The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I get the economics of not making a Sunstreaker because it'd be a whole new mode with potentially just one regular release and maybe an e-Hobby diaclone release. I wonder if Lamborghini would also balk at a Sunstreaker toy because it has that big engine sticking out the back. I presume there never really was a factory Countach that had that going on.

Guest davidwhangchoi

oh man i'm getting excited seeing that photo. hopefully my MP SW shipment comes in this week. i like the SW boom box pose too.

Yeah their aren't any real countachs with that engine mod. Or not that I've ever seen. I think it was artistic license.

I'm sure with all the KO's floating around of TT that somebody will work up one before long.

You know you can fit the old tapes in there too? I have my vintage ravage in my Soundwave. He's the only one I had that survived. haha. My frenzy and rumble were all busted up. I think me and my brother both had our own soundwave because I found 2 sets of the "battery" canons. He was too cool to just have one. haha. Couldn't find anything left of him though.

cqvrJNgl.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

You know you can fit the old tapes in there too?

Yeah. It really makes the engineering impressive, that they took the same size alt-mode and came up with toys that are a 100x better than the originals. Laserbeak and Buzzsaw seem especially impressive, since not only are they the same size, but their engine-backpacks are actually built into the transformation. Rumble and Frenzy both look great. Ravage could be better, but let's be honest, no amount of engineering is ever going to take a flat cassette and turn it into a jaguar that looks anything like the animation model.

Alas, I was a stupid kid when I had my original Transformers, and gave them away to cousins when I became a stupid teenager. The only G1 toys I have are reissues... and even then I think it's just Prime and Soundwave. Oh, and Pepsi Prime.

I kind of hope that someone with a Takara Soundwave breaks it, then I can buy it cheap on eBay for the head. I want animation red eyes, dang it.

I have a my original complete Metroplex, Galvatron, Wreckgar, Pointblank and Omega Supreme. They were all in great shape and complete. Oh and beachcomber. I loved him as a kid. haha. I plan on keeping them.

I had a few headmasters/powermasters too but I didn't care much about them and sold them.

I also sold a complete Predaking that I sold.. He just looked kind of dumpy and childish imo.

Pretty much anything before 86 or 87 was pretty bashed. I had like half of a Jazz, an Optimus leg, some Soundwave parts. My original megatron was pretty roached and missing some pieces. I found a jetfire arm! haha. I have memories of other ones like Wheeljack, but I couldn't find any parts.

I moved my bar into my parents garage this weekend since I have a kid now and the small house so the man stuff is being stored until I move somewhere larger. Anyway, while I was there my dad informed me that he found a box of my old Transformers. I'm definitely going to have to scope that out next time I visit them. I'm sure they're all thoroughly trashed... I used to play with them all the time and set up epic wars.

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah i got the envy itch now... hopefully only for a few days...

for now i'll be looking at both you guys pics like a homeless man looking in the window of a nice apartment.

That guy must have hijacked a truck. I counted 18... haha.

IF he makes 50 bucks off each one... that's close to 1,000 bucks.

Considering that's close to 2500 in retail value.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

I guess Prime isn't getting along with his new roommate...

IMAG0058.jpg

nice!!!

also like the reference to wonder twin powers on treatment's photo :D

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Wondering where all the soundwaves are?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251315320798

Not really, since Gakken85 told us like six or seven posts ago.

My favorite part is how the seller is pretty much begging for good reviews. "Yes, I'm likely the reason you can't find this in stores, and I bought them all up so I can resell them to you with a $65 markup! If you like how I've ripped you off, please give me five stars!"

BTW guys. The Takara Cybertron con Exclusive Masterpiece Grimlock is up for sale on RJ.

BUT you have to get the Henkei Jetfire with it and it's $350 bucks. With shipping you're talking at least $400 dollars.

Glad I ordered off Luna for $250 shipped :p

Edited by Gakken85

I don't think they made as many of these. I know Lunar's stock is gone. The only place you could get it is RJ and I can bet you it won't be cheaper than $300 bucks anywhere. I know the King Grimlock release originally sold for $250 and it's 500+ now.

Tigertrack was a new release and they made a fair amount. It's easy to make as it's just a repaint with a new box.

Not to mention Grimlock is an OLD mold. They couldn't make many more even if they wanted to. It's probably close to falling apart and the old MP's aren't going to get re-issues. I've heard their won't be anymore Grimlock 08's. Now, Hasbro has a 08 mold that they might use again (dull teeth and claws), but the Takara one probably can't take another press.

MP-05 is done too I bet.

Notice the new scale with MP-10 onward and their isn't a lot of diecast. MP-12 is brand new and ready to press repaints! haha.

I've been wrong before, but that's my take.

BTW, that guy who was selling MP-10 for $150 bucks... He's gotten multiple complaints for not shipping. Looks like it's a scam:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-ebay/949540-mp-10-deal-lifetime-scam.html

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=valkynx&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true

Looks like he takes your cash, and then just relists the same item. Who knows.

Edited by Gakken85