on their own, but I'd rather have the TREX parts.

Edited by Mommar

I've put my 25A packs on my 19 just to see how they would look. You can actually attach them to the wing glove just like the TREX parts but you have to open the wings up so the packs fit over the metal swing bars. No matter how you slice it the Bandai Packs really don't look nearly as good as the official, made for packs. They look alright on their own, but I'd rather have the TREX parts.

I disagree but good luck getting the TREX parts.

I have a feeling that the only solution for this is buy a cheap Super Packs whether V.1 or V.2 and modify the wing slot on the boosters to fit it ok, if not perfectly, since the plastic is kinda lighter than resin so that it won't give any problems on the YF-19 wing and the metal swing bar. And wait if someone's going to work on the missle pod over Shapeways. I want to have this Frontier mode on my YF-19, but not too crazy to get the TREX version since the price is too steep. :lol:

I think the inner gaps of the vf-25 super packs just infront of the wing make it look a bit more unsightly compared to the TRex version... also look like they sit too far forward when you look at the upper right wing...

There are no ''inner gaps'' and you can put the boosters a little bit closer to the wing roots but that tends to make them angle inwards.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

The price is fine, it's the availability that kills it for me.

QFT

And I'm firmly in the "Bandai Super Parts" on the Arcadia YF-19 are not attractive/acceptable solution or work-around. They just don't look good, and look way too forced with that huge ugly gap.

-b.

By the way, there IS that front inner a gap as seen in the movie

http://ghostlightning.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/commie-macross-frontier-the-movie-sayonara-no-tsubasa-bd-1080p-aac-66ae8f11-mkv_snapshot_01-35-52.jpg

I suppose that those FAST pack boosters are only made for the 25 series hence its just a rudimentary fit on the 19's wing

So.. officially it shouldn't be fitting like a glove like TRex's

but that doesnt stop it from looking much better.

Guest davidwhangchoi

smh... i think you just need to follow the yf-19 thread a bit or read it.

it's been discussed to death...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Here's a visual, yf-29d. Look closely at the first picture. This is from the TREXTOYS twitter feed (the set that EXO posted on page 1). These parts cover the gap and may even lock the wing in place? I don't know. Do any members local to Japan have this now?
post-5492-0-27537700-1405524292_thumb.jpg
And your photo with the VF-25A parts shows a gap:

sh1nhi3kbu8yht6fg.jpg

This is what the other guys are pointing out.

This is what the other guys are pointing out.

Actually, I believe close313 has it right....there is supposed to be a gap as shown in the screen capture. These boosters are not designed for the YF-19 (possible in-universe explanation for the gap shown)....there would be no reason for it to have been "drawn"/depicted with the gap in the film.....doesn't anime magic usually take care of these inconsistencies on screen?).....

I do not think the T-Rex parts address this "gap"....the T-rex parts were designed to look more like the recent Tenjin illustration of the YF-19 EF /A "Isamu Special".....which begs the question...which is canon? Gap or no Gap? :rolleyes:

issue_69_1.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

I do not think the T-Rex parts address this "gap"....the T-rex parts were designed to look more like the recent Tenjin illustration of the YF-19 EF /A "Isamu Special".....which begs the question...which is canon? Gap or no Gap? :rolleyes:

Huh. I was completely wrong then! It's nice to learn something new. I still think the VF-25A parts look cool, and the gap does not bother me at all.

Edited by technoblue

Huh. I was completely wrong then! It's nice to learn something new. I still think the VF-25A parts look cool, and the gap does not bother me at all.

As in other aspects of Macross, two realities can happily coexist.....well, except Macross II..... :p

As for the whole gap issue...I think I'll go with team T-Rex/Tenjin.....instead of what is depicted on film.....which under most circumstances I would accept as canon.....I'll go with the notion that extra armor plates were added to Isamu's -25 boosters to cover the gap! B))

Oh for the love of...

The pics that technoblue posted, along with the screen capture that jvmacross posted show how the the 25 super parts fit on the YF-19, TREX has it exactly as shown in the animation, the only thing they'd need is an SMS sticker to cover the UN Spacy kite.

The gap is NOT the space designed to allow the wings to fit into the parts, the gap is the how far those parts are down, or closer to the edge of the wing versus being closer to the actual fighter. Super Parts closer to the kite = Wrong. Super Parts closer to the body of the fighter = Correct.

Just because a certain member wants to throw yet another tantrum because people don't agree with him doesn't change that.

And if folks are good with the Bandai parts on their Arcadia YF-19 then seriously, more power to y'all. I'd rather have parts designed for the toy, otherwise I'll just go without and be equally content.

-b.

Actually, looking at the pics from the movie and the T-Rex parts it pretty clear they aren't like the movie. They're like the Tenjin cover. The reason YF-29 thinks they look stubby is specifically because that slit on the side doesn't come forward as far on the T-Rex parts (or the Tenjin cover art) as in the movie.

The gap is NOT the space designed to allow the wings to fit into the parts, the gap is the how far those parts are down, or closer to the edge of the wing versus being closer to the actual fighter. Super Parts closer to the kite = Wrong. Super Parts closer to the body of the fighter = Correct.

This is what I thought YF-29 Durandal was pointing out. It is entirely possible that I missed his point, though (I do that sometimes). The Macross Chronicle cover was one I hadn't seen before today, and I think the T-Rex parts are a nice model of Tenjin's illustration, which itself is a unique interpretation of the cell artwork.