Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

what is the guy do, is he a good guy, bad guy? hockey player mercenary? where is that character from?

Hey David. Sorry for the late reply. To be honest, I just like the design without researching about the figure or story at first. :lol: And from what I've just seen online, they're just based on Machine56's designs and also sell some apparels like the 1:1 Bonehead helmet as Saburo mentioned earlier. And I think they're just released in limited amount of numbers. It's kinda a break away from Hot Toys and all those other expensive figures. Though the accessories are kinda limited, but the figure itself and the clothes are somehow superior looking than Medicom RAH. ^_^

Btw, I found this synopsis posted on toysrevil site. And it featured the out of stock Lime Bones figure. (Wish they would re-release soon since it's cool looking.)

"Everyone knew everyone in the future -- not in the real world, but on the internet. The Cognitive, a virtual reality helmet designed by the Vertex Corp., offered the full virtual living experience. Nicknamed the Bonehead by the internet, it was the final world in the wearable tech war. Plugging in with a Bonehead mean you'd never have to leave the internet ever again. And everyone could live happily ever after.

But then... the jailbreak version of Boneheads started showing up.

A reconfiguration in the system allowed people to spy on other Bonehead users. You could even take over delivery drones and took it for a joyride. You could stop a Smartcar just by looking at it. The Bonehead could only hack and control Vertex Corp's tech or items. The problem was Vertex owned everything. If you wanted to, you could find all the codes for the city's power grid and messed the whole thing up. The potential for chaos was limitless.

Who will stop them? Who could stop them?"

Not sure if it's the actual storyline for this figure or someone just came up with that concept. ;)

The helmets are really sweet, I like them too. I am not sure if you know but they do sell 1:1 scale helmets, they are listed as wearable art and are quite pricey especially if you want a custom colored one.

Yeah, I like those helmets too. :wub: But it's too expensive and to be honest, there's no use for me for the actual ones. So the 1/6th scale is the next alternative. Hehehe. :lol:

We're visiting family in Japan. I saw this in a used toy shop.

attachicon.gifWoot woot.jpg

Loose Alto YF-29 with Super Packs - 19800 Yen

Loose RVF-25 with Super packs and Ghost - 14800 yen

Loose Isamu YF-29 with Super Packs - 14800 yen

Wife just bought all three for my Birthday.

Congrats! Cool wife too. ;)

SRC Getter 1 came in. Nice little figure. Always regretted selling the SOC version

*snip*

Geeeettttaaaa!!!! ;)

I don't have the Titan (yet). But here's the shot of the Makuros with the Diabolus Rex.

*snip*

Pardon the crappy pic.

Thanks for the pic, ArchieNov. That's a good size. ;) Love to get one but I don't want to branch out to other stuff. :unsure:

Yup, that's it. I guess it will take a version 4.0 to fix that issue.

Ssshh... Spanner might see this. :ph34r:

latest arrival thanks to MW member Falcon for this minty fresh sealed VF-171 CF! B))

its sooo nice to have a fresh example which isn't such a floppy mess and relatively manhandleable! :p

*snip*

new guy is on the right also looking pretty bad ass! :D

Congrats Spanner! And congrats that it's not a floppy mess right outside from the box. ;)

You forgot to flip the chest covers down. :o

He's just being careful Lolicon. ;) Because with that one flip, it might collapse the whole figure down. Hehehe. :lol: Just kidding Spanner. ^_^

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey David. Sorry for the late reply. To be honest, I just like the design without researching about the figure or story at first. :lol: And from what I've just seen online, they're just based on Machine56's designs and also sell some apparels like the 1:1 Bonehead helmet as Saburo mentioned earlier. And I think they're just released in limited amount of numbers. It's kinda a break away from Hot Toys and all those other expensive figures. Though the accessories are kinda limited, but the figure itself and the clothes are somehow superior looking than Medicom RAH. ^_^

thanks for the info :)

Nice addition and also nice coffee cup haha!

hehe! yeah I got the cup as an early 40th birthday present! :lol: also got the matching t-shirt.. :rolleyes: like I need reminding that im getting old.. <_<

You forgot to flip the chest covers down. :o

armature display sloppiness.. :p fixed! :D

20160517_061418.jpg

Congrats Spanner! And congrats that it's not a floppy mess right outside from the box. ;)

thanks bro! ^_^

It certainly took a while to arrive (from China via slow ass post) but this came today! Now before anyone gets too excited or confused, I have definitely NOT converted, I won't be starting a Transformers collection, nor will I be selling of any of my Valkyries! :p

But DANG! this thing is friggin AWESOME!!! its HUGE!!! and an absolute pleasure to handle and pose! Its also built really well and has a lot of nice surface details! All I can say is im extremely impressed with it! Especially compared to my cousins Takara MP-10 Prime

which clearly this thing absolutely kills it and for at least a third the money! Its just so much fun to play with! My only minor gripe really are the hands which don't have enough articulation. I know you can get aftermarket hands with better articulation for the MP-10 but here's hoping someone makes them for the MPP-10 at some stage.. But other than that this is such a great toy! B))

20160517_222427.jpg

20160517_222410.jpg

20160517_222611.jpg

20160517_222324.jpg

20160517_222744.jpg

20160517_185202.jpg

I do also have a Cloud9 Quakeblast incoming which is a gift from my cousin for my 40th birthday! ^_^ which I think I have mentioned already.. -_-

Now before anyone gets too excited or confused, I have definitely NOT converted, I won't be starting a Transformers collection, nor will I be selling of any of my Valkyries! :p

you know you are lying to yourself spanner! you gonna pokemon (gonna catch them all) on all the transformers now XD

SRC Getter 1 came in. Nice little figure. Always regretted selling the SOC version

SWEET! :wub:

latest arrival thanks to MW member Falcon for this minty fresh sealed VF-171 CF! B))

its sooo nice to have a fresh example which isn't such a floppy mess and relatively manhandleable! :p

new guy is on the right also looking pretty bad ass! :D

Nice! I still can't convince myself to buy a 171. :unsure:

Surprised to receive this today. I'm lovin' it! Now I need to save more for these. :wub: Thanks Yeti! ;)

Cool, the stands look great!

It certainly took a while to arrive (from China via slow ass post) but this came today! Now before anyone gets too excited or confused, I have definitely NOT converted, I won't be starting a Transformers collection, nor will I be selling of any of my Valkyries! :p

But DANG! this thing is friggin AWESOME!!! its HUGE!!! and an absolute pleasure to handle and pose! Its also built really well and has a lot of nice surface details! All I can say is im extremely impressed with it! Especially compared to my cousins Takara MP-10 Prime

which clearly this thing absolutely kills it and for at least a third the money! Its just so much fun to play with! My only minor gripe really are the hands which don't have enough articulation. I know you can get aftermarket hands with better articulation for the MP-10 but here's hoping someone makes them for the MPP-10 at some stage.. But other than that this is such a great toy! B))

I do also have a Cloud9 Quakeblast incoming which is a gift from my cousin for my 40th birthday! ^_^ which I think I have mentioned already.. -_-

Haha... buying one is where it all starts... ;) Are you going to get the trailer for the MPP-10?

Edited by Saburo

Congrats on being a new owner of the MPP-10! Hard to believe it's a KO right? And even harder to fathom that it surpasses the original in every way, in size, engineering and quality, and at less than half the price. It honestly feels more like an upgrade rather than a cheap copy which KOs are associated with. Sometimes when I look at my TF Masterpiece collection and if I was only going to keep one, I feel like I'd rather sell them all and just keep MPP-10.

20160517_222324.jpg

dang, that's impressive leg articulation... pretty sure my MP-01 can't get anywhere near that but I haven't played with it in ages! That thing is really impressive and goes to show what sort of avalanche the MP-01 started. Good times to be a Gen 1 fan! It's PRIME TIME!

20160517_222324.jpg

Congrats Spanner! ;) Don't worry... I believe you. ^_^

you know you are lying to yourself spanner! you gonna pokemon (gonna catch them all) on all the transformers now XD

He knows that for sure, Mr Bomber. Look at the last part of his message. ;) Even if it's just an upcoming 'gift' as what he says... it's more like, read between the lines guys -- I'm also gonna conquer Transformers! :lol: Admit it now, Spanner, you're also targeting for a VF-1 Jetfire figure. :ph34r:

Haha... buying one is where it all starts... ;) Are you going to get the trailer for the MPP-10?

Yeah, Spanner's going to get a trailer too for sure, Saburo. Prime is not complete without the Trailer and Rover. Hehehe. :lol:

With all your mad skills for photography, you should get the 171-CF so that you can redeem it's imperfections thru pictures. ^_^

I have had a peak at the FansToys Dinobots and they do look very cool! And the Ocular Max Jaguar (aka Ravage) which also looks pretty bad ass! but I seriously need put the brakes on things! -_- oh dear.. the snow ball has already started rolling hasn't it! :rolleyes: and its already growing in size!

I had the very same feeling towards the 171 for quite some time also but after I got my first one from Scream Man the appeal very quickly began to grow and now I am actually very fond of them! At least give one a try and see how you feel.

You can always off load it if necessary. Hey how's this then.. if you buy a 171-CF and find you still don't like it then I will buy it off you. So you already have a funds recovery back up plan! But I'll only buy the CF.. wouldn't mind a third in my collection!

Im not so sure about the trailer as im pretty sure (at this stage anyways) that I will be keeping my MPP-10 in robot mode. Truck mode looks ok I guess but not as good as I was hoping. But of course we'll see what happens and how I feel..

Congrats on being a new owner of the MPP-10! Hard to believe it's a KO right? And even harder to fathom that it surpasses the original in every way, in size, engineering and quality, and at less than half the price. It honestly feels more like an upgrade rather than a cheap copy which KOs are associated with. Sometimes when I look at my TF Masterpiece collection and if I was only going to keep one, I feel like I'd rather sell them all and just keep MPP-10.

I know eh! for a knock off it certainly does put the original itss based on to shame! If I was someone important at Takara and I saw the MPP-10 then I'd sure as hell want answers as to why some cheaper copy was far superior and heads would roll that's for sure!

When I had a closer look at my cousins Takara toy it put simply felt like the cheaper inferior toy. Kinda gets you wondering how a "private company" was able to produce such a quality product over the "big boys" eh! do I smell a conspiracy!?

dang, that's impressive leg articulation... pretty sure my MP-01 can't get anywhere near that but I haven't played with it in ages! That thing is really impressive and goes to show what sort of avalanche the MP-01 started. Good times to be a Gen 1 fan! It's PRIME TIME!

Absolutely! its articulation is extremely impressive! and for such a blocky toy in places, it even puts some of the more advanced Valkyrie toys to shame! or at least a good run for their money..

He knows that for sure, Mr Bomber. Look at the last part of his message. ;) Even if it's just an upcoming 'gift' as what he says... it's more like, read between the lines guys -- I'm also gonna conquer Transformers! :lol: Admit it now, Spanner, you're also targeting for a VF-1 Jetfire figure. :ph34r:

Yeah, Spanner's going to get a trailer too for sure, Saburo. Prime is not complete without the Trailer and Rover. Hehehe. :lol:

With all your mad skills for photography, you should get the 171-CF so that you can redeem it's imperfections thru pictures. ^_^

hehe! thanks Noel! I knew you had my back!

but yeah still on the fence about the trailer.. Prime looks awesome in robot mode (is there an actual Transformers specific name for robot mode??) compared to vehicle mode so if I have no plans of transforming him then I don't see the need for the trailer..

And yes Saburo definitely needs to have a go at photographing a 171! I gave him an "exit" strategy option if he ends up not liking the 171 too!

I don't find the articulation of MP-10 that impressive. MP-01 had at least double jointed knees. MP-10 has neither double jointed knees nor double jointed elbows. No ab crunch, shoulder articulation is limited, same goes for the thigh swivel. Don't get me wrong MP-10 is probably one of the best Masterpiece Transformers Takara has ever done but articulation is none if his strong points. I'm still sad every time Takara releases a Masterpiece that doesn't follow the mission the revamp of the Masterpiece line set out to fulfill.

the MPP-10 (KO) would've benefited greatly from both double jointed knee's and elbows or at very least the elbows for more interesting arm and gun holding poses, but its still is very good nonetheless. I just wish the fingers were a little more articulated..

I was up early this morning so I had a play around with it! such a fun toy! B))

-_- oh dear.. the snow ball has already started rolling hasn't it! :rolleyes:

And you know you need at least 2 of each, one in robot mode and the other on vehicle. If not done so you are not a true collector ! XD

Guest davidwhangchoi

Some new acquisitions! Been wanting a VF-27 for a while now, happy to have it! B))

Oooooo very nice :)

Some new acquisitions! Been wanting a VF-27 for a while now, happy to have it! B))

The v1.5 VF-27 are a great piece! Even if they aren't quite up to v2 VF-25 standards.. I've been considering getting another Grace variant to have displayed as a cannon fodder fighter.

And you know you need at least 2 of each, one in robot mode and the other on vehicle. If not done so you are not a true collector ! XD

Multiples!?!? Not sure I can manage or am keen on that idea especially on a line I don't have plans to steadily collect.. Though I wouldn't mind another MPP-10 to keep boxed up for keeps!

I need to stop looking at stuff cos the Ocular Max Sphinx does look pretty sweet! Gahhh!! must.stop.this.craziness! =O

We're visiting family in Japan. I saw this in a used toy shop.

attachicon.gifWoot woot.jpg

Loose Alto YF-29 with Super Packs - 19800 Yen

Loose RVF-25 with Super packs and Ghost - 14800 yen

Loose Isamu YF-29 with Super Packs - 14800 yen

Wife just bought all three for my Birthday.

You have an awesome wife!

I don't have the Titan (yet). But here's the shot of the Makuros with the Diabolus Rex.

Pardon the crappy pic.

What do you think of Diablous? Is it an improvement in quality over Makuros?

Too bad my photography wont fix broken triangles and joints on the CF. :wacko::lol:

SRC Black Getter came in today, i think this is the last of the SRC's i had coming in.

Oh man that black getter is so nice, the paint finish looks awesome!

Congrats! It may not be on par with the renewals, but the VF-27 is my favorite! :D

I have had a peak at the FansToys Dinobots and they do look very cool! And the Ocular Max Jaguar (aka Ravage) which also looks pretty bad ass! but I seriously need put the brakes on things! -_- oh dear.. the snow ball has already started rolling hasn't it! :rolleyes: and its already growing in size!

I had the very same feeling towards the 171 for quite some time also but after I got my first one from Scream Man the appeal very quickly began to grow and now I am actually very fond of them! At least give one a try and see how you feel.

You can always off load it if necessary. Hey how's this then.. if you buy a 171-CF and find you still don't like it then I will buy it off you. So you already have a funds recovery back up plan! But I'll only buy the CF.. wouldn't mind a third in my collection!

Im not so sure about the trailer as im pretty sure (at this stage anyways) that I will be keeping my MPP-10 in robot mode. Truck mode looks ok I guess but not as good as I was hoping. But of course we'll see what happens and how I feel..

I know eh! for a knock off it certainly does put the original itss based on to shame! If I was someone important at Takara and I saw the MPP-10 then I'd sure as hell want answers as to why some cheaper copy was far superior and heads would roll that's for sure!

When I had a closer look at my cousins Takara toy it put simply felt like the cheaper inferior toy. Kinda gets you wondering how a "private company" was able to produce such a quality product over the "big boys" eh! do I smell a conspiracy!?

Absolutely! its articulation is extremely impressive! and for such a blocky toy in places, it even puts some of the more advanced Valkyrie toys to shame! or at least a good run for their money..

hehe! thanks Noel! I knew you had my back!

but yeah still on the fence about the trailer.. Prime looks awesome in robot mode (is there an actual Transformers specific name for robot mode??) compared to vehicle mode so if I have no plans of transforming him then I don't see the need for the trailer..

And yes Saburo definitely needs to have a go at photographing a 171! I gave him an "exit" strategy option if he ends up not liking the 171 too!

Thank you for the offer but I have sworn off getting any of the 171s, although maybe I can borrow a 171 and take photos of it, there is a thought...

Did someone say FP Dinobots and Ocular Max Jaguar!? ;):ph34r:

26277732864_6583b1c799_b.jpg

26815931271_17a6e53d20_b.jpg

15415836655_25db38d698_b.jpg

15415837235_03063a1c5f_b.jpg

15415837645_87dfdca032_b.jpg

17359347872_e8338258e1_b.jpg

16741002783_e7f029dbd1_b.jpg

17359349392_9d8e61c875_b.jpg

17284108391_d1d1f8f3c0_b.jpg

17142541187_8deb7d672f_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Thanks guys! Everytime I would see the VF-27 with super parts I'd get that itchy trigger-finger to get one, so I finally went for it. Think I'll save up some $$$ for a Grace VF-27 as well. B))

If anything really did surprise me though is the size of the 1/48 VF-1 kit boxes, they are massive... but awesome! :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thank you for the offer but I have sworn off getting any of the 171s, although maybe I can borrow a 171 and take photos of it, there is a thought...

damn, saw them last time saburo, and trying to avoid them so i don't buy them.... those pictures make you want to throw your live savings away :)

26815931271_17a6e53d20_b.jpg

Those Dinobots are some seriously sweet bits of kit but that Ravage gives me butterflies! ♡♡♡

Gorgeous photos Saburo!

damn, saw them last time saburo, and trying to avoid them so i don't buy them.... those pictures make you want to throw your live savings away :)

Sorry dwc! They are great figures I recommend them. :D

Those Dinobots are some seriously sweet bits of kit but that Ravage gives me butterflies! ♡♡♡

Gorgeous photos Saburo!

Thanks spanner! I have Severo aka Grimlock on PO hopefully I'll be getting him soon so he can join the rest of the Dinobots. :D

Great pics Saburo! Surprised you still have cassette tapes around. Your custom radio mixes I presume? lol. My kids laughed when I told them I used to record the radio songs to make my own tape.

What do you think of Diablous? Is it an improvement in quality over Makuros?

The Makuros was already pretty good in terms of quality, but the Diabolus just blows it out of the water. Crisp tampo, great paint apps, tight joints, ratchets where appropriate, ingenious engineering in the eyebrows/jaw, lots of customization/play options in terms of gun layout, LOTS of diecast (this thing is HEAVY. It probably has one of the highest weight to size ratios I have experienced on a toy), a light up gimmick, and overall a really pleasing mold design with loads of surface mechanical detail. Plus it comes with a chibi Megatron.

It's so good I'm considering getting another.

Thanks spanner! I have Severo aka Grimlock on PO hopefully I'll be getting him soon so he can join the rest of the Dinobots. :D

that Grimlock is the last one in the set of five yes? My cousin has three of the Dinobots and just bought a Swoop so im gonna go see them again when I get back from Europe.

Great pics Saburo! Surprised you still have cassette tapes around. Your custom radio mixes I presume? lol. My kids laughed when I told them I used to record the radio songs to make my own tape.

Thanks wmkjr! I actually ran out and bought tapes to do that shoot. Toydojo loaned me Jaguar aka Ravage to shoot pics, I wanted to to something different so I came up with the idea of the tapes. Now I have 5 blank tapes and can't do a thing with them. hahaha. I'll save them for the later shoots. I used sit at the radio waiting for a song to come on and record it (hoping the DJ didn't talk during the song or else you'd have to wait around again). Man, its so easy to get music nowadays.

Make me wonder if the some of the people who viewed the Jaguar/Ravage pics were "What are those things?"

The Makuros was already pretty good in terms of quality, but the Diabolus just blows it out of the water. Crisp tampo, great paint apps, tight joints, ratchets where appropriate, ingenious engineering in the eyebrows/jaw, lots of customization/play options in terms of gun layout, LOTS of diecast (this thing is HEAVY. It probably has one of the highest weight to size ratios I have experienced on a toy), a light up gimmick, and overall a really pleasing mold design with loads of surface mechanical detail. Plus it comes with a chibi Megatron.

It's so good I'm considering getting another.

Nice! I was impressed with the Makuros quality, good to know that the Diablolus is better and even better with diecast parts.

that Grimlock is the last one in the set of five yes? My cousin has three of the Dinobots and just bought a Swoop so im gonna go see them again when I get back from Europe.

Hmmm... Not sure which Dinobots your cousin has (there a bunch of 3P companies releasing them) but as for Fansproject Dinobots Grimlock is next and he is the 4th figure in the series, Snarl will be the last one to complete the G1 dinos. FP is working 2 female dinobots aka the twins and I do believe Paddles too.