Arcadia 1/60 YF-19 Macross Frontier Super Parts WF Exclusive By T-Rex

EXO

Ok, from what I saw on the picture, design-wise it's not a perfect transformation on the boosters since there's a clip used during Battroid mode. I mean the clip is not there during Fighter mode.

But I still want this for Fighter mode. :lol:

So is Kurisama looking for easy money these days? :rolleyes:

He might. He said before he just finished one project so there's a possibility. Just in case he decided to make one. ^_^

I have been thinking about seriously.

Looking at how they've done the hip connection looks... eh, well I don't like it. There must be a better way.

Shoulder missile launchers - no worries there.

Lots of high res photos would be appreciated. If anyone can help, email me addy kurisama@gmail.com

Leave it with me, I guess :D

Please don't bootleg someone else's work. I mean, doing your own is cool, especially if you think you can do it better... But hopefully we're not talking about something that is largely the same. I know the guy worked hard on these.

Looking at how they've done the hip connection looks... eh, well I don't like it. There must be a better way.

Lots of high res photos would be appreciated. If anyone can help, email me addy kurisama@gmail.com

looking at these two pics:

issue_69_1.jpg

commie-macross-frontier-the-movie-sayona

The T-Rex version looks like it was inspired by the Tenjin illustration more so than the actual CGI model seen on film....

The T-Rex set looks like the super packs were specifically redesigned to "fit" the YF-19....the set seen on Isamu's YF-19 on film...looks like Isamu threatened his poor ground crew to "slap on" a set of VF-25 SP and make them work or else!!! :angry:

Kurisama, maybe go for the "film" look to distinguish your version? Dunno.....either way you do it would be greatly appreciated by many a MWer I'm sure!!!

I'll look through my books and see if I can find anything that may help you out....

If I may, I believe they got the shoulder missile launchers slightly wrong. I think they should be on arm mounts that move around like the missile launchers on the VF-25 super packs. Just an idea to play with.

Bootleg someone else's work? Would you say I bootlegged the VF-4 head unit? The VF-0D wings and parts? The Queadluun Rau TV parts? The impact cannon? Cause I worked damn hard on those with a high degree of precision and fit.

I'd say the guy you know bootlegged Kawamori's concepts. As did I.

Personally, I don't come along and rip someone else's sculpting/engineering work. I am faithful to the art and concept tho. I cant really add my own touches too much or alter the design, as fans - especially MWers don't respond well unless it's 99.9% anime accurate.

Unfortunately the end result will by and large be the same, can't be helped there. Call it bootlegging then.

Then again I can just frakk this right off and not bother. Realistically, I won't sell that many as people either think it'll cost too much to get a custom, made to order set or don't have the skills necessary to paint and finish it.

If staying faithful to the art and concept makes me a bootlegger, then a bootlegger I am.

And a special thank you to my supporters and everyone that has ever purchased my kits.

Mommar and JVM... thanks fellas!

Edited by Kurisama

Bootleg someone else's work? Would you say I bootlegged the VF-4 head unit? The VF-0D wings and parts? The Queadluun Rau TV parts? The impact cannon? Cause I worked damn hard on those with a high degree of precision and fit.

I'd say the guy toy know bootlegged Kawamori's concepts. As did I.

Personally, I don't come along and rip someone else's sculpting/engineering work. I am faithful to the art and concept tho.

Unfortunately the end result will by and large be the same, can't be helped there.

Then again I can just frakk this right off and not bother. Realistically, I won't sell that many as people either think it'll cost too much to get a custom, made to order set or don't have the skills necessary to paint and finish it.

If starting faithful to the art and concept makes me a bootleger, then a bootleger I am.

You're not bootlegging anything. Dunno what Jenius is on about but I'm willing to bet you have a better idea how to mount everything than T-Rex does.

I did the exact same thing with the saddle bags and the side covers. I made my own and actually had the saddle bags connect to the Beagle Mospeada bikes with zero modifications needed. The VF-1 Side Covers were also modified to hold the shoulder hinges down... as long as they weren't a replica of the pieces sold by T-Rex. These are Wondefest exclusives so they'll be rare and official Big West products. Maybe they'll sell them a couple more times but they'll stop making them so I'm sure Kurisama can step in and sell to the people that didn't get a chance for these kits.

Edit... ooops... took out a line... don't think I was suppose to say that.

I read it.

So where is the confusion about 'what i'm on about'? I said 'please don't make a bootleg'. That's not a hard position to stand by. I also said 'doing your own is cool, especially if you think you can do it better."

IRL, I really pick up on the tone ppl use - I do the same on these boards, which is silly cause that's something that is impossible to tell.

I apologize. I had just woken up and read your post with one eye.

Next time I'll use both eyes and give it a minute or two before I post.

IRL, I really pick up on the tone ppl use - I do the same on these boards, which is silly cause that's something that is impossible to tell.

I apologize. I had just woken up and read your post with one eye.

Next time I'll use both eyes and give it a minute or two before I post.

Sounds like an issue with connotation and denotation. Bootleg ≠ Custom.

So where is the confusion about 'what i'm on about'? I said 'please don't make a bootleg'. That's not a hard position to stand by. I also said 'doing your own is cool, especially if you think you can do it better."

Yeah, that's what I read. Haven't you seen Kurisama on these messageboards before? He ISN'T a bootlegger. I found it insulting you would even make mention of that to him. He won't bootleg.

Hobby Search still has them in stock.

Realistically, I won't sell that many as people either think it'll cost too much to get a custom, made to order set or don't have the skills necessary to paint and finish it.

Sooo, are you perchance planning to offer custom, made to order sets? I'm not so good with the painting and such.

Edited by Raptor One

Damn I should of got the tan colored version, oh well I, decided to get they grey ones becase they are the same color as the normal fast packs. But I was thinking if I did get the tan ones i would have to paint the FP anyways. Oh we'll I'm happy i got at set at least, we'll they should be on a plane right now.

Damn I should of got the tan colored version, oh well I, decided to get they grey ones becase they are the same color as the normal fast packs. But I was thinking if I did get the tan ones i would have to paint the FP anyways. Oh we'll I'm happy i got at set at least, we'll they should be on a plane right now.

Seriously, you managed to score one??????