The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I'll throw down $150 for that.

Glad I didn't keep the Hasbro SW. Having 3 is totally overkill, but this way I can leave Soundblaster in tape mode.

G2 Sideswipe looks great!

reduced-image_7349_106.jpg

I like the red and the sword.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

Never been a fan of Soundblaster, so it's hard to justify buying it just for one cassette. What are the chances of Ratbat being sold individually later, I wonder?

probably cost 50 bucks with another cassette. A pre-earth cybertron laser beak would be a nice wish. or that drone that soundwave used in one episode.

probably cost 50 bucks with another cassette. A pre-earth cybertron laser beak would be a nice wish. or that drone that soundwave used in one episode.

I wouldn't mind paying 50 dollars for a Ratbat and a Cybertronian Laserbeak.

But knowing TT, Even if they do sell Ratbat individually, he'll be packed with Squawktalk in order to tempt/coerce/force you to buy the next 2-pack consisting of Beastbox and some other random cassetticon.

2003 - MP01 Optimus Prime (die-cast legs version), picked him up for $50 at Wal Mart off of a very well-stocked shelf. Picked up another one (also die-cast version) to make into my MP Soundwave custom for $30 on clearance a couple months later.

2008 - Watched MP Starscream shelf-warm at Wal Mart. Picked one up for a friend outside of the US ($50), but never got one for myself because I wasn't all that interested in it.

2009 - Found a couple of Grimlocks at the local TRU for $60, a few weeks after the initial buzz had died down, so I bought one.

2010 - Similar story for MP Rodimus, saw a couple at the local TRU for $60 right around the time he came out, and snagged one.

2011 - MP10 Prime I only saw ONCE at retail ($120) while I was out of state traveling, and got him. Considered myself extremely lucky.

Still haven't seen an MP Soundwave, and I have pretty much given up on finding him (ironic, considering I built what I consider the original almost a decade ago).

This is why I buy more 3P figures than the regular issues these days. Over a very short time frame, it has just gotten too difficult/frustrating to try and find the domestic releases, and the trend does not seem like it's going to get easier.

Guest davidwhangchoi

how much is shipping for mp-10 on robotkingdom... mp-10 a large box like mp-04? (i have one already preordered at tfsource, i'm just curious about shipping charges for a large box like prime, in case i order something large in the future)

looks like if i get a lot of stuff and combine it there i might save... i'm browsing through the site now...

maybe grimlock and jet fire wont be so bad @ 350....

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

mp-10 pre-orders opened back up on BBTS

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11744&mode=retail

maybe it's not as low print as originally appeared...

i found the pre-order where MP-Prowl comes with the coin for 8 bucks more

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11677&mode=retail

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

You can start processing your order at Robotkingdom and it will give you a shipping cost. Grimlock & Jetfire comes to $402 shipped. I forget what MP10 was.

Thanks, shipping to East Coast, NJ is 58.37 EMS + 5.52 for insurance for mp-10 making the total 303.79.

(42.09 air mail + 1.40 insurance = 283.39)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I wouldn't mind paying 50 dollars for a Ratbat and a Cybertronian Laserbeak.

But knowing TT, Even if they do sell Ratbat individually, he'll be packed with Squawktalk in order to tempt/coerce/force you to buy the next 2-pack consisting of Beastbox and some other random cassetticon.

I'd buy that. I frakking love squawktalk and beastbox.

:edit:

and they could pack the second one with Wingthing, that would be so awesome.

Edited by anime52k8

Guest davidwhangchoi

But i would get prowl at robot kingdom for the coin and missile launcher for no extra charge. mp-10 i'm sticking to the states in case i need to return it. it'll be much cheaper to ship back a big box in the US than overseas if the box got crushed

My brother picked up both the Takara and TRU Soundwaves. He ended up keeping the Takara (Red Eyes) and gave me the TRU (Gold Eyes) version. Of course he kept all the tapes from the TRU set <_<

Love this thing! Man, I really don't want too start up another collection, but I still got MP Prowl on the way :unsure:

MpSw1.jpgMpSw2.jpg

Edited by VF1A-FAN

My brother picked up both the Takara and TRU Soundwaves. He ended up keeping the Takara (Red Eyes) and gave me the TRU (Gold Eyes) version. Of course he kept all the tapes from the TRU set <_<

Love this thing! Man, I really don't want too start up another collection, but I still got MP Prowl on the way :unsure:

MpSw1.jpgMpSw2.jpg

It's a fever, you gotta catch em all!

And welcome to the club!

Guest davidwhangchoi

I kinda wish someone would do a replacement lens for Soundwave since I don't want to paint it...

yellow is cool like the g1 toy... except if it was on optimus... maybe it wouldn't look to good if it was like the g1 toys... yeah i guess red is better on SW

They are doing another run of Lambor because the KO's are widely available. I think there is one coming in Dec.

The yellow is ok.. it's the giant unpainted spots on the feet that got me. haha

Yeah, definitely not worth cutting into Soundwave's head to fix! At least, I'm not that steady with plastic and a hobby knife anymore. I get nervous when I accidentally pop things off of loose ball joints.