The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I was kind of out of it for Rodimus and Grimlock. And sorely regretting it.

For a new Grimlock, I hope they could make robot a bit more... smooth (hide/mask/camo the Trex head into the back) sort of like the FoC version except into the back, if not allow a more modern stance while not prohibiting the older stance, either.

I think the light up sword gimmick could go away. Definitely keep the red/blue eye thing. And then do the rest of the Dinobots, of course.

Yeah.. I'm not sure. I try every setting but something is a little off. Not sure what else to change... What modes and such do you usually use?

I just turned off the AE illuminator.. maybe that's what it was.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

I bought off eBay for $150... I figured it was worth the $25 to not have to deal with the hassle any more.

after taxes at least for me it comes out to about 130 so it's not a bad alternative.

Thanks! Maybe tonight or tomorrow. Gotta work, unfortunately :D

I'm thinking I might leave my Takara grimlock in Dino mode since he has the sharper claws, and put my Hasbro in Robot mode since he has more paint apps in that mode. Seems like the best of both worlds.

Hey Gakken , if / when you take more pictures, I'd love to see a comparison of MP10 Optimus with MP08 Grimlock as well as your Hasbro/Takara dino comparisons. Thanks!

Hey Gakken , if / when you take more pictures, I'd love to see a comparison of MP10 Optimus with MP08 Grimlock as well as your Hasbro/Takara dino comparisons. Thanks!

I can do that.

I didn't have time this weekend but maybe tonight.

Update on the Year of the Horse MP-10:

1) This will be a Hasbro Release. So there won't be any Takara mold or coloring.
2) packaging is likely to be like the first Hasbro MP-10 packaging (Clear Window and stuffs like that)
3) I was told the trailer is going to be clear see through. (Not sure if i like this style)
4) Are there any strange looking horse painted on the trailer? (I'm not sure, no one really know much about it.)

Lunar should have info or a pic tonight.

Edited by Gakken85

Yep. If it's selling for as much as MP Soundwave, I expect it not to sell.

Incidentally, does anybody know if we can look forward to an MP Starscream release? I can't believe Acid Storm made the US cut, but Starscream didn't.

Edited by RD Blade

http://tformers.com/transformers-platinum-edition-year-of/21018/news.html

Just another example why it's nuts to price MP soundwave that low. haha. It throws all kinds of price comparisons into the mix.

Even though that Armada Ultimate class is overpriced, the fact that it's even close to an MP price is bonkers.

The Armada classes are pretty big though, yes?

Haven't heard anything about a SS re-release from anybody.

Edited by Gakken85

http://tformers.com/transformers-platinum-edition-year-of/21018/news.html

Just another example why it's nuts to price MP soundwave that low. haha. It throws all kinds of price comparisons into the mix.

Even though that Armada Ultimate class is overpriced, the fact that it's even close to an MP price is bonkers.

The Armada classes are pretty big though, yes?

Haven't heard anything about a SS re-release from anybody.

That Starscream is from the Cybertron line. I think it's Supreme Class, the same size class as Unicron and Primus. I have that one. It stands about 14 inches tall and originally retailed for $50. It was a shelfwarmer and I ended up getting it on clearance for half price.

Edited by RD Blade