The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

Thanks, shipping to East Coast, NJ is 58.37 EMS + 5.52 for insurance for mp-10 making the total 303.79.

(42.09 air mail + 1.40 insurance = 283.39)

I looked at robot kingdom today for MP-10 and they raised the airmail shipping cost to 57.51usd

and ems is 78.55

very shady...

update: this is robot kingdoms reply below

Hello,

The Shipping weight was raised due to the heavy weight of the stand and the item.
Yours Sincerely,

Daniel

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

no, i just put in an estimate this morning on the site and those figures came up. i emailed robot kingdom to correct the shipping calculation errors stating the previous numbers i got and mentioned other forum members shipping price paid and that was his response.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Doesn't sound shady at all, the original price was a guess that they honored, now they've updated it to be the actual price after having shipped a bunch out.

Jenius, is the extra stand heavy? i know you mentioned they don't come inside the mp-10 box. Robot kingdom has sold the mp-10 before so they have experience shipping the dimensions and weight of the box, i can't imagine the price to jump 20 bucks an additional stand packed in via EMS.

Guest davidwhangchoi

angolz and a few hk sites does the same practice messing with the shipping, making them similar to practices on ebay.

for angloz, i put a vf-1a mass on sale in the cart and shipping was 30usd. = 100 usd. i took out the vf-1a mass and added in a roy tv 1/60 same size box in the cart and shipping was 21usd. (roy was not on sale at the time about 115usd). so i caught on that angolz customizes shipping for each item to the final price. the other site that does this is iplamo, another hk site.

anyways, robot kingdom airmail which was 283 total to my house is now a perfect 299 total which matches bbts and tfsource. so i feel it is dishonest to have changes in shipping instead of just upfront raising the price of the items. it's a bit deceptive. hlj, hobby search, amiami, does not do this. NY did it for the vf-4 charging about 60 bucks + making ems mandatory. but i think they stopped that practice recently.

BBTS TFsource never over charge shipping but gouge you shamelessly upfront without even knowing manufactures retail cost.

anyways i was tempted to get grimlock for 350 with MP-10 240 and combine shipping(which i was trying every configuration of pulling/putting in the cart to see whats going on when i noticed the high shipping prices for EMS.) but now i'm staying away and just getting mp-10 from tfsource.

My only critique of TFSource is of the posted release date estimates. The accuracy can be way off depending on the pre-order. Otherwise, I do like the free shipping bonus and the extra care that goes into packaging. I also like how it is easy to browse the third-party figures on the site.

It's somebody I didn't have as a kid so I'm pretty stoked.

Why? Because I can! haha. Also don't want to get anybody in trouble...

Maybe I'll give an uber obscure hint.

Edited by Gakken85

There's not a whole lot of small Decepticons.

Which kind of sucks.

Tak needs to tackle the coneheads.

Outside of shockwave, they are last of the iconic S1

Figures, that aren't Combiners.

Gakken- why brag man, say it or don't say it.

Honestly, I think Insecticons are both more interesting and more iconic than coneheads, and they'd work fine at the smaller MP size. There's also Astrotrain and Blitzwing, although both of those would need to be soundwave size or bigger.

Guest davidwhangchoi
I didn't even ask again and Just got another e-mail from RK why the shipping prices were raised so much...

Hello,

Thank you for your help.
Indeed, the weight of the stands exceeded our expectation.
Yours Sincerely,
Daniel

Other than the Japanese only transformers figures. As far as the G1 line goes, after Soundwave we basically need Shockwave and of course a Megatron 2.0.

The Insecticons wouldn't be a bad choice for the deluxe MP scale figures in the 50$ range. However I think that Takara should do a combiner, whether it's Devy or Brute. Release one figure every two months. With Devy all the figures would fit in the deluxe scale and in 12 months you'd have a finished Devy. Brute wouldn't work as well, plus I hate thinking of Blastoff as a tiny deluxe.

Either way with brutie you'd have Onslaught being a 100+ figure.

Still, with Sideswipe, Red Alert, Prowl, Streak, Smoke, Wheeljack, Bee, Jazz (rumored) and Ultra Magnus.

We should expect the next one to be a deception.

Why, Takara would probably be way better proportioned, cheaper and have die cast.

Plus they would be cartoon accurate.

Diecast? Like MP-10, Starscream, Sideswipe, and Prowl? Diecast is basically gone from MP's. A single "core spine piece", if that. FT's Quakewave has more diecast than anything Takara's made in years.

Better proportioned/cartoon accurate---well, I mean, do you really want your ultimate Devastator looking EXACTLY like this:

TFTM_Devastator.jpg

I mean, look at his feet. Cartoon-accurate would look awful for the individual robot and vehicle modes. Plus he's "impossibly over-simplified". No wheels or anything. Just green blocks.

Cartoon-accurate is flat-out impossible for some things---in combined mode, Long Haul's entire bed is purple---yet he's all-green in vehicle and robot mode. And good luck getting a cement mixer out of that left leg.

Altering the basic look enough to make decent-looking bots and vehicles---you're going to end up with something pretty close to what MT and TFC already did. The combiners were grossly oversimplified for the animators----their figures are always going to be the least "cartoon-accurate" of all.

MP-10 has a fair amount of diecast.

MP-13 has a little bit.

I don't think they really need them.... it just gets in the way of the transformation and adds unneeded weight.

Anyway, I think Takara could do a better Job.

--

So a hint on the MP that I know about.. It's not a decepticon. So that narrows it down... haha

Edited by Gakken85

In the midst of all the Masterpiece renewals overseas, the folks at Transformer World have noted that the US is getting a renewal release of Prime Deluxe figures. I wonder if this could lead to our own Masterpiece renewal over the holidays?

What Masterpiece figures might me good contenders for Hasbro US? Optimus? Starscream? Grimlock? Something else?

I would love to see Grimlock or Starscream in the new MP packaging at TRU.

Edited by technoblue

...its Blaster. So we can get a repaint and a bunch more overpriced tapes.

Who told you? haha.

It will probably come with rewind since he's cheap to engineer. They are already halfway there with frenzy and rumble.

You'll have to pay for the design of ramhorn ect.

Got some goodies today!

RBO9j5Il.jpg

I can confirm that the stand is pretty heavy...at least a pound maybe?

The packaging for the stand is pretty cool, it has a red and black carbon fiber look.

The stand itself is really high quality... best stand I've ever gotten with a figure in terms of heft. You have to screw it together.

The fit on prime is nice. Nothing is loose, very tight and stiff.

8Dp25Jtl.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

In the midst of all the Masterpiece renewals overseas, the folks at Transformer World have noted that the US is getting a renewal release of Prime Deluxe figures. I wonder if this could lead to our own Masterpiece renewal over the holidays?

What Masterpiece figures might me good contenders for Hasbro US? Optimus? Starscream? Grimlock? Something else?

Those aren't renewals, they're just a second production run of old figures.

To which I respond "why?". They were everywhere for a few months.

There should be no discussion on hidden renewal'd MP's. We all know

Hasbro doesn't work that way.. Or fast. If they don't announce something at NYCC there's

Nothing even planned until after Toy Fair.

Blaster? Eh meh kinda, I had Blaster as a kid and only liked him because

He was the biggest of my transformers. I'll buy the cassettes as singles, but

Meh on that. That'll be saved money.

Diecast? Like MP-10, Starscream, Sideswipe, and Prowl? Diecast is basically gone from MP's. A single "core spine piece", if that. FT's Quakewave has more diecast than anything Takara's made in years. Better proportioned/cartoon accurate---well, I mean, do you really want your ultimate Devastator looking EXACTLY like this:TFTM_Devastator.jpgI mean, look at his feet. Cartoon-accurate would look awful for the individual robot and vehicle modes. Plus he's "impossibly over-simplified". No wheels or anything. Just green blocks.Cartoon-accurate is flat-out impossible for some things---in combined mode, Long Haul's entire bed is purple---yet he's all-green in vehicle and robot mode. And good luck getting a cement mixer out of that left leg.Altering the basic look enough to make decent-looking bots and vehicles---you're going to end up with something pretty close to what MT and TFC already did. The combiners were grossly oversimplified for the animators----their figures are always going to be the least "cartoon-accurate" of all.

What I meant was better than TFC's roid rage Devy and Make toys flimsy derpy Devy.

The problem I have with transformers fans in General is if someone makes a half assed toy,

Just better then Hasbro everyone jumps on the band wagon.

Aside from MMC's Predaking KO, all the 3P Combiners are shitacular and overpriced Fan wallet

Vampires. People are just too damn impatient for something to be done right.

Anything Takara ends up doing will be on a different tier of perfection

Compared to the rest. Plus I'm more on paying the guys with the actual legal

Right to make the figures as well, not to mention Takara is the source on the source archive

Of information on the characters.

Cartoon accurate is a perspective. But it's also artistic integrity.

It means I expect real elbows, proportioned heads, arms and legs.

You know, the crap the right way.

Also, I'd like to point out that the claims that the lighter blue is more cartoon accurate is a bit pie in the sky.

27394750d1380958162-new-end-all-all-mastoptimus_prime.jpg

8070950102_6481ac7c9a_z.jpg

If I had no idea who optimus prime was and I had to match the two, I'd say Takara's looks more accurate. Hasbro's doesn't look like anything other than ugly :D

Edited by Gakken85

Who told you? haha.

It will probably come with rewind since he's cheap to engineer. They are already halfway there with frenzy and rumble.

You'll have to pay for the design of ramhorn ect.

NEED BLASTER... :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Jazz, Blaster and G2 Grimlock are my 3 most wanted things in Masterpiece right now so...

I could see MP-11 Starscream getting a US release, and Given how stupidly high MP Grimlock prices have gotten across the board I'd love to see him get reissued at TRU prices.