The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I think that was the single most tragic scene for me when I first watched the movie as a kid -- even worse then when Optimus Prime dies.

I don't know. I was shocked when Prowl and Ironhide died, but I cried when Optimus died. Dad thought he was going to have to take me out of the theater.

I don't know. I was shocked when Prowl and Ironhide died, but I cried when Optimus died. Dad thought he was going to have to take me out of the theater.

Optimus Prime's death was intended to elicit more emotional reaction by design -- he's their leader, and the most iconic Autobot. But he died with honor and dignity, taking out Megatron in the process while saving the rest of the Autobots. Prowl got taken out worse than VF-1A cannon fodder. Just look at the poor guy's face, it's practically crying out "Why??????"

In all seriousness though, I remember the TV commercials at the time teasing the audience by asking "Will Optimus Prime die???" And of course, I said "No way they'd kill Prime... they're just trying to hype it up to sell tickets." Keep in mind that this was after dozens of episodes of the TV show where the Autobots got shot at, and at worst they got some minor wound that Ratchet or Wheeljack would patch up and they'd be back in action the next episode. But when Prowl bought it in the movie, I was thinking, "Wait... what?? Did that just happen? He ACTUALLY died???" After that, all bets were off!

Haha. I just remember thinking it was awesome that Ultra Magnus said the "D" Word. I remember talking to my friend and how hardcore that was for a cartoon!

My brother had prime, so it didn't bother me much when he died! haha.

That's how his feet are "suppose" to look. If they didn't look like that it wouldn't look like his G1 or the cartoon.

I'm not too crazy about the hollow back of the legs either, and I mention that in my video review, but it's a small complaint with so much awesome going on.

That movie was cinematically awesome.

That scene was epic, loud rock music, the Decepticon attack.

Prowl takes two the the chest, dies on screen.

Ratchet takes a hit and does IronHide.

Except after Megatron gives the plan about vanquishing the autobots.

Iron Hide reaches up, "noo..."

Then the line to end all lines by Megatron..

"Such heroic nonsense"

Bam!

Damn that was a great scene!

Guest davidwhangchoi

nice vid

you forgot to say "transform" and roll out... other than that it was a cool vid. jk, it was really good!

question: did you get a coin with it?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

/weeps.

I envy you guys who got in on the hlj pre-order of MP-17. I have Prowl bundled with another figure at TFSource. In addition to paying more, I'm also in pre-order limbo. I've been reading up on them and have discovered that is their usual business practice...Bah! It may be bad luck, but it is also annoying.

Optimus Prime's death was intended to elicit more emotional reaction by design -- he's their leader, and the most iconic Autobot. But he died with honor and dignity, taking out Megatron in the process while saving the rest of the Autobots. Prowl got taken out worse than VF-1A cannon fodder. Just look at the poor guy's face, it's practically crying out "Why??????"

In all seriousness though, I remember the TV commercials at the time teasing the audience by asking "Will Optimus Prime die???" And of course, I said "No way they'd kill Prime... they're just trying to hype it up to sell tickets." Keep in mind that this was after dozens of episodes of the TV show where the Autobots got shot at, and at worst they got some minor wound that Ratchet or Wheeljack would patch up and they'd be back in action the next episode. But when Prowl bought it in the movie, I was thinking, "Wait... what?? Did that just happen? He ACTUALLY died???" After that, all bets were off!

Yeah... I was six. I wasn't thinking about it that hard. All I knew was that I'd just watched the bot I looked to as a father figure (my actual dad worked second shift, so I never saw him except on weekends) had just died in front of me. I was pretty traumatized.

Costco has Metroplex for $79.99.

Too bad I'm not a member... and the only one even remotely close is in a really bad neighborhood. I'll wait and see if he turns up anywhere else. He is supposed to be a regular retail release, right?

Does the Megatron masterpiece reissue mean we should all lose hope of a Megatron 2.0? Also did Megatron get the KO treatment? I've noticed a very steady stream of Megatrons from China on eBay. Finally, I also noticed that there are KOs of the masterpiece tapes circulating just as a heads-up.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Does the Megatron masterpiece reissue mean we should all lose hope of a Megatron 2.0? Also did Megatron get the KO treatment? I've noticed a very steady stream of Megatrons from China on eBay. Finally, I also noticed that there are KOs of the masterpiece tapes circulating just as a heads-up.

they did this fro mp-01/04 prime, reissued him then rolled out a new mold soon after. the tfw2005 forums is suspecting the same thing w mp-05, (i'm so tired i'll try to find the posts in a bit)

Yeah, Mentioned the tape KO's last page. Did you see that MP-23 leaked?

MP Megatron was way to complex to be KO'd imo. I think they were just selling off all the stock that's left.

As far as I've heard that old mold is dead and won't be used again, much with Takara's Grimlock.

Though, unlock grimlock, Megatron is out of scale and a really unpopular figure.

I could see a renewal, but I haven't heard anything beyond MP-25.

Mp-23 hasn't leaked nothin! technically speaking MP-22 hasn't actually been confirmed.

Also I have a hard time believing Blaster would be in front of a 2.0 Meg's

Or a Galvatron.

Blaster requires a completely new mold from MP-13. The G1 designs shared nothing other than being music players

Plus there's absolutely no one between TFW, Tformers, Sieberton,Toyworld even discussing

Anything past the rumored Ultra Magnus.

I'll worry about 23 after I've seen 20 and 21' s proto pictures.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hi jenius, sorry i was at work late and knonked out when i got home. here's the posts talking over this on tfw2005

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/500448-new-end-all-all-masterpiece-speculation-thread-1693.html

Does the Megatron masterpiece reissue mean we should all lose hope of a Megatron 2.0? I've noticed a very steady stream of Megatrons from China on eBay.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Local TRU had a couple Thundercracker on the shelf again at the same $75? right next to spots for Acid Storm and Soundwave though they were gone (and had a Metroplex in their spot, as well). I thought they clearanced all the Thunderchickens at Christmas?

Local TRU had a couple Thundercracker on the shelf again at the same $75? right next to spots for Acid Storm and Soundwave though they were gone (and had a Metroplex in their spot, as well). I thought they clearanced all the Thunderchickens at Christmas?

My local TRU never clearanced him. I know, because I wasn't paying $75 for him, but I figured if I saw him for $50 or less I'd bite.

My local TRU never clearanced him. I know, because I wasn't paying $75 for him, but I figured if I saw him for $50 or less I'd bite.

Never ever seen any clearance-downpricing of TF-Masterpiece (Grimmy, Rodi, TCrack) items specifically in TRU.

They either stick to that $75 no matter what, or just remove the item entirely from store and inventory.

At least in their retail stores.

TRU-Online might do it differently, tho.

Edited by treatment

Well sweet!

My favorite pose:

Cy4xklD.jpg

QYcunWM.jpg

0VkgQ1b.jpg

Those pics are awesome. MP Prowl has been my most wanted TF since I bought the original in '84, and realized with disappointment I could never make him look like his box art b/c he was a brick. My MP Prowl now stands alongside MP Sideswipe in my living room, doing his box pose...and I giggle like a little girl everytime I see him, such is the sheer awesomeness. From the bottom of my heart, domo arigato gozaimasu, Takara!

I do hope a new MP megs is in the works. I have the first MP Megs and he was disappointing for so many reasons, esp after the awesomeness that is MP-01 OP. That said, I didn't jump when the new MP Prime was out last year, so I hope there'll be a reissue at some point.