The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

My MP Streak have been shipped out today from NY, should arrive in two weeks. The US Customs at LAX always hold my package for a least one week.

I've always throught Bluestreak was blue and silver, because of the name, and the bluestreak in the cartoon was a different charactor.

From Hasbro's online catalogue list. No other information yet.

------------------------------------------------------

GENERATIONS

Leaders: *NOTE THESE ARE SPECIFICALLY LISTED AS GENERATIONS 30TH LEADERS.
- Jetfire
- Megatron

Voyagers:
- Brainstorm
- Roadbuster
- Sky-Byte

Deluxes:
- Arcee
- Chromia
- Jhiaxus
- Hardhead
- Crosscut
- Nightbeat
- Rattrap
- Tankor
- Tank

Legends:
- Brawn w/ Mudslinger
- Gears w/ Eagle Eye
- Cliffjumper w/ ?
- Gnaw w/ Gnash

------------------------------------------------------

Some Kreo and other stuff as well...

Don't get me wrong, Beast Wars was one of my favorite Transformers shows, and the first with decent writing. But robots that turn into animals don't interest me (excluding the odd subgroup). It's kind of like Animated... I loved the cartoon, but I didn't bother with the toys, because the aesthetic didn't work for me.

And, Beast Wars was on when I was in high school. G1 was on when I was 5. The kid in me is definitely biased, and he wants a better G1 Megatron for his classics shelf than the mediocre Classics one.

They had just updated the list, MP Sideswipe is come too!

Sweet! I didn't expect they'd get the license from the Volkswagen Group, and I was set to pass on this entirely because I didn't feel like paying Takara prices for a toy that's slightly larger than a Deluxe. If the Hasbro release comes in around $30-40, though, I'm sold.

Glad to see Megatron finally making it back to the leader class list. I hope the design's going to be either the IDW bomber or Tank. Pretty sure Hasbro's staying away from guns (except Nerf designs, which I don't want). I don't collect BW figs, so a T-Rex Megs would be pointless for me. Loved the show, but didn't really like the toys.

Jetfire's a bit of a surprise, considering the whole GI Joe fiasco with HG.

Good to see Arcee's getting a deluxe fig, too. Jhiaxus's presence in the list probably means it's likely be inspired by the IDW design, which I'm perfectly okay with.

Sweet! I didn't expect they'd get the license from the Volkswagen Group, and I was set to pass on this entirely because I didn't feel like paying Takara prices for a toy that's slightly larger than a Deluxe. If the Hasbro release comes in around $30-40, though, I'm sold.

Going on past Tak-Has releases..

Tak MP-10 = 260$

Has MP-10 = 130$

Tak SW = 120$ (+ cassettes = 30$ x 2 ) 180$

Has SW = 120$

Tak SS = 52$

Hasbro's Sideswipe should be no more then 20-25$

Tak MP-10 = 260$

Has MP-10 = 130$

Has SW = 120$

Tak SS = 52$

meh.

I say US$50-$60 and TRU-exclusive.

:mellow:

Maybe Hasbro will go with the lower price but with "Hasbro MP-10" molded red plastic rather than red paint apps?

That's my guess. They didn't even spring for some "essential" paint-apps on MP Rodimus, I doubt they'd paint even more for Sideswipe. However, doing so will present issues with the roof/doors, as they are molded in smoke plastic. Though I've actually advocated before to mold those parts in red, then paint the windows with black. The "clear" parts on Sideswipe are SO dark you can't see through them anyways---so why not just mold them in red, and no worry about having bad paint? 90% of the paint issues on MP Sideswipe tend to be on the roof/windows because of that.

That, or it'll look a lot like the G1 toy, with a painted roof and windows, and molded hood-----and have REALLY bad color-matching compared to the Takara release.

Tak MP-10 = 260$

Has MP-10 = 130$

Has SW = 120$

Tak SS = 52$

Sideswipe will most likely not be 25 dollars, don't be surprised if the price is around 45-60 dollars. None of the Hasbro releases have been under the 50 dollar price range since Walmart released Skywarp. TRU's Thundercracker despite being a retooling of the Seeker mold was the most expensive of the seekers.

If it's more than 30$, say hello to the first lingering shelf warmer.

It'll MSRP for $40~$50, last on TRU's website for about 5 minutes, then be almost impossible to find at physical stores for $60+.

Rodimus was the twice the size, 4 extra accessories and a target master for 65$

It was online for awhile, I mean days.

No way can tiny MP-12 mold be justified on a retail shelf for less than 35$

Even Thundercracker was 60$ and he's bigger than Rodimus.

Also, the KO market on these gave a lot of collectors the chance to already

Own it. For Hasbro it's too little too late, and don't be greedy with an already saturated

Secondary market.

I like my black Rodimus even with the broken knee joint.... maybe because of its price tag.

On the other hand this mold and the MP-01B where my first Masterpiece TFs and I was fairly disappointed in the quality after handling some of Bandais collector stuff (namely the Renewal VF-25s).

Edited by Scyla

Ah, this is all a false alarm. If you read through the thread this is just a menu to request help on their site for their products.

So if you bought a Takara Sideswipe they will support it somehow?

I still don't think their will be a sideswipe issued for Hasbro. Bro.

Edited by Gakken85

US rodimus was also an ugly repaint of a shitty, broken mold that didn't come with the single largest part of the Japanese release.

US Rodimus was based on the 2nd edition release which had the supposed fixes. Granted it didn't come with his trailer but I mean really? I enjoy the figure and seeing how I keep him in Robot mode I could care less about his space winabago mode.

And let's not forget, there've been almost zero solid confirmation of a sideswipe coming state side. When I see an official notice with a most likely 50-60 dollar price tag (Cause I'm sure it will be) I'll believe it.

Either way, if the masterpiece toy is affordable to me, I'll pick it up from Takara. Been doing that for years and I'm excited that next week I'll be seeing my Bluestreak and can relax a little bit between releases since I'm not that interested in Soundblaster.