IXTL

my HLJ order says "This order is being processed for shipping" for some days now...

Does HLJ always take that long to ship out items, or is it because of the holidays in japan?

Edited by miro79

Okay, so I got mine and it's missing a part out of the box.

Also, this piece was in the plastic bag the 171 was contained in. I have no idea what it is or where it's from.
post-10222-0-20360700-1367529588_thumb.jpg

The missing piece is the part the slides down to prop the cockpit up. On mine, that piece is missing and you can see the pilot from underneath.

post-10222-0-08403000-1367529589_thumb.jpg

To further illustrate, I've outlined the part on my 171EX.

post-10222-0-20798300-1367530129_thumb.jpg

Grrrr... I hope NY can do something about this.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

wow that sucks macrossjunkie. BTW, that's a great picture showing how the boob plates are thinner than the 171exes. You had to have the boob plates folded out on the 171ex before you put the nose in otherwise they'd block the rails and cause mass headaches lol.

I think that piece belong to the Gerwalk mode thigh joint. You probably got an extra one...

I thought it was that, but when I saw that neither were missing, I figured it fell off from somewhere else. So I have an extra piece that I don't need and a missing piece I do need.

Yeahh! I was asking for some fan pics (and good ones too)

The VF-17 was on the bottom of my list for favorites. Did not like the triangular and boring scheme.

But now, it is an amazing twist. It looks so damn nice with the markings and sleek shape. Can't wait.

Yeahh! I was asking for some fan pics (and good ones too)

The VF-17 was on the bottom of my list for favorites. Did not like the triangular and boring scheme.

But now, it is an amazing twist. It looks so damn nice with the markings and sleek shape. Can't wait.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Chris

Okay, so I got mine and it's missing a part out of the box.

Grrrr... I hope NY can do something about this.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure a shapeways replacement is your only hope there, unless you want to ship the whole thing back to Japan for a replacement. For whatever reason, Bandai doesn't do replacement parts, or at least has refused to up to this point.

Transformation-wise though, I'm not sure that part is necessary. Despite the fact that it's there to hold up the cockpit, it never actually does that anyway, so you may as well just wedge a piece of black plastic in there to fill the gap. :p

Damn MacrossJunkie, sucks you got Bandai'd. I bought 3 of these and had planned to leave them in fighter because I really don't enjoy transforming the VF-171's. I am worried If I don't transform them I may find out I am missing a part too late. When I had to get replacements from Bandai, I had to ship it to a friend in Japan to ship it back to them. The shipping cost was horrible too, but I could not live with the defect that I had on my YF-29.

Man Fed-Ex is taking forever this time around, usually it only takes 2-3 days from Japan. Mine is stuck in Oakland at the moment.

Also, this piece was in the plastic bag the 171 was contained in. I have no idea what it is or where it's from.

attachicon.gifIMG_2803.JPG

I actually know exactly what that piece is. It goes here (green arrow):

8581763668_806916bdf6_b.jpg

It's a small clip that retains the metal swing bars that connect the backpack to the rest of the toy when it's in fighter/gerwalk mode. to get to where it goes you have to unscrew one the metal plate that connects the arm to the underside of the chest:

8581764160_6fac73ef92_b.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Am I the only one really not impressed with this mold? The torso is very hollow from many angles, and the whole neck assembly just sucks IMHO----I thought the VF-27 neck always felt "iffy" and you were never sure if it was transformed right---but the neck on this thing literally floats in mid-air, with a bunch of plates in intermediate positions as far as I can tell.

Is there a definitive neck position? That little plate that flips out from in front of the actual neck---it's supposed to be "not quite level" with the actual neck just lightly resting on top of it, with none of the parts at full extension or pegging or anything? Everything held in place via pure friction of the hinges?

I really thought it sucked until I found the torso lock, but I'm really looking for some sort of neck lock, and hip lock. The main hip bar just seems to constantly shift between two positions, and trying any sort of movement or pose makes it "pivot about the hip bar joint".

I think the problem is that the entire torso is so difficult to actually put into the position it's supposed to be. Those back hinges just do not like to move at all.

Once things line up, it's better, but yeah, there really is nothing supporting the head.

The hips just outright suck though. That stupid swingbar mechanism looks like either they never intended for it to lock at all, or they forgot that the landing gear doors are where the bar needs to go. Either you remove the gear doors to lock the bars, or you let them flop in the breeze.

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm probably going to sell it---only question is--do it now, or wait 6 months when hopefully it's sold out and people are paying a premium?

I could probably get a decent amount right now, as people would be guaranteed one not missing any parts etc.

Valks are just too expensive (especially at N-Y markup) to keep if you don't REALLY like it. I enjoyed my VF-27 much more the first time I transformed it. It just "felt better" to me.

after some scouring, i managed to pick up three of these beauties, and they are a definitely worth the money. CF units are a favourite of mine, as you can make a squadron, and I so do love my aircraft. Never bought the SV-51 CF, but beige never suited it. So far I transformed only one unit and it is very tight around the leg pivot. The only gripe is the patches of oil on the plastic when you pull it out the first time. Best to check your boxes in case it causes any long term effects.

Another thing I've noticed is the better paint job QC over the 171 EX, and the pilot figure is very detailed. If I have some time and space I'll do a squadron picture. Shame the stand doesn't have any markings on it. Anybody else planning on a Nightmare Plus squadron?

after some scouring, i managed to pick up three of these beauties, and they are a definitely worth the money. CF units are a favourite of mine, as you can make a squadron, and I so do love my aircraft. Never bought the SV-51 CF, but beige never suited it. So far I transformed only one unit and it is very tight around the leg pivot. The only gripe is the patches of oil on the plastic when you pull it out the first time. Best to check your boxes in case it causes any long term effects.

Another thing I've noticed is the better paint job QC over the 171 EX, and the pilot figure is very detailed. If I have some time and space I'll do a squadron picture. Shame the stand doesn't have any markings on it. Anybody else planning on a Nightmare Plus squadron?

Some guy on here ordered 6. Can't remember who it is. Haha. Was it you?

Some guy on here ordered 6. Can't remember who it is. Haha. Was it you?

hahaha no...I wish! Pushing it with three, but I REALLY like the idea of squadrons! I wonder what I'll do if they announce the VF-27 CF 1.5? Probably have to starve for three months to afford a trio. But man I'd love to see all six...he could make two squadrons...all we need is the radome version