Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

I actually thought it would be widely available after release like the rest of the valks last year but the pre-order madness is off the charts! I'm getting jittery.

Pretty sure that's cos of overseas orders. Come

release day, there will be enough methinks. No matter how popular a valk, it's not like when Bandai first produced insufficient quantities.

Given that this is the fourth variation with the same mold, and NY raised the price $25, I'll wait. I get the impression that these valks will be available after release, and at a better price. :mellow:

NY didn't raise the price 25 dollars, they are simply charging retail. Their initial batch was 25 dollars below retail.

I thought about it, Ozma is probably the rare case, and I would be willing to bet, will be hard to get on the aftermarket.

It's freaking Ozma, the manliest man of men ever to grace Macross. I think Bandai should engineer 29 Armor parts, just for the

Ozma release. He doesn't fly bare Valks damnit!

NY really passes me off sometimes. What's the point of preorders if you want to jack up the prices!

...To retail.... lol

OMG they're charging retail on a 3rd round preorder, we should be celebrating considering all the price jacks last year

Edited by Duymon

Availability later on will all depends on how many Bandai produce. With the past releases, I got a feeling Bandai over produced, resulting in places like Amiami and Hobby Search being able to offer stock after released date. To me, if you really want this, better be safe to have one pre-ordered than not. If you don't really care, then must as well take the chances later on. NY price is actually decent unlike some of their other mark up from prior released. Perhaps they got burned badly and learned their lesson.

NY really passes me off sometimes. What's the point of preorders if you want to jack up the prices!

It has been speculated that they jack up the price of later batches of pre-orders because they are buying up stock from other retailers. Since they buy the stock at retail and not wholesale prices, the higher cost is passed on to the consumer.

Edited by IXTL

...To retail.... lol

OMG they're charging retail on a 3rd round preorder, we should be celebrating considering all the price jacks last year

Agree. I remember the VF-25F, jack up price was like 21,000 Yen from a retail of 14,000 Yen. This one is 18,300 Yen from a retail of 17,000 Yen. It's not that bad, and at least you have enough time to get a preorder in unlike other places selling below retail.

Guest davidwhangchoi

NY didn't raise the price 25 dollars, they are simply charging retail. Their initial batch was 25 dollars below retail.

not to say it isn't a decent price because it is but we don't ever calculate to include tax.

Given that this is the fourth variation with the same mold, and NY raised the price $25, I'll wait. I get the impression that these valks will be available after release, and at a better price. :mellow:

it's not a 25 mark up from the official price but from their initial offering. in reality, it's a markup from 17000yen to 18300yen about 13 bucks which is not too bad at all.

NY is being careful raising prices after over jacking the price of the 25F only to see the prices drop after realizing there were plenty to go around.

looks like Valk 1S beat me to the punch!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

...To retail.... lol

Yes, we get that the price raised to retail. Our main complaint is that NY changes prices on preorders constantly. I guess they are the only company that acquires third-party sources, and that may justify the fluctuations. But, considering everyone is purchasing the same toy, it rather sucks to be the guy who pays $20-40 more.

I agree with skullmilitia, I was almost going to pay the same amount for an Isamu YF-29 anyway plus I like this scheme more AND it's my favourite Frontier mold. Besides, I've been burned quite a few times (especially during my early macross collecting days last year) so I'm a bit numb to that increase (not THAT bad of an increase) in price. Especially if you compare a $40 increase to not having one at all if you really want it. I'd expect it to be around 17k Yen are readily available places (Amazon JP) without proxy fees etc or at Mandarake during release. Thanks for that NY heads up, I've got 1 on reserve.

I don't mind paying retail or slightly inflated prices. The thing with NY is that the preorders numbers and quantities are small and limited for each window. Why can't they just decide on a price then allow the buyers to decide whether to purchase them. It's really crazy having to monitor my mails and status windows trying to secure a piece when I'm shuttling in between meetings

Edited by recon

NY markup hit its peak with the fokker yf-29 which went for $300 which i stupidly paid. It was bandai's first non canon paint scheme and we thought it'd be the low viz of the bandai valks. Unfortunately its one of the easiest bandai valks to get at reasonable price. NY must have got burned because prices never got that bad again for preorders.

NY markup hit its peak with the fokker yf-29 which went for $300 which i stupidly paid. It was bandai's first non canon paint scheme and we thought it'd be the low viz of the bandai valks. Unfortunately its one of the easiest bandai valks to get at reasonable price. NY must have got burned because prices never got that bad again for preorders.

The YF-29 30th Anniversary is not to say that easy to get. It was hard to secure one from the main retailers like HLJ, Amiami or Hobby Search for the reissue. NY first mark up was not too bad, then they push it up more. I got burned with that one as I bought one after release from them, to have them drop in price a day after. Their drop price was still above retail.

Easy to get releases would be the VF-171, RVF-25 and VF-27 which constantly pop up at major retailers and still available over at Amazon JP below retail.

Edited by Valk-1S

I thought about it, Ozma is probably the rare case, and I would be willing to bet, will be hard to get on the aftermarket.

It's freaking Ozma, the manliest man of men ever to grace Macross. I think Bandai should engineer 29 Armor parts, just for the

Ozma release. He doesn't fly bare Valks damnit!

In my opinion the standard Super Parts are not good enough for Ozma. Bandai should design new one that are much bulkier and that have much more missiles and bigger thrusters. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

here's a fool proof tip for those who are refreshing the page using f5 or page monitor. and people are doing without telling.

go the the nippan yasan page for the ozma 29

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/6609-macross-f-dx-chogokin-yf-29-durandal-valkyrie-ozma-lee-custom.html

under the price and not avail button, click on "notify me when avail and use an address that you can get instant notification on your phone.

that's it. NY notifies you instantly unlike amiami or hobbysearch over e-mail. that's how everyone here is posting when it's back up.

yes, lurkers you can do it too! i just sign in and whatever e-mail i used for my account i make sure it's forwarded to my phone. as soon as it come back in stock my phone alerts me and boom never miss a pre-order again.

everyone set up an email like gmail if you have an iphone and download the gmail app. make sure to either use that gmail address or forward your e-mail to gmail and the gmail app on your phone will instantly notify you.

Edited by davidwhangchoi