Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Oh MPP-10B is out? I might get that to go along with my MPP-10. I feel so strange because I tend to value these KOs more in my collection than the original MP-10...

My only gripe about the MPP-10B is that his gun reminds me of those toy water guns I used to play with as a kid.

He comes with both the black one and the clear red one :) i dont know why but i prefer the clear red one

so what's the difference between MPP10 and actual MP10?

It is oversized and has more diecast. Id say the quality is even better than Takara's own MP-10. Also for me the biggest selling point was the scale in alt mode. As a truck MP-10 just seems so undersized when paired with other autobots.

Here is MPP-10 next to your standard issue 1/60 VF-1

7BFDA04E-26A2-460C-A89A-B9D1FA8EB010.jpg

And here he is with other MP cars in alt mode. Trailer is available but sold separately.

2F1C922C-1D35-4E74-9B85-7B2ACAD1A22F.jpg

6AEDE8F9-C403-43C6-A9B0-87FAAAB7875C.jpg

10DDFA44-148F-48A5-990A-EEBAB0EAD56B.jpg

Meh, I had a bad experience with my MPP-10 for the whole two days I had him. Not only did the box and its contents absolutely wreak of paint, his left leg was still wet with paint! The plastic tray inside the box that he sat in had blue smeared all over it where his leg sat, plus when I simply touched his leg I left a finger print. He was also missing his left thumb, his gun was put together/molded improperly, it couldn't fold up and therefor it couldn't store in his back. Also, the little flaps that finish off the front of the truck mode, the ones that sit behind his back and around the opening compartment for the gun storage, simply were not attached and just popped off. Others mileage may vary, I had heard so many good things about the quality, but I didn't see any of that at all, just remember people, these are still KOs. The first and last KO I will ever buy too, I wasn't impressed in the slightest, gave it to my nephew. I heard the EVA version is coming next, and then that ugly green BAPE or GRAPE version or whatever, I'm staying away. The alt mode does scale better, but that obviously means the bot mode is WAY too big and completely off, I'll stick with MP-10, Takara from the beginning said they are focusing on bot mode scale, I'm a stickler for that more then alt mode scale. The extra die-cast was nice I guess, it certainly had heft, but I've never been a believer that more die-cast means better quality.

Meh, I had a bad experience with my MPP-10 for the whole two days I had him. Not only did the box and its contents absolutely wreak of paint, his left leg was still wet with paint! The plastic tray inside the box that he sat in had blue smeared all over it where his leg sat, plus when I simply touched his leg I left a finger print. He was also missing his left thumb, his gun was put together/molded improperly, it couldn't fold up and therefor it couldn't store in his back. Also, the little flaps that finish off the front of the truck mode, the ones that sit behind his back and around the opening compartment for the gun storage, simply were not attached and just popped off. Others mileage may vary, I had heard so many good things about the quality, but I didn't see any of that at all, just remember people, these are still KOs. The first and last KO I will ever buy too, I wasn't impressed in the slightest, gave it to my nephew. I heard the EVA version is coming next, and then that ugly green BAPE or GRAPE version or whatever, I'm staying away. The alt mode does scale better, but that obviously means the bot mode is WAY too big and completely off, I'll stick with MP-10, Takara from the beginning said they are focusing on bot mode scale, I'm a stickler for that more then alt mode scale. The extra die-cast was nice I guess, it certainly had heft, but I've never been a believer that more die-cast means better quality.

MPP10 is definitely in its own class in terms of scale and it is a KO but it is impressive. This is one of the few times I've heard of QC issues for this figure but I have seen a few and they have all been solid. It also just depends on what you want in your collection. Like I've seen that quite a few people on here do not like the Yamato 1/48 Valks but I find them to be stellar toys with stature. The KO issue is a whole other bag of worms.

It is oversized and has more diecast. Id say the quality is even better than Takara's own MP-10. Also for me the biggest selling point was the scale in alt mode. As a truck MP-10 just seems so undersized when paired with other autobots.

And here he is with other MP cars in alt mode. Trailer is available but sold separately.

I can say that I do like the size of this MPP10 in truck mode compared to the others based on the photos. But how big he is in robot mode compared to the other? I assumed around waist area with Sideswipe or Hot Rod for that matter? TIA!

My NECA Aliens drop ship finally arrived. Can't say im overly impressed by it.. but it looks ok I guess. :mellow: The little APC is very cute though! ^_^

Being mostly die-cast it has some weight to it and will make a nice little desk ornament / paperweight..

post-21335-0-32057300-1462585367_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

Short question...

How much would you Pay for an Factory sealed VF-1D ?

This is just an Photo i found in the net, but exactly this one.

I could buy one for 100$

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

that's a version 1 toy so $100 would wanna be the absolutely very most (including shipping) that you'd want to pay..

Edited by spanner

that's a version 1 toy so $100 would wanna be the absolutely very most (including shipping) that you'd want to pay..

Thanks for the fast answer.

It includes everything, so it's the end Price and all i have to Pay.

Hmm, but i am really not sure if i should cop or drop :)

Hey guys,

Short question...

How much would you Pay for an Factory sealed VF-1D ?

This is just an Photo i found in the net, but exactly this one.

I could buy one for 100$

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

The VF-1D, VT-1 and VE-1 were the best of the V.1 series. If you can get this for a $100,00, call it a win! B))

Thanks for the fast answer.

It includes everything, so it's the end Price and all i have to Pay.

Hmm, but i am really not sure if i should cop or drop :)

not sure if you've done any research on these earlier version toys as they really aren't anywhere near the quality, sophistication and accuracy of the v2+ toys. But if you have and you're happy with what they are then by all means go for it!

Besides to get your hands on a v2 VF-1D these days you'll be looking at least 3 - 4 + more times the cost for one.

The VF-1D, VT-1 and VE-1 were the best of the V.1 series. If you can get this for a $100,00, call it a win! B))

what he said..

not sure if you've done any research on these earlier version toys as they really aren't anywhere near the quality, sophistication and accuracy of the v2+ toys. But if you have and you're happy with what they are then by all means go for it!

Yes, i am aware of that :)

But i think, First versions, Collection wise, maybe not that Bad. If the Price is right. And of course the fact it was never opened.

Besides to get your hands on a v2 VF-1D these days you'll be looking at least 3 - 4 + more times the cost for one.

S..., i missed one 2 weeks ago for 200 Bucks incl. Shipping from France :(

what he said..

😃👍 i think about it

It finally arrived! I got a set of 25F super armour from Mandarake, described as "damaged box"

The box is practically perfect and the inner tray was sealed. That completes the final piece in the jigsaw puzzle of Frontier Skull squadron.

post-30426-0-49889200-1462663844_thumb.jpg

post-30426-0-78942300-1462663891_thumb.jpg

DX9 Chigurh arrived today. Pretty fun bot.

TZ2YmGhh.jpg

I like the DX9 boxes for these guys, too.

tMr6bUeh.jpg

Cool. I'm thinking about getting this version Astrotrain, Galvatron, and then their Blitzwing.

It finally arrived! I got a set of 25F super armour from Mandarake, described as "damaged box"

The box is practically perfect and the inner tray was sealed. That completes the final piece in the jigsaw puzzle of Frontier Skull squadron.

attachicon.gif20160508_001441.jpg

attachicon.gif20160508_001454.jpg

good job mate! your skull collection looks great! B))

and to everyone else.. nice purchases too! ^_^

Nice pictures, Optimus become a real big brother back!

Hi Guys,

Just a noob question, for v1 Yamato, other than the legs, can the shoulder parts/head arms (upper body) be used as spare parts for v2?

Hi Guys,

Just a noob question, for v1 Yamato, other than the legs, can the shoulder parts/head arms (upper body) be used as spare parts for v2?

No. They are very different designs. The way the Yamato V1 toys transform is very different than the way the v2 does it. Not to mention the arms are completely different, and IIRC (been a while since I've handled my V1 on account of it being broken) the ball joints in the shoulders are different sizes, and it's just all together a different toy.

edit: this sort of question belongs in the noobie question thread.

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

I have to admit, that KO version is mighty impressive for a TF toy! impressive enough to consider buying one?? hmmm.. that im not so sure of though..

Size comparison. KO on left

bmadhQY.jpg

I have to admit, that KO version is mighty impressive for a TF toy! impressive enough to consider buying one?? hmmm.. that im not so sure of though..

damn anubis, it looks awesome im really considering get one now,why you do this to me? XD

damn anubis, it looks awesome im really considering get one now,why you do this to me? XD

i know eh! :rolleyes: although it might look good next to my (incoming) Cloud 9 Quakeblast! B)) but for friggs sake im not starting up a new line of figures.. <_<

Its the best KO on the planet :lol: If you plan to display it by itself or in alt mode it looks fine. I dont have a centralized masterpiece shrine so that scale didnt bug me as far as robot mode. My MPs i usually keep them boxed, Transform them, and display them for a day or two and then throw them back in the box. But i must always have an Optimus on display since he is iconic.

i know eh! :rolleyes: although it might look good next to my (incoming) Cloud 9 Quakeblast! B)) but for friggs sake im not starting up a new line of figures.. <_<

This is is just one KO, its a one figure line :)

This is the first time I saw MPP-10 is in this thread. Had to order one.

My job here is done B))

Edited by anubis20