DX VF-25G

zulu

Sheesh... well at least they lasted about half an hour.

I have to admit, I do kind of wish I had waited fot HLJ too, but the peace of mind not having to wait around for a random half hour window does help make up for the higher price at NY, at least a little. And even then, it's nowhere near ebay price.

Very nice. I do have one question for those who may have the G in hand already, because even with gamu-toys photos spread it is very hard to tell: Is the underside of the wing glove on the G painted or molded in color?

One thing is that those intakes would greatly benefit from a coat of black/dark grey overall and silver/steel on the fans. Another is that those who were complaining about a possible bent antenna/head laser can rest easy as it appears that Bandai has included a had plastic alternate to swap out the bendy PVC one... cool.

Mine is on its way from AE, so I'll be able to see the toy for myself, in all its glory or ignomimy, in a week or two.

Wow, that final pose in battroid looks really cool. i wonder why it's taking NY so long to ship this damn thing.

NY hasn't shipped yours yet? I'm assuming NY is shipping out the EMS/FedEx orders first and all the others later. Got my notice 10/1 @ 1:37AM PST

Edited by OzmaLee74

Just checked the NY site and it stated that the 25g was shipped. Does anyone know how fast EMS shipping takes? Is it the same as for HLJ? Or different?

WTH. The intakes aren't painted?

I'm canceling my order...this is ridiculous.

Who wants my order from Ami?

Despite your pathetic attempt at being humorous, the things I've pointed out are details they've always painted on previous releases. It's now on the 25G that they've decided to cut corners and leave them off.

Or do you not care if Bandai leaves out details that they themselves took the time to retain on previous units? Why bother doing all those video reviews if you don't give a crap if the final product is up to par with previous releases?

Despite your pathetic attempt at being humorous, the things I've pointed out are details they've always painted on previous releases. It's now on the 25G that they've decided to cut corners and leave them off.

Or do you not care if Bandai leaves out details that they themselves took the time to retain on previous units? Why bother doing all those video reviews if you don't give a crap if the final product is up to par with previous releases?

Did you cancel your order (if you had one, that is)? If it's that upsetting, that'd be the logical way to show your non-approval of the final product. Not calling you out, but you seem pretty upset by it, so I'd guess you did.

Noticed the red sensors on each side of the cockpit aren't painted either. What the hell, Bandai?

Oh... maybe it's because you know, they're going for anime accuracy.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossf/vf-25g/vf-25g-fighter.jpg

You'll see in the picture that those sensors aren't color red. Compare with the others which all have a red sensor.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossf/vf-25f/vf-25f-fighter.jpg

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossf/rvf-25/rvf-25-fighter.jpg

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossf/vf-25s/vf-25s-fighter.jpg

Did you cancel your order (if you had one, that is)? If it's that upsetting, that'd be the logical way to show your non-approval of the final product. Not calling you out, but you seem pretty upset by it, so I'd guess you did.

So we're not allowed to be critical of the final product? Is "Everything is perfect and if you don't like it then cancel your preorder!" the only acceptable sentiment now? When did this board become so full of corporate shills? I always thought it was the other way around, judging by how insanely critical many forum members are.

I'm pretty damn sure I'm not the first person on these boards to complain about product shortcomings. I'm also sure I'm nowhere near the harshest critic.

All I've done is point out that, for some reason, Bandai has cut corners on details they included on previous releases. I'm not imagining some obscure detail from the lineart or something. These are the standards that Bandai themselves set.

I was content to simply express my annoyance that Bandai cut corners then just fix it myself (though I really shouldn't have to fix anything on a $200 toy), but apparently that's not an acceptable position.

Oh... maybe it's because you know, they're going for anime accuracy.

http://www.macross2....25g-fighter.jpg

You'll see in the picture that those sensors aren't color red. Compare with the others which all have a red sensor.

http://www.macross2....25f-fighter.jpg

http://www.macross2....-25-fighter.jpg

http://www.macross2....25s-fighter.jpg

Well I'll be damned. You're right. Well, I stand corrected on that point. :)

However, my earlier criticism about the striped section on the underside still stands. :p

Well I'll be damned. You're right. Well, I stand corrected on that point. :)

However, my earlier criticism about the striped section on the underside still stands. :p

Actually, I think that may be anime accurate as well. I haven't found the actual profile screenshot of the VF-25G yet, but the closest thing I've found is a pic of the VF-25 cannon fodder.

If you'll refer to the screenshot of the VF-25 cannon fodder, you'll see that the black stripe (in this case dark brown) isn't painted all the way. The cannon fodder shares the same (or at least similar) head unit as the VF-25G so it's very likely that the 25G uses the same color pattern. Notice that the sensor isn't red as well.

Compared with the other screenshot of the 25F, which has the black stripe all the way down on the "crotch" piece.

post-13388-0-29865000-1349156216_thumb.jpg

post-13388-0-94222800-1349156229_thumb.jpg

Actually, I think that may be anime accurate as well. I haven't found the actual profile screenshot of the VF-25G yet, but the closest thing I've found is a pic of the VF-25 cannon fodder.

If you'll refer to the screenshot of the VF-25 cannon fodder, you'll see that the black stripe (in this case dark brown) isn't painted all the way. The cannon fodder shares the same (or at least similar) head unit as the VF-25G so it's very likely that the 25G uses the same color pattern. Notice that the sensor isn't red as well.

Compared with the other screenshot of the 25F, which has the black stripe all the way down on the "crotch" piece.

We don't quite know if it's accurate but those are interesting observations either way.

Just ordered this bad boy from NY first time, Dam I really hate Bandia's handling of this what because the first release was subpar and they had so many left over they are now going to go and do the opposite and under produce these. Yamato is just going to get more sales

Edited by moose

Here's the answer about that black stripe. And yeah, the rifle on the Renewal toy does sit way too far in the back.

They could have made two rifles. One long fully-functional one, and a second shorter one that looks right underneath the plane.

27yy7er.png

Well you're right, looks like they just plumb forgot. Could be a manufacturing error and not necessarily Bandai not planning for it to be there. It's on the other two. The people painting could have missed it, though QC should have caught it.

Here's the answer about that black stripe. And yeah, the rifle on the Renewal toy does sit way too far in the back.

They could have made two rifles. One long fully-functional one, and a second shorter one that looks right underneath the plane.

27yy7er.png

Yeah, I saw that shot too. But I wasn't sure if it was just a shadow or really a stripe.

"...QC should have caught it."

Sorry, I shouldn't have found this funny, but it definitely made me laugh. ^_^

For all the supposed "accuracy" of the way the painted it, they still used the wrong colors. :lol:

I really do wonder about those dumb white landing gear doors though, and whether they're just an animaton error. It looks pointless to paint them that way, and I know there is production art of the VF-25G that has the entire underside of the nose white. It just looks so much better that way, I wish they'd never corrected that goof from the first version.