Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

It's the same that happened with the VF-4.

They have an allotted amount for retailer orders, and

General customer orders.

They might amend thier projected orders based on overordering.

Either way it's a good sign if their initial order amount

Has been passed. It means more profit for them.

If it was 10K orders at 28k yen

And they end up selling 15K at the same price, that's a 30-45% increase

In profits, which means new toys for us.

Looking more at the pics of the gunpod, it looks like they got the color of it pretty accurate. I was checking my this is animation books and watching the film, and it looks like it's an even match. Even the back of the gun is colored appropriately.

Guest davidwhangchoi

FYI

For the members in Japan. This one is being exhibited in front of Sofmap Amusement Kan and "撮影可能."

They converted and displaying it in Battroid mode. Mr. K said to noted this is a protoype and different from the real product.

BWCF5VzCUAEST0m.jpg

They converted and displaying it in Battroid mode. Mr. K said to noted this is a protoype and different from the real product.

Obviously, because the real product will be about 15m in height. :rolleyes:

:p

Edited by raptormesh

Guest davidwhangchoi
  1. @Mrk_arcadia ガンポッドの色は製品版ではちゃんとなおりますよね?

2. @bat1911 これがね~、昔のアニメって見るシーンやコマによって色味が違うのね~。んで、YF-12と競っていた時の的当てしてた時って、この試作チックな配色(少し明るすぎですが)だったのよ~。&監修的色味指示でもあるのよね~。どうしようかなぁ…。

someone asked Mr. K about the color of the gunpod. (initially, the translator, for ガンポッド outputted "cancer pod", but another option for ガンポッド is gun pod :) )

Koba@bat1911

Colors of gun pods I'll heal just fine in the full version?

みすたーK@Mrk_arcadia

~ Color is it the difference by frame or scene to see it ~ This is me anime of old.
Nde, me when I was shy when I was competing with YF-12, ~ 's was (but a bit too bright) this color scheme prototype tic.
And the ~ we both supervised manner color instructions.
What I wonder if try to ....

it sounds like Mr. K is saying the colors changes depending on the scene of the original animation

just to give context,

Mr. K tweeted this is the prototype and different from the real product. someone then followed up with the text above asking if the color of the gunpod will be "healed/cured" (sounds like corrected) in the full version.

if someone can give a give a better translation, it will be much appreciated! thanks

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Looking more at the pics of the gunpod, it looks like they got the color of it pretty accurate. I was checking my this is animation books and watching the film, and it looks like it's an even match. Even the back of the gun is colored appropriately.

It looks like they based all of their colors off of the This is Animation books... except for the yellow tips on the Reaction Warheads. I'm not sure why they always favor yellow.

It looks like they based all of their colors off of the This is Animation books... except for the yellow tips on the Reaction Warheads. I'm not sure why they always favor yellow.

Maybe because reaction weaponry is equivalent to nuclear weaponry. The background color of the nuclear hazard symbol is yellow. Thus the tip of the Reaction Missiles is yellow.

Not that they are mistaken for something else. :)

What I meant with my comment earlier was: maybe the designers at Arcadia felt the need to indicate that these are nuclear missiles despite the color in the This is Animation book (where I assume they get the references for this version of the YF-19).

Since this is not the final version the color can still change.

I agree that the red looks more menacing but what can you do...

...besides discussing it on a message board. ^_^

I hate to be the buzzkill, but it might be their just keeping their old Yamato customers happy using their old fold boosters on the new model. Highly doubt your getting a included fold booster.

In order of what's realistic

1st explanation: Arcadia allowing Yamato booster to fit as nice gesture

2nd explanation: Arcadia working on a new fold booster

3rd explanation: Aliens told Mr.K to include it

4th explanation: it's a secrecy included item

There you go.

Mr. K's development diary (with broken conversion so i can't really understand nuances but get the gist of it):

initially he had 4 gimmicks as a proposal for the a new design before they started out. (perhaps these were the 4 most concerns of fans)

■ rectification shutter to be deployed in the rear seat after injection. (canopy open split design for 2 seater)

■ wing of high-speed flight form in the play (anime accurate) image. *Mr. K notes the wings look buried in the legs.

■ prototype weapon that was attached to the right arm.

■ pinpoint barrier effect. Last one sounds accessory set basis or rather (than a) gimmick.

i would love to think that Mr, K's surprise includes the rest of the gimmicks w/ fold booster :wub: that didn't make the yf-19 package.

At least we know Mr. K was thinking of everything we were suggesting in this thread himself early on in development.

How about an

Arm Weapon + Fold Booster + Pinpoint Barrier Effect Parts Set :D

Edited by charger69

According to the tips, I would bet on a VF-0D. And I would love also the VF-0 variants as renewal.

Thing is that the VF-0 molds are extremly detailled and the models are very well proportionned, main issues are the very low plastic quality and the Fighter mode should be thightened.

We need the X9 with a Sharon Apple ridding it ;) !

I am in for the 21 and SV-51 renwals too!

According to the tips, I would bet on a VF-0D. And I would love also the VF-0 variants as renewal.

Thing is that the VF-0 molds are extremly detailled and the models are very well proportionned, main issues are the very low plastic quality and the Fighter mode should be thightened.

We need the X9 with a Sharon Apple ridding it ;) !

I am in for the 21 and SV-51 renwals too!

I've never owned the VF-0, but what I can tell from the pictures is that the mold is poor. It has the same quality like the 1/48 VF-1 from their generation 2 toy line.

Looking forward the next release, either VF-0 or the 21 makes my day.

Can't believe it, gone for the weekend and come to find news of fold booster adapters, possibility of arm weapon attachment, more sexy pics and incoming reveals. Arcadia is like Yamato on steroids!

and yeah, the stand have always sucked but I don't mind much since I have no space. :blink:

Guest davidwhangchoi

Mr, K is off twitter today as he going to work in the warehouse:)

Isamu's helmet looks like it is shaped a little weird. It's shaped more like a predator helmet. Is the helmet actually removable? They only show two figures above, but in the pic below, they show a 2nd Isamu figure without a helmet. If so, that is pretty cool.

i was going to take a stab at commenting on this yesterday but i couldn't, for the life of me, make out the translation so after an hour, i left it alone...

There is a comment about isamu. now i'm 95% percent positive it is the correct subject.

@ Mrk_arcadia Come to think of it, no Met Isamu, I did you lost?

@ K_tako0101 Ugh! ? Umm, is still under review and whether or not ... enter. Although he nice and put .... Smooth'm hard.

The translation roughly:

"Come to think it, the Helmet less のメットなしは "No helmet" Isamu figure is missing."

And i'm pretty sure you can make of Mr. K's response. (they're still reviewing whether or not to include it.) again feel free to improve on this translation. thanks!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

For those of you who want it hopefully it happens. i can't imagine it would cost much more to include a little fig like that. For me personally it doesn't matter, then again I don't care who the pilot is. I make it all up myself (I guess Carl Macek would be proud lol).

I kinda simplified Mr.K's answers.

someone asked Mr. K about the color of the gunpod. (initially, the translator, for ガンポッド outputted "cancer pod", but another option for ガンポッド is gun pod :) )

if someone can give a give a better translation, it will be much appreciated! thanks

About the Gunpot color ; Mr.K: Hmm.. It changes from scene to scene in the Anime. Color was picked from Major scenes and color approval direction. What should I do...

There is a comment about isamu. now i'm 95% percent positive it is the correct subject.
feel free to improve on this translation. thanks!

About the helmetless Isamu: It's still under discusision whether to include it or not. It would be great to include it, but it will hurt (my) salary :)

I'd imagine it would be difficult to see Isamu grinning in a 1/60th scale....

...maybe if you put on some Joker-esque make-up it could work. :lol:

Since the canopy is not tinned as dark as the VF-17 was you might be able to spot him.

After checking the Fighter-Mode pictures again I spotted that the wing root hinges look like straight out of a 3D-printer. Hopefully the final product doesn't include that finish. ;)

hi guys,

May i check how is amiami as compared to hlj? which is better in comparision in terms of customer service, packaging and delivery? And can they declare items with a low value if requested? Thanks for the help as i have always being purchasing from NY and i have no clue on both HLJ and Amiami services

In my experience HLJ has the better customer service for people who order from outside Japan. They have native English speakers in support and are mostly fast and polite.

Amiami was never bad but they have also a huge Japanese webstore so they mostly deal with Japanese customers.

Packaging was o.k. from both stores but nothing too fancy most of the time.

Delivery from amiami is fast. HLJ needs some time to get the items out of their warehouse so depending on how busy HLJ is you have to wait a bit longer. But for me delivery times depend on how long the package sits in customs. So that levels out differences in delivery times a bit.

Since both stores are huge companies (unlike NY) their official policy is to declare the proper value for all deliveries. Depending on where you live this could be considered as tax-fraud so they don't want to deal with that. Smaller companies can fly under the radar.

As I said that are my experiences so your mileage may vary. I'm sure (and know) that other board members had different experiences. I think its safe to assume that you can order from both stores without worrying that your order will not be fulfilled. I think there was one case where HLJ sold an item to another buyer while it was sitting in the warehouse of a different customer but since the YF-19 (yay back on topic) is build to order there should be no reason to worry about that.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I kinda simplified Mr.K's answers.

About the Gunpot color ; Mr.K: Hmm.. It changes from scene to scene in the Anime. Color was picked from Major scenes and color approval direction. What should I do...

About the helmetless Isamu: It's still under discusision whether to include it or not. It would be great to include it, but it will hurt (my) salary :)

thanks kyekye :)