The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm thinking if HLJ gets the VF-25A in stock (which I'm pretty sure they will) I'll get one and ship the first two Datsuns with my 25A.

25a is in stock now!

And...UPS delivered MP-10 today...

Looking at it up close, I have to say that I am even more of a fan of Takara's paint scheme. The eyes are not an issue for me, either. Although better light piping would have improved the natural blue glow tremendously, I think the eyes still do a good job of catching light at various angles. Most of the photographs I've seen are not showing the effect very well. Mm, it's a small criticism.

Like jenius, I also received the stand separately and a collector's coin. Maybe both items are standard for the renewal release? My MP-10 pre-order was from BBTS.

The box reminds me of Yamato's packaging for the 1/48 series: squarish. I like it. I may have more time to mess around with it this weekend. For now, I just opened the box and checked everything out. At the moment, since I am selling Hasbro's MP-10, the only Transformer I have out of its box in this scale is FT-03 Quakewave.

My other pending pre-orders are renewal MP-13 Soundwave, MP-17 Prowl, and the third-party PE-DX02 Aranea (not Blackarachnia).

Takara prime > Hasbro prime. The hasbro prime looks like a 10 year old vomited crayons on it :D

Could not disagree more. Yes, the blue is a little too light, but the Takara paint is bordering on purple. The Takara paint seems closer to the original G1 toy, but not the Optimus in my head (mostly the old cartoon and more recent comic books). Prime's blue should be more gray than purple.

Even if I did like the Takara blue better, the cold, dead eyes would ruin it for me.

And that's assuming all things are equal, which they're not. Importing a Takara is significantly more expensive. I might consider paying Takara prices for a cool repaint (I passed on Nemesis Prime because I'm kind of sick of black Prime repaints, but I'd commit to buying an MP Pepsi Prime), but not when there's a similar-enough alternative. It's the same reason I held off for US MP Soundwave, even though in that case I do readily admit that I like the Takara paint job better on that one.

Guest davidwhangchoi

So it looks like the Asia MP-10 is just the Takara release with a stand and coin.
So with that, I'm glad I just kept my Tak one.

yeah, since you got one i guess you don't need to spend another 300 and can save for the yf-19

i never owned one so i have to get one.

I know Lunar's are in the air, so He'll probably start shipping out any day now.

Probably the same with TF source.

Gakken did you get any update from Luna on MP-10? let us know when they ship yours.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah, since you got one i guess you don't need to spend another 300 and can save for the yf-19

i never owned one so i have to get one.

I'm in the same boat. I think it is nice that everyone is getting the coin in addition to the stand, although I don't collect the coins either.

And now that I have had both the Hasbro and Takara MP-10 in front of me I can say that I don't think either score perfect color accuracy. However, I find there is more to like with Takara's MP-10. I like having more paint on the figure and the trailer, I like having a silver Roller, I like the extra shading on the windows, and I actually prefer the eyes. I also find the dark blue accents (legs and such) match my G1 Optimus and I do not see any purple in that mix.

I know I am part of the minority on the eyes, but with good lighting they do shine. It's just too bad that the head didn't have some light piping included, then I don't think anyone would have complained about them. With paint, you lose the effect altogether and even the painted style is hard to see in shadow.

Alas, my Hasbro Masterpiece will be heading off to its new owner on Monday. I couldn't justify keeping both of them.

Edited by technoblue

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm in the same boat. I think it is nice that everyone is getting the coin in addition to the stand, although I don't collect the coins either.

Alas, my Hasbro Masterpiece will be heading off to its new owner on Monday. I couldn't justify keeping both of them.

yeah, if u had both i would probably sell off the TRU version. good choice:)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Ha! He better not!

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT42286/Sci

He was only 130$ list price the first time around.

If this is any higher than 150$, Hasbro Asia will officially become

a price scalper manufacturer!

Truthfully iGear's seekers were better done then the MP-11 mold.

So I'm not even going to consider it unless the price, is as was before.

Unless HA thinks they can use BBTS pricing, then of course they will sell it

For no less then 200$. Funny enough, I remember MP-11 hanging out on BBTS for

months. Hopefully this isn't going to be a market killer because the demand is inflated

by eBay prices.

Personally I like iGears mold first, then the Kawamori mold, then the MP-11.

The feet just kill the beauty of the fighter mode on the mp-11.

There's a time to look G1 and cartoon, and there's a time to put more detail into the vehicle mode.

I imagine it will be close to secondary market prices.

What I'm hearing is that Takara doesn't put out a price for their items anymore. They wait for big retailer to release it for pre-order, (Which they do way ahead of time without knowing the price) and then Takara jacks it up to compensate so they can make money.

Nobody knew the price of MP-10, but then places like TFsource and BBTS put $300 dollars on it and Takara marks it up for everybody. Technically it would have been cheaper, like $200 or so, but the big retailers are screwing the whole mark and going full Ebay. Takara isn't going to sell it to the jerks at BBTS for $150 when they are asking $300 at PO 8 months out.

That's also part of the reason Lunar waits so long to put up his prices. Once it's jacked up, everybody has to take a bite of the crap sandwhich.

So yeah, that's who you can blame.

Edited by Gakken85

another "asia-exclusive" stuff.

lol!

I'm expecting massive ass-raping on this. I reckon it'll be minimum of USD$150 before any shipping fees.

I skipped on MP-11 originally since the pricing was jacked even back then. Wonder if they'll add the missing missiles this time around.

fwiw, I paid US$70 for a TRU-TC, $50 for a Wally-SWarp, and $35 for TRU-AStorm.

I rather import a SOC or even two SRCs if this latest "exclusive" is gonna get priced above US$90 before any shipping.

Guest davidwhangchoi

all the pricing is scaring me. i still want mp-10 bc i have mp-4 and just wanted to bookmatch it. but now these price setting by retailers is a big turn off. maybe i'm going back to arcadia stuff only and just one more bandai (vf-25s) after my 25a already paid for comes in.

i'm glad at least prowl, streak and smoke was @ hlj for decent prices.

i hope starscream is under 150... hopefully we'll find out in a few days. Asia Grimlock, i'm not interested in your 400usd package, i'm officially giving up on you, go find another lover.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

That's a good point, I don't want to be broke after April when the YF-19 is released. I see myself having to become a lot more picky with these second-chance Masterpiece releases. As excited as I am about them, I think it is smart to wait and see if the price is right or if Hasbro will bother to do another domestic Masterpiece release in the States

Takara prices are always consistent, and only are known when they are ready

To announce the figure.

It's just the BBTS, TFsource and RK that play the crazy

Preorder game with prices higher then they really are.

Also, the MP cars are all around 50$ on HLJ

While the US retailers have them for 80$

With 7$ SAL shipping why are you throwing money away?

You overspending by 60% of another MP car!

Hell think of it like this...

HLJ

MP-17 = 46$

MP-18 = 46$

MP-19 = 53$

Total spent = 144$ + 15$ SAL shipping

159$

---------------------

BBTS

MP-17 = 80$

MP-18 = 80$

MP-19 = 80$

Total = 240$ + 10$ shipping

Total 260$

Your saving 100$!

Thats the price of MP-21 and 22!

By 3 get 2 free!

If your that keen on blowing money for no reason

All power to you. But technically speaking, you raise

The shipping cost on HLJ by 10$ and you have FedEx

Express, which will arrive quicker for someone on the west coast

Then from BBTS or TFsource.

I imagine it will be close to secondary market prices.

What I'm hearing is that Takara doesn't put out a price for their items anymore. They wait for big retailer to release it for pre-order, (Which they do way ahead of time without knowing the price) and then Takara jacks it up to compensate so they can make money.

Nobody knew the price of MP-10, but then places like TFsource and BBTS put $300 dollars on it and Takara marks it up for everybody. Technically it would have been cheaper, like $200 or so, but the big retailers are screwing the whole mark and going full Ebay. Takara isn't going to sell it to the jerks at BBTS for $150 when they are asking $300 at PO 8 months out.

That's also part of the reason Lunar waits so long to put up his prices. Once it's jacked up, everybody has to take a bite of the crap sandwhich.

So yeah, that's who you can blame.

What you're hearing sounds like a load of crap. It's not very realistic. Sure, some stores might be coming up with prices before they actually know what it's going to be, but Takara would have no idea how many they're selling at those prices so they'd put themselves in a terrible position. I'm sure the bigger stores are taking conservative best guesses at pricing and if they guess wrong the preorders will just get cancelled when buyers see better prices elsewhere.