DX VF-25G

zulu

At a discount price of $70, I went ahead and ordered an Alto Super Parts set to use with the 25G. Seriously, it only has minor color changes in 5 spots, so with a simple repaint on those sections, I've taken out the drama of waiting for yet another Bandai exclusive preorder sh*t storm for the "official" 25G colored parts. (High 5'ing self).

Why, bother? Unlike the 25s themselves, the super and armor packs for the renewals have been easy to secure through Nyppon-Yassan, likely because they are exclusive items instead of the limited production mass market Messiahs.

Edited by mechaninac

Why, bother? Unlike the 25s themselves, the super and armor packs for the renewals have been easy to secure through Nyppon-Yassan, likely because they are exclusive items instead of the limited production mass market Messiahs.

It's not a matter of worrying about availability... I could get the parts for cheap now, stick a bit of paint on them, and have them ready for the 25G when it gets in this month. So... why not?

Fair enough. There is, however, one more thing in addition to painting the yellow/red bits the correct shade of blue (French/Royal blue?) you'll need to do to existing super packs to convert them to Michael's specs. ... you'll need to create decals or stencils for renumbering the components to his G's SMS 003.

Fair enough. There is, however, one more thing in addition to painting the yellow/red bits the correct shade of blue (French/Royal blue?) you'll need to do to existing super packs to convert them to Michael's specs. ... you'll need to create decals or stencils for renumbering the components to his G's SMS 003.

Yeah, not really concerned with the markings... as long as the colors are straight, I'm set.

I was about a year or so between first release and reissue for the 29. I'd expect the 25s, all of them, will see reissues as well, but since there are so many more variants -- the VF-25G and RVF-25 have not even been released yet -- and there's the 30th aniversary VF-29 and, maybe, more VF-171 releases, it may be a while before we see repops of the Messiahs... maybe by this time next year Bandai could anounce or release more Alto's and Ozma's 25s so that those who missed them the first time around can have a chance of getting them without paying though one body orifice and out the other (I'm missing the S version myself and really want one to go with the Armor Pack that I got for it, but not at today's 3 - 3.5X MSRP); but you'll have to be quick on the trigger for any reissues if the YF-29's second round is any indication.

That means that AE will be sending out shipping ivoices within the next 2 weeks too. I assume they send out an email requesting your shipping method preference first, or give you all the options in the invoice, is that correct?... First time ordering from them.

That means that AE will be sending out shipping ivoices within the next 2 weeks too. I assume they send out an email requesting your shipping method preference first, or give you all the options in the invoice, is that correct?... First time ordering from them.

You should get an email informing you it's in stock, and telling you how to request shipping from your account. If you log in and request shipping they send you the options and prices. After selecting that they send the shipping invoice.

They usually get their stock on release day and can ship same day.

Just got and paid for my invoice for the 25G for Nippon yasan. Just a smidge over $200AUD. Now for the super or tornado packs...

Wow that sounds like a great price including shipping. I live in the us and picked EMS which cost around $40 USD so my total is $243 and some change, how much did you other guys fom US pay for shipping fom NY?

So far I'm in to the tune of 164.82 USD with AE; shipping will be the determinant factor whether I got a passable deal, or a good one.

Does pre-ordering in another currency work for anything in NY? I pre-ordered in USD but I don't know the original Yen price to compare the exchange rate.

MSRP was originally set at 14000 YEN by Bandai. I don't know how much NY charged when the preorders first went up, but AE's price was 12600 YEN.

Anyone have (or had) problems submitting the Paypal payment to Nippon Yasan? I keep getting a "sorry could not complete" error at the end ... I tried submitting it three times before reading the "wait 30 minutes" part (was talking on the phone). LOL Hope I didn't actually send 3 payments.

Anyone have (or had) problems submitting the Paypal payment to Nippon Yasan? I keep getting a "sorry could not complete" error at the end ... I tried submitting it three times before reading the "wait 30 minutes" part (was talking on the phone). LOL Hope I didn't actually send 3 payments.

I have not had any problems at all getting my payments through to them.

Does anyone know the official release date for this valk? And where are the 25G super Parts and the RVF-25 release news? Seriously, Bandai gives me the worst anxiety with the Macross Frontier Renewals.... I think this is why I said that I would wait for Yamato as long as that would be to release Mac F product, but the temptation sucked me in. I just get this strange feeling they will announce when I am not able to stay glued to my PC and then have to pay higher prices because I miss out on the pre-orders from AE and the other retailers that give you a pre-order sale price.

I know everyone is on the NY train, but does anyone have a feeling that they are simply gouging you on shipping? The fact that there seems to be 5 different prices for shipping is just odd. That's a problem.