The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

With all the un-filled demand, I think FanToys should go ahead and produce AcousticWave. Pricing it similar to the US MP, but ACTUALLY BEING EASY TO OBTAIN and I think they'd get a good amount of sales. Though the amount of accessories(like casettes) that the US one has may be hard to equal, value-wise.

When was mp-10 easy to get haha? Unless you're in the U.K. where it's a shelf warmer because of shitty supply lines.

I mean, you can buy him on Ebay, but he was never easy to get at the original MSRP

I think Robotkingdom put some up for $179.00 earlier this week and they sold out in a few minutes, which is still about 50 bucks over MSRP.

Edited by Gakken85

I disagree, this will be easy to come by eventually, just like mp10 was.

Oh yeah, so easy to come by that my local TRU NEVER got any stock. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just got off the phone with my local TRU. They got stock, but they won't put them out until tomorrow (when, of course, I'm at work and won't be able to get there until they've most likely sold them all...).

Edited by mikeszekely

Oh yeah, so easy to come by that my local TRU NEVER got any stock. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just got off the phone with my local TRU. They got stock, but they won't put them out until tomorrow (when, of course, I'm at work and won't be able to get there until they've most likely sold them all...).

I was thinking tonight for the east coast. Are you on the east coast?

Guest davidwhangchoi

back up go fast!

and gone... page updated to sold out

got order confirmation, now i have 2 opportunities for the box to arrive un-crushed.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I got a second one on Tues. Hoping to have it in hand by Wed.

Robot kingdom has some in stock for 200 before shipping.

Ratchet toys is selling some stock they scalped for 215.

Also these are all the differences I can find on the Takara/Hasbro Soundwave:

1. Hasbro's feet are missing silver paint on a large panel on the inside.
2. Hasbro's tapes are also missing chrome.
3. Hasbro's SW has a yellow paint chest instead of gold.
4. Hasbro's has white screws instead of black, making them more noticeable. You can see them on the back of the figure.
5. Yellow eyes.
6. The giant CE mark on the foot.

7. Packaging is different.

Edited by Gakken85

I got a second one on Tues. Hoping to have it in hand by Wed.

Robot kingdom has some in stock for 200 before shipping.

Ratchet toys is selling some stock they scalped for 215.

Also these are all the differences I can find on the Takara/Hasbro Soundwave:

1. Hasbro's feet are missing silver paint on a large panel on the inside.

2. Hasbro's tapes are also missing chrome.

3. Hasbro's SW has a yellow paint chest instead of gold.

4. Hasbro's has white screws instead of black, making them more noticeable. You can see them on the back of the figure.

5. Yellow eyes.

6. The giant CE mark on the foot.

7. Packaging is different.

The gold on the chest is identical between the two. As for the tapes, I don't have any of the Japanese tapes besides Laserbeak but from pictures I've seen I don't think any of them had actual chrome, just metallic paint. The Hasbro one's have silver/gold paint apps in all the same places.

Guest davidwhangchoi

He's up and staying up a long time so here's a link:

go get em!

edited :and finally OOS 25 minutes later... 12:59pm (opened about 12:34pm)

hopefully everyone who needed one got one.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Damn, missed it. Good news is its already below 200 shipped on eBay and with all the peeps doing bogo it should be affordable soon.

yeah i think like you said about mp-10 prime. TRU hopefully should have Soundwave widely avail this month as the B&M's are starting to getting them widespread.

Guest davidwhangchoi

back and gone again, didn't bother posting link for these 10 sec windows but posting just to keep your refresh apps set in case.

Damnit! I want one so I can do that boombox pose using my Takara but I'm not gonna kill myself or spend too much. Hopefully I'll luck out later...

I want one because I don't have a Takara one. Or any one.

*EDIT* I got excited when I refreshed the page and saw that it was available for ship-to-home, around 5:00pm EDT. By the time I got to the shopping cart, though, I had a red message telling me that inventory was limited, and that he'd be removed from my cart. :(

Edited by mikeszekely

I have one for trade :D

I was just about to type "what do you want for it?" when my buddy calls. I've been helping him plan a birthday party for his wife, and he wanted to check on a few last minute costume things (see, she's obsessed with Dr. Who, so we're all dressing up as different Doctors). He mentions he's on his way to Goodwill, Best Buy, and maybe TRU, so I ask him to check if they have Soundwave, expecting that they're still sold out. Turns out they were literally pulling one off the truck, so he nabbed it for me. All is now right with this world...