The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I picked up one the sole remaining Thundercracker today. Haven't had the MP11 mold before and I think it complements my MP3 mold US Skywarp pretty well. Now i just want another US release of Starscream to complete the triad of original Seekers. I do like the weathering on the WalMart MP3 variant but would like the skirts on the MP11 better... I'll hope Hasbro gives me the best of both worlds for this Christmas.

Edited by Uxi

It appears Harmony Gold and Hasbro decided to settle things out of court over the SDCC Jet Fire.

You know what this means? Harmony Gold has enough money to stay in business for at least another year.

Bloody parasites.

Saw the "leader" prime toy from the new movie...dem kibble.

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow, thanks skull, that's great news... i've been hunting for him at a decent price forever. looks like it will be released in Japan, i'm, hoping hlj, hs and amiami carries it

Really happy that the Masterpiece line continues to do well, I would actually love if they made some characters from the 1986 movie like Kup, Springer, Arcee, Galvatron, Cyclonus, etc.

Granted Optimus, Prowl, Soundwave and Grimlock were all in the film, but some of the other characters like Hot Rod/Rodimus that were created for the movie.

I would also love to be able to find some of the TRU releases at an actual TRU.

-b.

edit for correction

Edited by Kanedas Bike

wow, thanks skull, that's great news... i've been hunting for him at a decent price forever. looks like it will be released in Japan, i'm, hoping hlj, hs and amiami carries it

Yep, I pre-ordered with BBTS just in case, normally HLJ hasn't been getting the new reissues,

So I'm not taking a chance. But if BBTS is 214, then the Japanese retailers will probably be around 160$ or so.

* Price is now 199$, this looks to be an actual reissue straight from Takara!!!!

Edited by skullmilitia

Glad I picked up an old run MISB Takara Grimlock for $190 2 weeks ago.

If this is the same batch as the AE exclusive the legs and arms were really floppy.

I asked Lunar about it and he had no idea about this version, his sources told them they were locking away the mold.

So this must be a whole nother pressing.

I told him to double check his sources :D

Edited by Gakken85

Ooh, hopefully a good sign that Hasbro will get another go at Grimlock, too. Wonder what this "flaming sword" is about? Did they ditch the light gimmick?

So, I've learned that this is not a "Takara" reissue. It's a Hasbro Asia release.

It's coming in the MP-08 box, just like the MP-10 reissue.

It's apparently an exact reissue of MP-08, with the new coin transformer and flame add on.

So if you missed out on Grimmy before, here's your chance.

But it will probably suffer from loose joints just like the convention version.

I thought I was going to be passing on these Autobots. I think I can pass on Prowl but will probably get one of his repaints. Still wanting Sideswipe (will probably settle for a KO since not seeing for it $50'ish and $80 is too much), too.

I think its a flame cover for the sword, not a paint job.

Besides, all the coloring and paint apps for King is property of Ehobby. Can't reprint it without their permission.

It seems to be something you actually put on the sword.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

Don't forget TFsource is offering free shipping on it.

thanks! i actually been reading some negative stuff about TFsource on the tfw2005 forums where peoples credits cards get swiped once or twice a month bc the site isn't secure and some issues with customer service so i might go with BBTS and just pay the shipping for the peace of mind. btw, did you happen to cancel an mp-10 with them? how did they respond (if you did).

I'm confused. What is the real difference, besides the price and the availability to Japanese retailers? Are the Takara Transformers actually made in a different location (for instance, Japan versus Vietnam)? Or are they made in the same location but with different teams of workers? For instance, Takara releases get the seasoned factory veterans with better tools and equipment and Hasbro releases get the rookies with only sufficient equipment.

It won't hit any Jspanese retailers if it's a Hasbro Asia release.

If it's an actual Takara reissue (unlikely) then there is a chance.

Who confirmed it as a Hasbro Asia release?

If so it's probably the same run as the AE grimlock. They probably did both releases at the same time, and slapped them in different boxes.

I think the Takara Japan market toys just have a higher level of quality control, as they are inspected before they come to Japan. Kind of like with Bandai when they inspect SOC releases.

I don't think any toys are made in Japan anymore, other than maybe some model kits for Gundam.

Edited by Gakken85

I'm confused. What is the real difference, besides the price and the availability to Japanese retailers? Are the Takara Transformers actually made in a different location (for instance, Japan versus Vietnam)? Or are they made in the same location but with different teams of workers? For instance, Takara releases get the seasoned factory veterans with better tools and equipment and Hasbro releases get the rookies with only sufficient equipment.

Hasbro only licenses the molds from Takara. then they can produce them wherever they want at the specifications they want (eg. kind of plastic, paint application) and set their own QC standards.

so yes, Hasbro products are produced separately from Takara.

I originally thought it was just an inflated price, since the Toys-R-Us releases of Masterpiece figures in Asia are basically the same as those in the US. Also, the The MP-10 reissue that I have is a very nice figure, although it isn't indicative of the larger production run. I do not have any complaints.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what the facts are as more information comes out.