But those aren't real G1 to me...that's just Japan G1 that slipped thru the cracks :p

They were featured prominently in the Marvel comic book (in a story arc where the Decepticons had an island resort for... some reason, and Blaster and Buster Witwicky went to infiltrate the island). If you buy Powermaster Prime as G1, who also didn't appear in the cartoon (aside from the CGI bits they added to the reruns), you gotta accept the Seacons too.

Seacons are totally US G1. I wanted them as a kid because I saw them on TV. (Granted it was a commercial and not an episode, but really, every episode was just a glorified commercial anyways)

Now, Raiden etc---those count as second-tier JP-only teams. But Piranacon is core US lineup. Just the tail end of it. (Still had black grid packaging and not gold like Monstuctor)

Based on reports of Hexatron, Mastermind is now #1, for quality/durability. And I think their Predacons could top that, since they won't need to change factories and repair mold sabotage this time around (which is why Hexatron was so delayed).

Short version:

MMC had designed Hexatron. Had molds at least partially tooled up. Factory basically blew them off and refused to actually finish the project and produce it. MMC eventually gave up on them and had to find new factory----but more importantly, get the master CAD files and molds from the original factory. Original factory were asses, and took forever to release MMC's own molds and files back to them, and seemed to have sabotaged a few critical parts first---small changes here and there that affected how things fit together, just to F'up MMC's plans, as it was hard for MMC to detect the subtle changes until they were further along and noticed things didn't work any more, when they had before.

All of this delayed Hexatron greatly, as MMC both had to change factories, get their original work back, AND repair the things that the first factory had sabotaged (and carefully check over every facet and every dimension of every part, looking for what else might have been 'altered') And that's also probably another factor that took a little time---the original factory altering things as "revenge" before giving it back to MMC.

MMC seems much happier with their new factory, as it seems they are competent (able to find tolerance/molding issues and fix them themselves), and aren't trying to actively screw MMC over. All of which bodes well for the current Predacon project and future ones.

Colored proto of IDW Prime. Eh, still not feeling it. Still looks a little too beefy.

Hegemon is pretty beefy so it's not a surprise there. But the head is just so god awful that I hope Dr Wu could fix that since Toyworld hasn't when they had the time.

Anyone else get their Hexatron? He is so massive I thought for sure he'd pass as a good Masterpiece figure instead of my ever so needy Generations.

However I got an issue and dunno if it's just me. The instructions are pretty bad imo, it's just hard for me to make out what to do in certain areas. But the weapons storage for vehicle modes, specifically on the legs, they're not big enough holes for the swords.

Edited by Hikuro

Colored proto of IDW Prime. Eh, still not feeling it. Still looks a little too beefy.

I love that Prime, but I would only get it, if it was at BBTS and the like

TFC doing Defensor, blah, Ariel bots were crap, combiner mode had a real lack of elbow articulation.

It was a step down from Hercules.

The head looks 10x better in color:

1077659_602937489748240_1760811607_o.jpg

(really, it's the "eyeliner" effect)

iGear is back to smoking crack, what the hell is this?

That looks silly as all hell.

iGear is back to smoking crack, what the hell is this?

That looks silly as all hell.

Why? Except for the dubious head sculpt I really like it. Although I definitely want a look at the underside of the jet.

27380312d1374973961-maketoys-quantron-im

He'll look much better with his giant cyber-bow-gun removed from behind his head and actually held as a weapon.

BTW, it does seem that against all common sense, Justitoys is going ahead with their Predaking. So yes, that means there's now FOUR third-party Predakings coming.

Out of all the proposed 3rd party projects that were revealed at TFCON, only Skyfire and FansProject's Roadbuster piqued my interest. Computron looks killer too.

KFC had some cool looking stuff. I'm liking their Cassette-bots and friggin' Sky-Byte. Oddly, I was most happy to see someone is doing an add on parts set for FOC Bruticus.

BTW, I don't think their really transformers at all but Ori toy's Acid Rain stuff looks AMAZING.

Quick question... has anybody ever heard of licensed third party toys before?

This guy is insisting that Sentinal Skorponoak is a licensed "third party", and that Hasbro/Takara is the first party. Never heard that before.

Quick question... has anybody ever heard of licensed third party toys before?

This guy is insisting that Sentinal Skorponoak is a licensed "third party", and that Hasbro/Takara is the first party. Never heard that before.

Technically speaking he's correct since Sentinel is not directly owned by HasTak (the first party) nor the consumer (second party) thus making them a third party with who are licensed to produce a toy based on HasTak's IP. In business, any company not owned by the seller or consumer who is involved in the manufacturing process can be considered a third party company.

In regards to transformers the term third party specifically refer to companies who produce transformers merchandise that aren't connected to Hasbro or Takara.

Edited by anime52k8

I guess, but I've never heard a company refer to themselves as releasing a lisensed third party product. Everybody knows it's associated with fan projects or whatever.

Edited by Gakken85

Videogames are the same------Nintendo's about the best example. Zelda and Mario games are developed by Nintendo themselves. Those are 'first party' games. But if say Capcom or Square makes a game for Nintendo---they are licensed and official games, but not "first party" games from Nintendo directly. Capcom etc are "third party" developers, who publish their games for Nintendo/Sony/MS.

Tengen would be the game equivalent to the most-common use of TF third-party terminology------unlicensed, but compatible.

Videogames are the same------Nintendo's about the best example. Zelda and Mario games are developed by Nintendo themselves. Those are 'first party' games. But if say Capcom or Square makes a game for Nintendo---they are licensed and official games, but not "first party" games from Nintendo directly. Capcom etc are "third party" developers, who publish their games for Nintendo/Sony/MS.

But what about when Capcom makes a Zelda game?

Something tells me that Gakken85's less confused over the "third-party" part and more confused over the "licensed" part. We talk about all kinds of unofficial, unlicensed third party stuff in this thread, but I can't remember anyone making a licensed third-party Transformer.

Yeah, I mean technically and legally it may be true - but no company or collector refers to it as such, and thus it's not really part of the language.

Third party means unofficial in like every collectors vocabulary. And I'm willing to bet that Sentinel wouldn't market it as a 3rd party anything haha.