YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

My second 29 + packs, which I preordered in March, are still Prep in Progress. Freaking NY....

I had to send two inquires regarding the same issue. One Thursday evening (EST) and they replied stating it should go out Friday (Japan Time), but it never did. I sent the 2nd inquiry Monday evening stating it was two business days and no update. No representative response, but voila... I got a shipment notice and tracking number stating it was just sent out.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

if u want replies from NY, try their FB page. i had alot of trouble with them and email, but FB worked perfectly.

if i could find the 29 packs for a decent price id be more tempted. i dont love them, but I kinda want the whole thing u know?

Awesome pictures. I didn't even know the shoulder's opened up like that.

Yeah the 29 has massive missiles even before you add the parts. You get 4x launchers on the legs 2x on the shoulders and 4x on the Super parts. That's a whopping 10x launchers.

Since the nozzles of the Super Parts thrusters can extend outwards (IIRC) can someone who saw the second Macross Frontier movie point out at what point the should extend (Fighter-/Gerwalk-/Battroid-Mode)?

Hey saito, will put up a pic of the super parts on my alto when NY decides to ship mine to me, on other news, my 30th aniversary yf-29 just can from nin-nin and some how, it does not look that new to me although it does says its new. On the shipping manifest they stated used figure with a cost of SGD$30, is that normal, also do anyone have slight discolouration to the painted diecast parts on the shoulder blocks, the white in mine looks slightly yellow. Here is a pic of mine after i did my transmation inspection.

post-5131-0-70945600-1370413362_thumb.jpg

Some shops declare the value of an item lower than it actually is because that way customs will not charge a fee and tax for importing (this is not the case for the states iirc). Be aware if your country charges import tax&fee this is basically tax fraud.

Discoloration between parts is a known issue on this toy and other toy lines. I think Yamato achieved an almost perfect match between painted and casted parts but not Bandai. Also the head lasers of the YF-29 are made out of PVC so they tend to yellow faster than other parts of the plane which is also normal. Be careful about exposing this toy to direct sunlight and bright/hot artificial light sources because that will cause the toy to yellow even faster. White, unpainted plastic has a tendency to yellow.

Hey saito, will put up a pic of the super parts on my alto when NY decides to ship mine to me, on other news, my 30th aniversary yf-29 just can from nin-nin and some how, it does not look that new to me although it does says its new. On the shipping manifest they stated used figure with a cost of SGD$30, is that normal, also do anyone have slight discolouration to the painted diecast parts on the shoulder blocks, the white in mine looks slightly yellow. Here is a pic of mine after i did my transmation inspection.

Thanks, man. Though there's no hurry, cause my super parts are also on their way, and I guess I'll be able to find out myself soon :)

For the USA, it does depend on the declared value. I had to pay an import duty on 1000.00+ lightsaber parts about two years ago.

To add insult to (wallet)injury, 80% of the parts were dented and dinged.

Strange, I have never heard of this in the USA. Even other WTO member countries have complained that it's not fair that Americans don't have to pay taxes and duty charges.

I thought the whole idea of all the fold crystals was to make it fly faster, with more power and less energy expended. isnt that it?

Not exactly.

I think, in-universe, the entire reason for the crystals was that they act as Vajra jammers. They communicate through fold waves, and the crystals amplify signals to transmit on those same wavelengths (probably something resembling subspace transmissions in other universes).

That's what Alto was doing during the entire scene with the YF-29. He was trying to disrupt the control over the Vajra by causing interference by way of amplifying Ranka and Sheryl's singing.

Honestly, I always appreciated the slightly more scientific take Frontier took on why songs would work in battle that way. If you consider that fold waves were essentially a new communication frequency, and that Sheryl and Ranka could actually transmit white noise on those frequencies due to their infections, you essentially had a plot based on using human jammers against an enemy. :p

Apparently though, due to the way those waves propagate through space nearly instantaneously, they're also the key to unlocking much faster space folds. Luca's family was researching how to utilize those crystals in various ways, which was where the enhanced fold booster Michael used came from.

Edited by Chronocidal

I imported like $1000+ plus worth of toys from Rinkya. I declared it as $800 bucks as that's about what I paid overall. Maybe a bit less subtracting fees. Anyway, I didn't have to pay anything extra.

I don't think it's a national thing, it's state by state.

Edited by Gakken85

LOL you guys live in a fiscal paradise!!

Here in Mexico you're only allowed a maximum 50 usd free of imports fee, one dollar more and they charge with the "IVA" 16% of the declared total

The only way to import a Valk without the excessive taxes its throught EMS, wich it's handled by the Mexican postal service, and even so, it's not 100% sure

P.S. The Mexican postal service, (for me anyway) has done an EXCELLENT job delivering all of my Valks

Not exactly.

I think, in-universe, the entire reason for the crystals was that they act as Vajra jammers. They communicate through fold waves, and the crystals amplify signals to transmit on those same wavelengths (probably something resembling subspace transmissions in other universes).

That's what Alto was doing during the entire scene with the YF-29. He was trying to disrupt the control over the Vajra by causing interference by way of amplifying Ranka and Sheryl's singing.

Honestly, I always appreciated the slightly more scientific take Frontier took on why songs would work in battle that way. If you consider that fold waves were essentially a new communication frequency, and that Sheryl and Ranka could actually transmit white noise on those frequencies due to their infections, you essentially had a plot based on using human jammers against an enemy. :p

Apparently though, due to the way those waves propagate through space nearly instantaneously, they're also the key to unlocking much faster space folds. Luca's family was researching how to utilize those crystals in various ways, which was where the enhanced fold booster Michael used came from.

Thank you! that explains a few things about Frontier I never quite understood.

Having the Super Parts in hand I have to say that the white Skull & Crossbones are not that terrible because you can seem them on the off-white of the fuselage well enough....

...but really Bandai why even bother? Just put them on the tail fins like the VF-1. Wouldn't cost much since you had the stencil and produced and payed for the color. Why not put them somewhere it would make sense? I would be good with the white SMS marking on the wing because surely the extra black paint and stencil would've caused a Bandai bankruptcy and you had so many leftover stencils and color from the Alto Custom so why even bother.

And don't get me started with the missing color on the stand *shakes fist in anger*

Overall I really like the pitchfork look of the plane with the parts attached. The thrusters on the wings can still support the extra weight and don't droop. What really would have been the icing on the cake would be the ultraviolent *cough* tint from the promotion pictures. I know it is all Photoshop these days but they look so much nicer. The same goes for the VF-171CF.

But that's nitpicking! I'm a happy camper. ^_^

Can't wait for the RVF-25. :)