The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

It's the Takara mold. Sharper claws, teeth. Lighter gray. With the Tru accessories. And a special box.

To me, it's the best release out there, as the Takara accessories were kind of lame.

Yeah this is the one I want. Just 2-3 x the price I'm willing to pay ($100'ish). Don't think I've seen a Hasbro in box go for less than $300 on evilbay.

So, my local TRU is next door to my local Best Buy. And by local, I mean on the other side of town from where I work and really nowhere near where I live. Hunting for a TRU exclusive toy like Soundwave has become a chore. And yet, even after I managed to snag my Soundwave, I'm still in that area more than I should be, trying to hunt down a Chromecast at that stupid Best Buy.

Irony. <_<

King grimlock is nice.

Lunar will be getting the AE MP10. Takara colors. Special box and stand.

Probably going to be close to $300

1) This one is EXPENSIVE!! Possible $300+ MSRP!!
2) It is more limited than AE MP-08. Number produced is lower than anyone's expectation.
3) KO Version are in development, however rumors says KO version won't come with trailer. (At least we will know whats KO or not)
4) Its going to be a lightning release when people know the price it will be in your face sold out.

Edited by Gakken85

After the bay area TRUs came up empty this week on Soundwaves I bit the bullet and bought one on ebay for less than $160 shipped. I figure that's essentially a $20 premium to not have to bother calling any more stores or trying to stalk trucks. Hopefully the box isn't beat up too bad but the listing didn't mention any box damage. Fingers crossed!

I also found my old Soundwave at my parents house. The door to the cassette player portion apparently didn't survive. He was always one of my favorites.

I also found my old Soundwave at my parents house. The door to the cassette player portion apparently didn't survive. He was always one of my favorites.

Ugh. I feel your loss. Soundwave was one of my first G1 toys and he didn't survive the timeshift from my childhood either, although I rescued other Transformers from my parents house. It's surprising how well they hold up. My favorite method of storage as a kid was left-over shoeboxes, so nothing very sturdy. That said, I've had to go to eBay to track down a handful of lost pieces for the following figures:

• Megatron
  • Optimus Prime
  • Starscream
  • Grapple
  • Metroplex

Megatron is in the worst shape for accessories and aftermarket prices for parts are pretty wild.

http://www.lunartoystore.com/products/asia-exclusive-mp-10-optimus-prime-pre-order

MP-10 "renewal" Asian Exclusive is up.

I think this is basically going to be the Takara release with a stand and a new head sculpt. Maybe some other minor changes.

Should be limited as well. I think they made about 2000 AE grimlocks. I'm assuming this will be a run of 1000.

Edited by Gakken85

You weren't able to get in on TRU.com that I posted above? $130. Slow shipping should have it by Friday.

Not sure which of your posts your referring to but no, I've never been able to get on TRU's very short order windows and I don't mind a small premium to not bother trying any more. I probably should sell some toys though soon so I can adhere to my own rule about only buying things with the money I make from selling.

http://www.lunartoystore.com/products/asia-exclusive-mp-10-optimus-prime-pre-order

MP-10 "renewal" Asian Exclusive is up.

I think this is basically going to be the Takara release with a stand and a new head sculpt. Maybe some other minor changes.

Should be limited as well. I think they made about 2000 AE grimlocks. I'm assuming this will be a run of 1000.

Thanks for the heads up, I bit the bullet and pre ordered. I told myself no more mp primes after all the color variants of the first mp 1 mold I bought, but having him more in scale with other mp releases won me over. Which is funny because scale and transformers dont really go together to begin with.

Guest davidwhangchoi

my second MP SW came in the mail today. perfect no damaged box. it was shipped the same way in an over sized box with no padding so i'm surprised it didn't get damaged or crushed at the corners.

i hear that Aug 16th they are releasing a massive shipment online as there's a supposed 10,000 being held back in the warehouse according to a TRU online manager who posted on the tfw2005 boards. take it with a grain of salt, but hopefully these may be widely available for those looking for one.

So hold off on buying any of the scalpers price till then...

My wife saw two SWs at our local TRU. She claims she didn't get one, but I know she did, my birthday is in a couple of weeks and there's very large gift rapped box in her office, also she forgot to throw out the giant TRU bag... She said both boxes were wrapped in a anti-theft spider thing. Anyone else see that at their TRUs?

Edited by mecha2241

Yeah, with that many out there, doubt they will have much after market value. I just hope it doesn't kill the value of the Takara in the long run. I think a lot more QA issues will pop up with that high of a run, just by the law of averages.

"hasbro like to make great wall of china with MP13"

Mecha2241 - Yeah I've seen plenty with that spider device.

Edited by Gakken85

Ok, I just picked up Acid Storm, SW is nowhere to be found. I also got my Shockwave (quickwave). I love this Shockwave, it's nice and solid because of the diecast. At the moment, no battery for shockwave eye and gun, but it's on order.

post-7962-0-52813900-1376374072_thumb.jpg

Well that's the thing. The preorders are $400 Here and here.

From what I hear, those sites aren't even making much on the mark-up, and that's $400 dollars.

That's why Lunar was such a good deal. You didn't have to get the Henkai Jetfire which adds another $100 bucks for a cheap CHUG. All the stock is pretty much accounted for, so the stores that have them, have them.

It won't be like Tigertrack where they made Japanese, Hong Kong, and Chinese runs all for the show.

Anyway, $150 isn't a realistic number for a Takara MP. Even Takara Soundwave is $170 and he's a soft market. Grimlock is a huge deal, and it's an exclusive. If any store actually got a restock of the "normal" Takara grimlock it would be $299, no questions. The smaller MP's like Lambor aren't the same price range as the bigger MP's like MP-10, so you can't expect to get them for $150.

The MP08x was originally $250, and it's selling for $600-1000. I don't think this exclusive will be worth as much as X, but it will stay at $300+.

I think there were some "loose" ones on chinese ebay .. but they were probably defects or stolen. They were about $150.

Edited by Gakken85

Looks great. Really wish Hasbro do a domestic reissue, maybe at Wal-mart instead of TRU this time...

Got my TRU Soundwave today. I thought I saw the box at Frank & Sons but was surprised at how huge the box was. Very impressed especially with Lazer Beak and Ravage. Not as impressed with Rumble/Frenzy (mostly due to the guns being separate and the pile drivers seem awfully loose) but the figures themselves are fine. Would have rather had Rat Bat than Buzzsaw but am ok with it. Can't seem to the camera out of Lazer Beak's head though Buzz Saw's came out easy enough. Damned great value which makes me want another Hasbro release of Grimlock since I'm not willing to get raped for it.

Soundwave himself... I had about half the transformation figured out without video or instructions but the legs were kicking my ass and didn't want to break anything so whipped out the instructions for it. Very nice. The multiple tape thing seems a bit.. erratic especially on ejection but certainly nice enough for storage. Glad I made the impulse buy when I saw it available.

Buzz Saw must have heard me talking smack cause I just broke off the tail fin. :( Apparently they only do 45 degrees instead of 90 degrees like Lazer Beak?