Without those leg-extenders Herc is almost two heads shorter than that Bruticus... these people are making a really big guy.

One thing that beats ALL of TFC combiners: this Bruticus has wider hips.

TFC's combiners have tiny hips that screw up proportions because they really are the hips of a normal robot, even if you put big skirts on them. Maketoys gave their Longhaul huge hips in order to give Giant good proportions. This Bruticus has dedicated parts that make them up so as to not sacrifice Onslaught. Nice!

I remember that guy, he stirred up quite a sh*tstorm here back in the day.

Indeed, ah Mode 7 flasbacks...

I believe that companies have lost their ability to create games extremely fun to just focus on repetitive games but with better graphics ...
For me is a great regress.

I dunno, something just looks "off" to me with that new Bruticus, he's big but blocky and several pieces seem slightly out of place on both the component bots and the combined toy. Colossus has better overall proportions ,despite being 70% Hasbro Energon figures. Maybe the color selection will make him pique my interest more.

In the meantime I'll happily await more Ares reveals.

The more I look at it the more I think that Colossus isn't so far behind. Warbotron has lots of partsforming, just like FP old Bruticus. The thing they do with the combiner upper legs and waist is the same UT does with their Predaking.

Yeah, all parts go into making other stuff like the FP. IMO the price for this cool guy should not be more than the FR price.

teehee this is pretty cool

That's...not bad. What does it look like on the underside though? The extra parts underneath that are obviously from the robot is what ruins Transformers jet robots to me. If it's too obvious that it's a gigantic robot folded up underneath...it's an easy pass.

Edit: also shopping cart landing gear with no spinny wheels. I'm spoiled by Macross :(

Edited by xrentonx

god dammit, cannot unsee. good thing I'm not buying one an

Nothing a bit of putty, some glue and a small sheet of plastic can't cover up, though. Unless something's actually supposed to plug into it. Gosh, that's a creepy possibility.

That's...not bad. What does it look like on the underside though? The extra parts underneath that are obviously from the robot is what ruins Transformers jet robots to me. If it's too obvious that it's a gigantic robot folded up underneath...it's an easy pass.

Edit: also shopping cart landing gear with no spinny wheels. I'm spoiled by Macross :(

Even from the first pic, you can some robot bits just hanging underneath. It probably wouldn't be so bad if the colors weren't so starkly contrasting, though.

So there's a new third-party Shockwave in the works, and this one's more Voyager scale than Masterpiece. He's got some big, obvious gaps on his arms and legs, but aside from that he's better than pretty much every Shockwave Hasbro's given us. I'd be tempted, assuming the price is right.

The gun mode is kinda crappy. but I do like the bot mode. I agree with Valkyrie Hunter D; it does have more imposing proportions. I'm a little concerned about the back kibble, though.

Frankly, it's a tad disappointing after MMC's awesome Hexatron fig.

That said, I'm still pre-ordering it of my hobby store brings this in.

I just noticed something. Is he supposed to be ALL clear purple plastic? I hope that's just photoshopping, because that would be horrible. I have no need for a "ghost" Shockwave.

Oh, and I just realized he's not going to be MP scale, but Classics scale. Frak, I guess I'm not buying this, then; the whole purpose of my getting a rebooted G1 Shockwave was to display it with my MP/neo G1 figs.

Edited by GU-11

I like the theory that MMC is currently trolling all the other 3P companies by "announcing" stuff that's already been done or announced by others. All three recent reveals share a lot of parts.

How shrewd of them. Hopefully that means it'll keep the cost down.

There's something very disturbing about Swindle's crotch.

Thanks, now I can't help but hear nom nom noises when I look at that pic. It's crazy, not too long ago I thought that FP's Bruticus was the best that I'd ever see of him. But this new one is hard to ignore.

FoC Metroplex coming it seems:

27386765d1377429798-third-party-unoffici

27386763d1377429798-third-party-unoffici

27386764d1377429798-third-party-unoffici

Also, MMC's Bovis (Tantrum) is ready to go---they say the Sept 15 release date is still holding, and here's the final final product:

IMG_5171a__50200.1377496866.1280.1280.jp

IMG_5261a__31238.1377496866.1280.1280.jp

If you've not ordered him yet, you may want to consider "Planet Steel Express", as they are the closest thing to an official store for MMC, and will have him first----plus free shipping if you hit $150 (which is easy with 3P stuff).

Now that I am completely addicted, I thought I would leave this here. I hope third-party two-wheelers fall within the rules of this thread:

Aranea4_1371839285.jpeg

The paint apps certainly give off a certain vibe. I do not have any of the Perfect Effect third-party 'formers, but I have been reading reviews and drooling over the photos. There are more shots at the official blog here:

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/perfecteffecttoy_jp/24767028.html