Just getting through the first season of Dark. A German series (2017) 

Creepy music, atmospheric build. Fleshed out characters. Non spoiler context: past, present & future happens simultaneously. If U want a break from Hollywood schtick... check it out.Screenshot_20231130_133944.png.73cfeb1c30002470a29fcd6c88663ef9.png

Dark had great world building and character arcs, but the concept got very bloated in the later episodes. There are some graphics avaible if you really want to untie the knot of the timelines. It still comes to a satisfying solution IMO, unlike the recent time loop based "Bodies" on Netflix.

8 hours ago, troyness said:

Just getting through the first season of Dark. A German series (2017) 

Creepy music, atmospheric build. Fleshed out characters. Non spoiler context: past, present & future happens simultaneously. If U want a break from Hollywood schtick... check it out.Screenshot_20231130_133944.png.73cfeb1c30002470a29fcd6c88663ef9.png

I’m tired of the usual time and multiverse stuff, so I’ll probably skip it unless I hear it’s really great, but so far it sounds like just another of the same gimmicks 

14 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Dark had great world building and character arcs, but the concept got very bloated in the later episodes. There are some graphics avaible if you really want to untie the knot of the timelines. It still comes to a satisfying solution IMO, unlike the recent time loop based "Bodies" on Netflix.

Just finished season 1.

So far pretty good!!

I hope a satisfying end is the same conclusion I come to.

13 hours ago, Big s said:

I’m tired of the usual time and multiverse stuff, so I’ll probably skip it unless I hear it’s really great, but so far it sounds like just another of the same gimmicks 

U have a point. I just happy to have a break from Hollywood. Really enjoying a lot of foreign films and TV series.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Few DECADES late but I started watching The Sopranos a couple of nights ago. Wife declined to watch with me. Loving it so far! 

I remember the first time watching it and we had the weird reaction of”Look, it’s the guy from Fist of the Northstar!!!”.

that show ended up getting so popular that I’m pretty sure it ends up the other way around when people accidentally find Fist of the Northstar

18 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Few DECADES late but I started watching The Sopranos a couple of nights ago. Wife declined to watch with me. Loving it so far! 

My family and my ex-gf's family (very Italian) at the time used to make a Sunday night of it by having dinner then watching the newest episode of The Sopranos. 

I will say that the 1/1 Scale B-17's they built (2 of them) look very convincing for all of the ground crew/maintenance scenes, I'm still iffy about the CGI, it looks a bit off to me but in 11 days we'll find out if this series was worth the wait, it's pushing 14 years since THE PACIFIC released. 

My lady loves the walking dead. She’s waiting for all the shows to finish and then add the amc subscription to binge them all. I’m personally not into them and she watches them while I’m asleep. It’s really weird to be woken up by constant zombie moans. 

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

We watched this show a couple weeks ago. It definitely has its moments, but it felt a little like certain story and character elements could’ve used some work. Overall, it’s not bad and I’ve been craving churros ever since