HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

7 is not as awful as it's made out to be. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Instead of the old-school pop songs of the SDFM, it has an upbeat J-Rock beat in it. And instead of having a separate heroine for it, the main character is the one that does the singing. And if you do follow the story there's quite a good reason why singing prevails in fighting against those aliens.

7 is not as awful as it's made out to be.

You're right. It's worse. :p

Eh, to each their own. I personally found M7 to be unwatchable. And I've watched some pretty terrible stuff. I do love the mech designs, which is why I bought the latest M7 valks. The 17 is in my top 3-5 valk toys ever.

You're right. It's worse. :p

Eh, to each their own. I personally found M7 to be unwatchable. And I've watched some pretty terrible stuff. I do love the mech designs, which is why I bought the latest M7 valks. The 17 is in my top 3-5 valk toys ever.

Here's the rub really. Two guys above you say it's not that bad. I am in your camp... cannot watch it. I'll gladly keep buying these 17's if they'll keep making them though. Hell, I don't even own an 11B. I prefer the way the 11C's from 7 look more (minus the gun pods.) Now that I think about it I don't own a 21 either, they're all 22's from 7.

I'm with the group that does not like 7. I've watched it all the way through when i was on medical leave from work (maybe the medication i was on helped me get through it) and i recently tried to rewatch it, i just couldn't do it...

Put me down for the group that hates Macross 7. I too an very easy going in terms of liking anime, as I have liked and finished almost every series I've watched (I even enjoyed Mobile Fighter G Gundam [which has been known to be the Macross 7 of the Gundam world]), but I just couldn't stand Macross 7.

Maybe it's because I started off my interests in Macross with Macross Plus, or because I found myself falling asleep rather quickly while watching Macross 7, but the series was altogether just not relatable at all to me. Honestly, I tried hard to finish the series, but I just couldn't do it...

To each his own though!

Put me down for the group that hates Macross 7. I too an very easy going in terms of liking anime, as I have liked and finished almost every series I've watched (I even enjoyed Mobile Fighter G Gundam [which has been known to be the Macross 7 of the Gundam world]), but I just couldn't stand Macross 7.

Maybe it's because I started off my interests in Macross with Macross Plus, or because I found myself falling asleep rather quickly while watching Macross 7, but the series was altogether just not relatable at all to me. Honestly, I tried hard to finish the series, but I just couldn't do it...

To each his own though!

++++1

Aside from seeing Max and Milia again, Macross 7 was mostly terrible. It was like watching the Transformers movies and thinking how cool they'd have been if it weren't for Shia Lebouf and the actors playing his parents toxifying every scene they were in. :p Removing Basara and taking the whole singing angle back 10 or 12 notches would've done wonders. Alas, to each their own... lol

I am neutral on Mac7. But the battle scenes are a bit silly and footages repeated too many times. It felt like spam at that point.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, Macross Zero has the best combat scenes of the Macross series. Your jaw drops to the floor when Roy's VF-0S first swoops over Shin and Sara and switches to battloid mode. You are like..."F****n awesome!"

• 2 weeks later...

heh!

finally ordered the VF-11B. still pricey, but don't think the price will ever be as low as 9400y.

really tempted to get the TV-Roy, but already preordered the upcoming new options-equipped version.

and, man!

the Hikky-1J's already backordered and that doesn't even come with the grey-visor and/or the option-parts! this mecha's just so beloved...

Yep, got my first VF-11B!! Been waiting for the price to drop, why is this sucker so expensive compared to the others? Yay! at least I'll be able to zoom this around in the near future - I'll grow old if I have to wait till I build my Hasegawa 1/72 kit!

Picked up a TV 1S too... figured the option parts that come with the 2012 release just ain't worth that much for me to spend that much more just to have them.

Ditto. I just wanted to have a TV 1S in the ver.2 1/60 format and I got it for a great price thanks to HLJ sales, a little bit of patience and a heads up from all of you guys :D !

Oy.. I finally looked at the prices and caved. $60 for 1/60 VF-1s is just too good to pass up. Picked up a TV Roy and Kakizaki, plus the updated kit version with the option parts packed in. :) Tacked on the ghost booster for fun, since I've got the A version, but actually like the plain gray one better.

I think that puts me at ...wow. 17 V.2 VF-1s. :blink: Is it bad that now I actually want a VE-1 so I can have a nice even 18? :p

Edited by Chronocidal

Considering the size of a single valk, I don't think you're adding much to order two over a single, but the difference will depend on the box size they use probably. I've never done a proper comparison of shipping costs really, but others here might know more actual numbers.