Wreck It Ralph

Keith

Totally loved the movie. I'm not real big into Sarah Silverman, but she was incredible as Vanellope. She really brought the character to life. Sugar Rush looks mostly like a Mario Kart clone. Even had a Rainbow Road segment in there.

Saw the movie last week and forgot to post about it. Brilliant movie with plenty of laughs, heart and nostalgia. John C. Reilly and Sarah Silverman were brilliant as the lead voices and the animation is spectacular. I also got a kick out of the Fix-It Felix and Sergeant Calhoun characters and their relationship, which was so hilarious (most tragic backstory ever, LOL!). I will say I'm kinda sad because some of the games in the movie I'd love to see realized so I can play them :)

Oh yeah, and the Paperman short film played before the feature was great! All around, highly recommended...been saying that a lot this year :)

Edited by Mr March

Even after reading some of the spoilers here, I still got a massive kick out of this film. All the little video game references were brilliant. And the story was touching without being too overly-saccharine.

Who'd a thunk we would finally get a really good video-game-based movie film?!

BTW---"Paperman". Best short ever?

Not sure if it was originally attached to the theatrical release but the BURN-E short attached the WALL-E DVD is pretty hard to top.

Don't get me wrong Paperman was good and full of heart. But BURN-E just hits a certain comedic sweet spot with me.

Not sure if it was originally attached to the theatrical release but the BURN-E short attached the WALL-E DVD is pretty hard to top.

Don't get me wrong Paperman was good and full of heart. But BURN-E just hits a certain comedic sweet spot with me.

BURN-E was home release only. However---does it work by itself, without having seen the main movie and already knowing the characters?

I took my 7.5 year old son to see wreck it ralph on Saturday and we both loved it. I really enjoyed the short. I thought that disney was taking the idea from pixar but then I remembered that pixar got the idea from disney and that disney and pixar are now.... whatever.

Wreck it ralph was a thoroughly enjoyable film. I loved how they made Vanilapea's facial expressions just like Sarah Silverman. There are some pretty decent figurines already out. Thinking of getting some.

BURN-E was home release only. However---does it work by itself, without having seen the main movie and already knowing the characters?

Surprisingly, yes.

When I first bought the DVD, that short was actually the first thing I watched.

At the time, I knew "of" WALL-E, but I didn't really know much about the movie's plot or overall story.

Besides, anyone who has ever had a boring office job and spent way too much time on a project where EVERYTHING goes wrong can probably relate to BURN-E. It's that whole "nihilistic/fatalist view of the world turned into twisted comedy" thing. Like I said, it's just something that really tickles my sarcastic and cynical side.

Regarding the figurines, is there one of Fix-It Felix, Jr. that

has multiple bruised headsculpts? :lol:

I still have to see this new short at some point (and the movie that's tacked on after it too :p). I might wait til the video release, since my local theaters are like watching a movie on a portable phone through a cardboard tube anyway.

Still think my favorite short is the magician act one though. I think I saw it right after playing portal, and I don't know if one was influenced by the other, but they certainly seemed like it. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Anything other than Brave should have won. A common comment I see is that everything makes sense if the academy only watches the trailers for animated films, not the complete finished product...

Really, Pixar shouldn't get an Oscar for their 2nd-worst film.

At least Paperman gets some deserved respect.

Add in the fact that Paperman will be included with the home release, and I'm pretty sure I'll be purchasing Wreck-It Ralph once it's released.

Regarding Brave, as a parent of a headstrong daughter, I can sorta relate to the film. I enjoyed it well enough.

But I will admit that I definitely had a bigger blast watching Wreck-It Ralph.

Anything other than Brave should have won. A common comment I see is that everything makes sense if the academy only watches the trailers for animated films, not the complete finished product...

Are you kidding me? Even the trailer for Brave was underwhelming.....

Bad News: Wreck-It Ralph lost to Pixar's Brave at the Oscars for Best Animated Feature.

Good News: Paperman snagged the Oscar for Best Animated Short Film.

85th Academy Award Winners

Frankenweenie should have won. just saying. :mellow:

Edited by anime52k8

Finally watched the DVD copy. Got to pause and rewind a few scenes.

I'm surprised none of us commented on the two separate "Aerith Lives" on the game station walls or the "All Your Bases Are..." graffiti.

We must be getting old! :lol:

My wife brought home the blu-ray for our kids and I enjoyed it. The "romance" was a little... corny and I knew it was was going to end

with Turbo being the bad guy when they gave a hint of his voice earlier, but I was off on the nature of "the glitch." I just figured she would be an ordinary racer who's spot he took instead of the princess or whatever.

. I want that Hero Duty game! The music and action look pretty cool! :D

So, to those living in Tokyo and Osaka, are they showing only the Japanese-dubbed version too? 'Cause that's all they're showing in Sapporo. RantScream.gifkaioken.gif

• 4 years later...