The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Hey, TFSource sent a happy e-mail my way! Yesterday, I received notice that my MP-13 pre-order shipped. Since Soundwave has been available everywhere else, I almost felt bad about this purchase but I think waiting did me some good in the end. Also, early last week I received a shipping notice for Hyper Novae. Very exciting!

Grimlock is in the queue, but I'm also interested to see if he shows up at the usual Japanese retailers.

Edited by technoblue

Awesome job. How long did that take you?

The only time consuming is waiting for the silver paint to dry, they paint spray the red over. I don't have an airbrush nor I've ever use one, so I just spay can it. To take the head pieces apart, just unscrew two screw from the back of SW's head, with a razor cut the left and the right side (because they glue them together).

TRU SW comes with a yellow clear visor with a chrome piece for the back.

On other news: NY requested for payment and paid, for MP Bluestreak, releasing on Oct. 26.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

Cool! Looks good :D

I heard that the Takara Grimlock is mostly just a rumor at this point and isn't even finalized... I have a feeling the final cost will be a lot more than $200 dollars.

If it is, keep your pre-order with BBTS for now, other than the sound wave fiasco they usually honor

Preorder price.

If this is a Takara release, and it's available in Jan, then PO's for Japanese stores should

Open no later then the end of the month. It's normally a 3 month window.

Still, something doesn't feel right.

Edited by skullmilitia

I have the original Alert and just picked up KO Alert, just to see what the different is. The KO share the same mold, but not the same quality, and the image on the box seem like it was a scan from the original and print. I would not recommend picking up a KO to anyone.

Could you post some pics of the KO?

My version is official, but unfortunately it's a 3c version with the white chinese sticker on the back.

Lunar posted an article on his facebook on how to peel it off without damaging your box so I guess I have a project tonight.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

Is this a poem? I thought they were song lyrics, but couldn't figure out the rhythm.

MP-10 Haiku!

Masterpiece Optimus

Extended arms look derpy

Version 2 point 0h

Optimus trailer

the fun of driving out cars

only fun to be had

lol... you guys are crazy :wacko:
Edited by davidwhangchoi

I don't know, his arms are limited in articulation, it's very hard to get a good solid double handling

Gun pose. I dunno, just ain't right. Although I maybe judging harshly since he's next to some valks.

I know how you feel. Every time I handle him I think why don't the knees bend more, why is the arm movement so limited; all I want is Convoy holding his gun with two hands. :wacko:

But he looks good standing heroic on the shelf looking pretty and it is a fun toy to play around with.

Maybe I'm just a spoiled child. :D

It eases the pain a bit that I only have the black version. I think if I've bought the regular release I would be disappointed.

Comparing a Masterpiece

to a Valkyrie

is dangerous business.

The shine, oh the shine!

In all seriousness, the higher quality does spoil me. And although I try not to nitpick things, I have noticed that general retail voyager- and deluxe-sized transformers do not catch my eye as they once did. I consider it a blessing, because I know I am buying stuff that I will mess around with or appreciate in some way. As soon as it isn't fun anymore, I'll probably sell it all or give it away.