Jump to content

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.


Gakken85

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Planning to get anymore DX VF-1 on your list @CzarAlko or see how it goes from there? 

I was not planning on getting any more but now that I saw the Roy Fokker one that's coming out I want to get it, hopefully as a pre order for a decent price, I do have a feeling the markup on that figure is going to be through the roof! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/20/2020 at 11:44 AM, Lolicon said:

Got another MB Gundam.

In a world where firearms and beam sabers are plentiful, why is he using a sharpened piece of metal? :unknw:

50026444687_b35d4a0447_o.jpg

If you're genuinely wondering: In Gundam SEED one of the factions distributed machines around the Earth Sphere that disable nuclear reactions, so mobile suits are battery powered. The Astray frames have beam sabers and beam rifles as their main weapons, so the pilot of the Red Frame (who salvaged it, not the intended operator or pilot) wanted a weapon that wouldn't use any of that precious battery life that they could fall back on and only use the more power hungry beam weapons as needed. Also it looks cool, and the Astray mangas pretty much run off of pure Rule of Cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, vladykins said:

That almost tempts me to jump in on collecting these, but I have to focus on keeping space for the other toys you are convincing me to buy.  ;)

 

They're so reasonably priced I couldn't resist!

Space limitations suck.:( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, sqidd said:

They're so reasonably priced I couldn't resist!

Space limitations suck.:( 

That is the only reason I don't buy 99% of the stuff I see in this thread (and the forum in general) that I want. I just don't have the room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Holy damn ! does't it have the same length as the DX 1S? :shok:, I thought it was going to be way smaller  , need to look for one now!.  The detail is great and it looks high quality .  great picture @Saburo :good:

That picture is playing tricks on you. It's a lot smaller.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, vladykins said:

That almost tempts me to jump in on collecting these, but I have to focus on keeping space for the other toys you are convincing me to buy.  ;)

 

 

I love them as you can see by the pics - still waiting on my Mk III to arrive. I'd recommend them to any fan of the series.

 

 

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Vertex said:

 

I love them as you can see by the pics - still waiting on my Mk III to arrive. I'd recommend them to any fan of the series.

 

 

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

Nice!

Is the "bl;aster" that is more visible from the OG series?

Is the gun that you can't see as well from BSG 2004? It looks a little different to me. If I remember correctly they a under slung....what I would call a grenade launcher" if it was on a rifle.

I'd be interested in a BSG 2004 pistol.:good:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Vertex said:

 

I love them as you can see by the pics - still waiting on my Mk III to arrive. I'd recommend them to any fan of the series.

 

 

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

Very nice collection! The MK III Viper is awesome, you'll love it! I'm tempted to get one more plus the Blackbird! 

As for the Season 1 & Season 2-4 pistols, here's one seller that offers them. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlestar-Galactica-Season-2-4-Blaster-Resin-Prop-Replica-Model-Kit/143626809175?hash=item2170d32f57:g:9zwAAOSwLNBesKAd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Very nice collection! The MK III Viper is awesome, you'll love it! I'm tempted to get one more plus the Blackbird! 

As for the Season 1 & Season 2-4 pistols, here's one seller that offers them. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlestar-Galactica-Season-2-4-Blaster-Resin-Prop-Replica-Model-Kit/143626809175?hash=item2170d32f57:g:9zwAAOSwLNBesKAd

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately no paint is a deal breaker for me. This year has been stupid busy an there is no signs of it letting up. I have to mug the clock just to get toys open.:(

I've alreday got 13hrs in today working. Probably 2-3 more to go before my brain melts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Nice!

Is the "bl;aster" that is more visible from the OG series?

Is the gun that you can't see as well from BSG 2004? It looks a little different to me. If I remember correctly they a under slung....what I would call a grenade launcher" if it was on a rifle.

I'd be interested in a BSG 2004 pistol.:good:

 

Yep on both. The more visible one is from original series.  the other one is from the re-imaged series was the standard colonial sidearm that they started using from season 2 till the end of the show (its a FN FiveseveN pistol). The slug/grenade launcher was present where you see a little of the accessory rail under the barrel. You can see a tiny bit of mine in the pic. Its the grey part (just above/next to the pistol) that I need to paint black before mounting it. Eventually I'll get to it - Too many projects, not enough time. :P

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately no paint is a deal breaker for me. This year has been stupid busy an there is no signs of it letting up. I have to mug the clock just to get toys open.:(

I've alreday got 13hrs in today working. Probably 2-3 more to go before my brain melts.

@sqidd If getting one thats painted is a must try here. A lot of the BSG cosplayers buy from this site.

http://www.alchemyarms.com/product_p/bsg-prop-002.htm

 

Edited by Vertex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Vertex said:

 

Yep on both. The more visible one is from original series.  the other one is from the re-imaged series was the standard colonial sidearm that they started using from season 2 till the end of the show (its a FN FiveseveN pistol). The slug/grenade launcher was present where you see a little of the accessory rail under the barrel. You can see a tiny bit of mine in the pic. Its the grey part (just above/next to the pistol) that I need to paint black before mounting it. Eventually I'll get to it - Too many projects, not enough time. :P

 

Ooooooh, I never caught that they used the Fiveseven pistol. I'm ashamed of myself. My firearms identification and gun mis-handling radar are usually top notch.:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, sqidd said:

What is a Cx4??

It's the rifle used by the security forces in the 2004 Battlestar Galactica series.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica_(2004)_-_Season_2#Beretta_CX4_Storm

I've got one, great ergonomics and terrible trigger (until fixed aftermarket).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...