YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

Hey all,

Not new to this forum, posted years ago when the yamato v2 1/60s and tomahawk came out

Nice to see you guys, and thanks for the pointers then.

It's crazy that this Bandai renewal stuff is so hard to find. I'm just getting back into this stuff, and the renewals look so sleek like the model kits. I got turned off cuz my buddy got the v1 frontier chogokin, and they looked crappy compared to the model kits. Building the kits were also kinda disappointment, not solid like the gundams that I've come to expect from Bandai, but quite fragile.

Saw my buddy's renewal and it sure was solid. He got it overseas.

So I tried to buy an Ozma. Nowhere to be found except on evilbay for crazy $. No local stores even carry cuz the v1 were so bad.

I was on Hlj, and the wer still selling the tomahawk from years ago! I used to think these expensive toys were always in stock cuz the price deters everyone but serious collectors, especially after the recession. Bandai really should sell more of these if demand is so high. Funny that its easy to buy Gundam kits, seems there are so many warming shelves. Yamato stuff is so easy to get a hold of, even years after release. So frustrating just to buy a toy?!!! This is worse than trying to buy an optimus prime masterpiece (the new version)!

I've been checking Hlj for months now for this 30th durandal, and the one day my computer is down, they decide to sell (out)? another poster said it: blink and you'll miss it. So true, but it's still a crazy situation.

Hey David,

I dunno if I can look for thirteen months. I assumed that Bandai would re release by now, especially during 30th anniversary. I noticed that they were grinding out really old model kits like the Monster or the Archer (can't remember the proper names for them, just the Battlemech names), that's nostalgic and all, but the factory should've been grinding out more Frontier renewals.

TCracker, i love the squat pose. I like the attention you did at the waist, you bent the thigh, not just rotate the hip/waist joint. Question for you, Is it tight like the renewals, or loose like the red alto? My buddy's red alto could'nt keep the tail shield thing on, but his Ozma is so tight. The renewals remind me of the old chunky monkey, tough and easy to transform.

Still can't fathom why I'm willing to spend the kinda money that can by a ps3 and still can't find an Ozma or Durandal!

Btw, I also like this 30th color scheme, it rocks on the battroid mode. Not so sure about the plane mode, I might paint it white, if I can get a hold of one.

Hey David,

I dunno if I can look for thirteen months. I assumed that Bandai would re release by now, especially during 30th anniversary............but the factory should've been grinding out more Frontier renewals.

That's what I assumed/hoped as well.

I'm still fairly confident all the Renewals will see re-releases, but we may have to wait until well after the RVF-25 has been released... and then there is the whole "how many repops for each version?", "how long will the pre-order windows last?"," how many allocated to each retailer?"... all the usual shenanigans we've come to expect and love from Bandai's handling of the DX Frontier Valks.

I really wanted this at first, but IMHO, they screwed the pooch by not numbering it 001 like Focker's VF-1.

I agree. Just a few tiny changes here and there would put it over the top. I still love both of mine regardless.

Honestly, I just want a 1/72 kit. As cheap and fun as the 1/100 ones are, they just don't match anything else.

On the other hand, at least those keep getting made. <_</>

Chronocidal, I saw the 72 kits at Hlj. I've got an Alto kit and the proportions are waaay better than the frontier v1. But it is a bit fragile when you transform it. It's awesome for customizing. It takes a lot more work to paint a completed kit like the chogokin. The proportions are pretty similar to the renewals. The wings are loose, they don't lock like the renewal. They are not like gundams, you can pose them a lot, but the 72s parts dont stay on much. The fins fall off, and the shoulder parts are hard to fit together when transforming to plane mode. Until the renewals, these were the closest to the anime though.

I'm pretty sure 030 was intentional, as in 30th Anniversary.

I'm sure it was, but I would have preferred a straight up Skull-1 version. Come to think of it, maybe we'll start seeing that from Yamato now that they're in repaint mode. Imagine your favorite OG Macross character's schemes on updated birds. I've always wanted to do a custom VF-11 Skull squadron. :)

Chronocidal, I saw the 72 kits at Hlj. I've got an Alto kit and the proportions are waaay better than the frontier v1. But it is a bit fragile when you transform it. It's awesome for customizing. It takes a lot more work to paint a completed kit like the chogokin. The proportions are pretty similar to the renewals. The wings are loose, they don't lock like the renewal. They are not like gundams, you can pose them a lot, but the 72s parts dont stay on much. The fins fall off, and the shoulder parts are hard to fit together when transforming to plane mode. Until the renewals, these were the closest to the anime though.

Don't worry, I'm well aware. I have have a few built, and a closet full of unbuilt ones to make in various modes. :lol:

What I mean is that I'd happily shell out for a kit version or two, as opposed to playing Bandai Distributor Roulette trying to get one of these things.

• 2 weeks later...