Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

that's a huge prime right there.

indeed he is! :D

Wow Spanner, I've never seen that VF-1j before :blink:

that is one of the Yamato build kits (no painting ver. :rolleyes:) with a head unit from "Macross The First" version of the VF-1J designed by MWF member Kurisama and made by Shapeways. MWF member Lancelot did the build for me! Turned out pretty bloody good eh! B))

Look what showed up from Mandarake today:

post-18307-0-47561300-1463594196_thumb.jpg

Waiting for one at a good price a whole while. It is such a nice toy. Much better build quality than todays Transformers toys. He has limited articulation range and a stupid auto transform gimmick but he looks stunning. The gun metal gray paint and metallic highlights on him are gorgeous. His weapons are a bit lacking but make a nice alt-mode.

I'm now one Animated Cliffjumper away from complete my Animated collection. Maybe I will switch Skywarp with Animated Skywarp when I find him.

Now onward to my next black and teal Prime/Convoy repaint (and RID Scourge).

Edited by Scyla

TF Animated toys were the ones that restored my faith in transformers toys. Prior to them, I always saw TF toys as having poor screen accuracy and lackluster engineering.

Too bad I sold off my entire TF Animated collection a few years ago in order to free up space.

Awesome purchases everyone! ;)

Thank you for the offer but I have sworn off getting any of the 171s, although maybe I can borrow a 171 and take photos of it, there is a thought...

Did someone say FP Dinobots and Ocular Max Jaguar!? ;):ph34r:

26815931271_17a6e53d20_b.jpg

Ravage was one of my first Pre-Transformers transforming toy. Alongside pre-Thundercracker. ;)

Great pics btw, Saburo! :wub:

Awesome purchases everyone! ;)

Ravage was one of my first Pre-Transformers transforming toy. Alongside pre-Thundercracker. ;)

Great pics btw, Saburo! :wub:

Thanks no3ljm!

Yeah Saburo great pics. I'm trying to light things well, but I think I need a better camera than just my phone's.

Thank you vlenhoff, what type of lighting are you using, a dedicated camera does help but I have seen some great photos out there taken by a camera phone too.

Saburo, I am using 3 lights. 2 of them diffused and the other i bounce off a piece of colored or white paper.

20160518_053331.jpg

regults%20test.jpg

Are you cropping those images, or is the background perfectly black?

Edited by vlenhoff

Yahoo! Finally got my Master Made Titan (Metroplex). Had to import it from the US (which ended up being a really expensive mistake), but I'm still happy to have it in my collection.

mMRvBl9.jpg

Love to get those two as well. :wub: But in the end, I really don't want to start another toy line. :unsure: And I'm also running out of space. Hehehe. :lol: Also, would it be nice if Metroplex comes with Optimus Prime instead of Ultra Magnus? I mean, Rex came with Megatron though. :rolleyes:

Saburo, I am using 3 lights. 2 of them diffused and the other i bounce off a piece of colored or white paper.

regults%20test.jpg

Nice shot! Loving the mood here. ;)

Hmmm... Not sure which Dinobots your cousin has (there a bunch of 3P companies releasing them) but as for Fansproject Dinobots Grimlock is next and he is the 4th figure in the series, Snarl will be the last one to complete the G1 dinos. FP is working 2 female dinobots aka the twins and I do believe Paddles too.

oops must of missed this somehow..

I think he has pretty much everything there is to be had when it comes to TF's but the one's I was referring to were the Fans Toys Dino's! Which clearly look the most impressive out of the lot in my opinion! He mentioned that Grimlock was the final FT Dino coming later this year.

But I wasn't aware of Fansproject Dinobots toys.. And female Dinobots eh!? im sure that will be interesting! Hope they do a better job on those than Macross did with Mylene's VF-11 MaxL.. :rolleyes:boobs.. shakes head..

And yes there seem to be many 3rd party companies making stuff which makes it a little difficult to keep up with who's doing what! Especially for someone like me who hasn't had a Bee's dicks worth of interest in these things until now. -_-

And yes there seem to be many 3rd party companies making stuff which makes it a little difficult to keep up with who's doing what! Especially for someone like me who hasn't had a Bee's dicks worth of interest in these things until now. -_-

There you have it folks. Spanner is transitioning. :lol:

Love to get those two as well. :wub: But in the end, I really don't want to start another toy line. :unsure: And I'm also running out of space. Hehehe. :lol: Also, would it be nice if Metroplex comes with Optimus Prime instead of Ultra Magnus? I mean, Rex came with Megatron though. :rolleyes:

Optimus will be coming with Omega Supreme next month

Wait. What?! There's Omega Supreme too? Man, now I have to think if I'm going to get those two now. Hehehe. :lol:

Yup. Here's a link to some prototype pics:

27544441d1443712599-master-made-apollo-s

27544443d1443712599-master-made-apollo-s

27543245d1443208436-master-made-apollo-s

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/1044143-master-made-apollo-sdt-03-omega-supreme.html

You know... after taking a closer look at the base mode pic, I noticed that this Omega Supreme will come with normal robot hands too. I can see the articulated fingers and fists on each side of the rocket. I guess you can leave off the claw and cannon if ever you want to go for a non-traditional look (which is a GREAT option IMO).

Edited by ArchieNov

The Master Made bots are worth it, Noel, and they don't take up too much space. I have Makuros and Titan (Metroplex), myself, with Diabolus (Trypticon) on the way. Apollo (Omega) was pre-ordered some time back. Their take on Scroponok looks sweet too. For me, it's a great way to collect the transforming city bots without setting aside a whole wall for the display. ^_^

One thing I keep hoping to see is for Master Made to revisit other Macross designs. An SD Macross Quarter or an SD Macross 7 would be an insta-buy for me, especially if they came with more scaled-down SD Valkyries to go with them.

Edited by technoblue

Nice! That is a creative use of light by bouncing it off a color piece of paper. I do some cropping for photo composition, the background I use is a black cloth/fabric it cuts down on the amount of light that is reflected.

Thanks No3jim, i am trying.

Saburo, those are some great shots, I am amazed. You have the eye and the skill for it, I love your work.

Ok i played with my light sources, and here is the progress...I noticed i had the lights on in my room and these were being captured by the camera. I had to have total darkness to get the effect i desired. I think this is as much as I can do with my own phone camera. My digital camera broke some months ago, and this is all i have, lol.

I am not trying to hijack the thread, sorry.

20160521_010031.jpg20160521_020317.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff

Yup. Here's a link to some prototype pics:

27544441d1443712599-master-made-apollo-s

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/1044143-master-made-apollo-sdt-03-omega-supreme.html

You know... after taking a closer look at the base mode pic, I noticed that this Omega Supreme will come with normal robot hands too. I can see the articulated fingers and fists on each side of the rocket. I guess you can leave off the claw and cannon if ever you want to go for a non-traditional look (which is a GREAT option IMO).

Oh man. Those are nice. :wub: I'm contemplating now... :lol:

The Master Made bots are worth it, Noel, and they don't take up too much space. I have Makuros and Titan (Metroplex), myself, with Diabolus (Trypticon) on the way. Apollo (Omega) was pre-ordered some time back. Their take on Scroponok looks sweet too. For me, it's a great way to collect the transforming city bots without setting aside a whole wall for the display. ^_^

One thing I keep hoping to see is for Master Made to revisit other Macross designs. An SD Macross Quarter or an SD Macross 7 would be an insta-buy for me, especially if they came with more scaled-down SD Valkyries to go with them.

I thought there's going to be an SD Destroy Monster by Master Made that was announced long time ago. Any idea what happened to that?

Regarding the Master Made TF toys, I'll think about it. ;)

I envy you. A Gurren Lagann is missing in my collection. What is the current going rate for the Riobot? I guess the Konami High Impact toy is impossible hard to get nowadays.

I envy you. A Gurren Lagann is missing in my collection. What is the current going rate for the Riobot? I guess the Konami High Impact toy is impossible hard to get nowadays.

I got it for ¥10,000 off YAJ, i think i got pretty lucky with that one. Here are some more pics of it. Both of these Riobots are really impressive. The green on EVA 01 is what makes the figure :)

CEC4E2BF-7F2E-4899-9688-4D42B8B93966.jpg

5B06FD62-99DC-4FEA-87C1-F647D4081C6E.jpg

70518E2F-F103-4ED6-9695-0B9B2A7FB175.jpg

AA4048EE-C3D5-496F-ABCE-E1DCD04D0A44.jpg

DBC1BFBA-1A10-4306-8486-D2AF2E900ED0.jpg

My PW from HLJ arrived. Only opened Locke so far and im impressed for it being a PAK. it can actually stand without a stand :)

9CD3B49C-874F-4084-B728-9D1540AD085C.jpg

BEE6020F-4075-44EB-8FAF-194677BB94D9.jpg

188A15DD-6775-48B5-939D-126B54B155BF.jpg

941167D6-D75D-4386-8F49-8812FF43140B.jpg

I have mine on the PW along with the chief. You got me hypee with it, looks real cool.