it is a parts-former? ^_^

I understand that most combiners are but the thing with the head, skirt, abdomen and an extra set of wings for combine mode seems kinda lazy to me. Or can they store all over the figure when it is not combined?

Shouldn't be to much of a surprise, yeah bit of a let down in the picture though. UT's Predaking is based heavily on the G1 with some modern tweeking (Damn almost said twerking....) Buuuuuuuut seeing how I keep my combiners when they're complete in their final form, I can live with this.

Not too mention UT's Predaking is on sale right now on most online shops like Toyarena, I think TFSource and BBTS.

Oh which btw, every year we all get 1 get for ourselves at home for something we want. I'm thinking on getting Maketoys Not Nova Prime. But I'd also like to pick up Smart Robin since he's out now. Also remember that Deisil is suppose to be out really soon to complete the stunticons. for a 200 limit, what would sound good? a Limited edition figure like Nova, workin on my Headmasters collection with Smart Robin or finish my stunticons?

Edited by Hikuro

UT's Not-Predaking been known to be a *severe* parts-former since the beginning. Could be part of the reason theirs was finished so quickly----simpler transformations etc. It's basically a revamped/revised version of someone's custom that came out----they bought that custom, reverse-engineered it, and put it into mass production.

They have also bought that same customizer's Abominus, so odds are good they'll do that next. (though I thought that Abominus was inferior to his Predaking---but UT did make a good number of changes/improvements along the way, and Abominus was less of a partsformer, so there's a chance if could turn out pretty good)

• 2 weeks later...

So the FT Slag is going to come in two colors. One will match Mp-08, and one will be silver and match mp-08x comic style.

I think I'll go with the comic style slag to match my King Grimlock.

Do you have any other details? Such as timing or whether or not one will be an exclusive? This is definitely the third party highlight of Q1 for me.

Toyworld's New Op is amazing

Its very solid plastic and has some heft to it. I could swear it had some metal joints. I haven't found any Some pics next to Toyworld megs

20131127_142901_zps24a4fc87.jpg

20131127_142953_zps80e7a240.jpg

I believe he would have been a better rep. for the Transformers Prime show.

Also got FP Quadrouple. Very nicely designed

20131123_104259_zpsf100e963.jpg

Toyworld's New Op is amazing

Its very solid plastic and has some heft to it. I could swear it had some metal joints. I haven't found any Some pics next to Toyworld megs

'snip*

I believe he would have been a better rep. for the Transformers Prime show.

*snip*

Also got FP Quadrouple. Very nicely designed

*snip*

What I love about Toyworlds Orion is that he doesn't have a fake grill unlike the last iterations of every Optimus Prime I own. ^_^

After seeing a few Nemean reviews on youtube I'm kinda disappointed that there is not more to him.

I guess you dont have any TFC combinors otherwise you would know the plastic is pretty thick

Maybe you prefer this

I have both Hercules and Uranos and have taken them apart so I know both of them inside and out. The plastic on Uranos is pretty thin and crappy compared to Hercs. And like I said, the plastic used on Bovis is way beyond the TFC quality plastic.

Ares could have been interesting but it just ended up being a minimum variation on the robust MMC take. Right now the options are the athletic looking UT version or the robust MMC/TFC. MMC wins in my book for cohesive look, solid build and communication and UT in second place for the different style that looks really nice (it would still need to fall down in price for me to consider getting it; to high for a simple swapformer).

Nemean has great torso proportions for the Her/Uranos limbs but TFC screwed itself up again making the Ares limbs also bigger. Nemean also has very simple looking lines like those of a kids toy but has limbs that actually look more detailed. And that is without going into the weird color choices they like to take.

I won't ever buy a TFC combiner until it has been fully released and reviewed. Don’t want to have to deal with TFC surprises again. With Herc they did fantastic and included extra pieces and solutions to parts that broke in previous releases for free. With Uranos they erased that and just made a cash grab (yes, the parts of the Wings or uranos upgrade set were designed beforehand; BB has connector holes for the new skirt and chestshield useless otherwise).

I have both Hercules and Uranos and have taken them apart so I know both of them inside and out. The plastic on Uranos is pretty thin and crappy compared to Hercs. And like I said, the plastic used on Bovis is way beyond the TFC quality plastic.

Ares could have been interesting but it just ended up being a minimum variation on the robust MMC take. Right now the options are the athletic looking UT version or the robust MMC/TFC. MMC wins in my book for cohesive look, solid build and communication and UT in second place for the different style that looks really nice (it would still need to fall down in price for me to consider getting it; to high for a simple swapformer).

Nemean has great torso proportions for the Her/Uranos limbs but TFC screwed itself up again making the Ares limbs also bigger. Nemean also has very simple looking lines like those of a kids toy but has limbs that actually look more detailed. And that is without going into the weird color choices they like to take.

I won't ever buy a TFC combiner until it has been fully released and reviewed. Don’t want to have to deal with TFC surprises again. With Herc they did fantastic and included extra pieces and solutions to parts that broke in previous releases for free. With Uranos they erased that and just made a cash grab (yes, the parts of the Wings or uranos upgrade set were designed beforehand; BB has connector holes for the new skirt and chestshield useless otherwise).

I like the MMC but I disagree with the Plastic. Their Boatwave was a disaster. I think looking at it might make the plastic evaporate, I have their sixshot and their build material quality has improved, but nowhere near TFCs. TFC has been around much longer and they have chosen the Blocky G1 look added with more detail with a slight MP twist. I have no issues with the Ariel Bots. Same plastic to me. And what you want with any gestalt is imposing. m am fan of MMC. And I still may get him. I just cant afford it now, since their is only one iteration of the gestalt set out with Nemean. As Funds start to refresh themselves at normal levels and MMCs Feral is still available, I will definitely take the plunge. Right now there are just way to many 3rd parties and my wallet has taken a beating. So now I need to be more selective.

Edited by slaginpit

Been on the fence on TW's Orion, partially the head, partially the size, and partially because I really do have enough Optimus Prime figures.

My Hyper Novae showed up yesterday, and I gotta say for ANOTHER retool of the battle tanker line, it's not bad. He's at least bigger than most deluxes, almost voyager scale, but plugging his backpack in is a real pain in the ass. I had to remove the wings from their ball joints just to see where i was going when plugging it in, and it's a VERY tight fit.

Now i've heard and even seen where people have problems plugging the orange bits into his "knees" and what not. If that's the cases I could be in for a world of hurt since I'm all out of sand paper.

take if from someone who has specced plastics before for functional parts...

TFC's plastic is thick and chunky but its on the soft side...sort of like toyword's orion actually (i have and love orion...i also have like hercules). they will wear or develop stress marks more easily but are less likely to crack before stress marks appear.

MMC's plastic is tougher, stiffer BUT is a tad more brittle on some earlier releases....notable example being some small tabs on the cyclops "boatwave" release. with hexatron they seem to have have struck a better medium of hardness and toughness (i use these in engineering terms...one does not mean the other btw)

In the game of 3rd party plastics...i really have to hand it to FP and to a similar extent FT. They seem to have found the best balance...durable and wear resistant yet not brittle.

it isn't a question of "higher quality vs. low quality"plastic like fanbois or one company or another like to argue. its about finding the right balance and what they think is right for their product and their design.

The plastic used on Bovis is the same used for their hearts of steel Screecher. Screecher has incredibly thin parts that bend a lot without breaking. Similar sized pieces on TFC toys can't do that.

MMC also uses POM plastic for the joints, very known here on MW since it is a high quality plastic great for parts that need to take punishment.

FP goes on a whole different route and uses a bendy nylon based material for their toys.

Yeah, FP plastic (at least for joints etc) is weird. Figured it was nylon or something similar. Doesn't sand or shave at all, just "goes fuzzy". The 'basic panels' are made of more typical plastic, but joints/armature/fists etc, are funky-plastic.

interesting, i was talking more about the panels and normal parts etc but i guess i never looked at the joints on FP's stuff too closely.

interesting, i was talking more about the panels and normal parts etc but i guess i never looked at the joints on FP's stuff too closely.

I need to take a look at FP joints as well. I never noticed that. But out of the big three right now, FP, TFC and MMC I think all three companies are worth the purchasing of their product. Certainly may one day become the SOC, Max Factory and CM's for the transformers franchise. I doubt any of the others can survive

Edited by slaginpit

I don't mind it. It makes use of Motormaster's trailer and helps keep Menasor's feet from being separate pieces, and it's not particularly inaccurate, at least to the cartoon. If you watch episodes with Menasor, his lower legs were gray and the Stunticon cars were actually stuck on the back. At least this way the cars are in the front.

yeah figured that'd be the case, but guess just gives it that nice combiner illusion.

I had an attempted charge by BBTS today for the Not-Swoop Fall of Cybertron toy, sadly I didn't have the 80+ dollars to pay for it so I had to cancel the damn thing :(

I don't mind it. It makes use of Motormaster's trailer and helps keep Menasor's feet from being separate pieces, and it's not particularly inaccurate, at least to the cartoon. If you watch episodes with Menasor, his lower legs were gray and the Stunticon cars were actually stuck on the back. At least this way the cars are in the front.

other than the size of the carbots, thats the biggest problem i have with FP's take...its got the cars backwards. its a modern idw influenced take vs. something more g1ish. the head looks great though. overall, it seems a well executed version of that design...unfortunatley i don't like the design its based on. :-( i'm hoping warbotron's take will be more to my liking.

The M3 team looks cool. I have to admit I have a soft spot for this particular combiner because I had three of the limb bots as a child. However Macross collection leaves no funds for this combiner team. Maybe after April. :D

Does anyone know if Fansproject is planning on releasing a gift set for this combiner?

After seeing a review I think it is cool that Fansproject comes full circle to their City Commander release with all the parts forming. ^_^

Is it really necessary to have this amount of stuff in this day and age?

I mean on this board fans already see the actual leg delivery system of the VF-1 as a violation of the perfect transformation principle. They might not even consider this a transforming robot. :lol:

I had an attempted charge by BBTS today for the Not-Swoop Fall of Cybertron toy, sadly I didn't have the 80+ dollars to pay for it so I had to cancel the damn thing :(

That is so weird, I had a declined payment on Caelus as well. Logged back in shortly after receiving the email, input my CC info again, and everything went through that time. My only theory is that it had been so long since I ordered something from BBTS that they had my last CC expiration date on file.

I can't wait to get the little pterodactyl, Planet X has done a pretty terrific job with their first couple of offerings and seems to want to fill the FoC niche for fans. Scoria's (MP Slag) price point kind of turned me off from completing a set of MP Dinobots, so instead I'll try to complete the FoC Dinobots (fingers crossed that they'll keep em coming!). That Iron Army set for Grimlock is also incredible looking, I'm just waiting for my preferred store to put it up for order.

I secretly want it too. However I would prefer a MP Galvatron. Plus after their not-Predaking I think I will wait for reviews first.

I won't say no to an MP Galvatron, but UT's not-Galvatron will look way better with my CHUGs than the itty-bitty Universe one.

No, that was NECIO's digibash of how many people thought FP should have done it (that's how it was in G1---the car undersides were the front of the legs). You'll note he also swapped the colors around, so that the Ferrari is Wildrider (as it should have been IMHO).