The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Hot Rod was pretty stupid. By all means intervene. Use your wrist lasers and shoot the gun Megatron was reaching for instead of going to in to grapple. WTF was he thinking? Course, Optimus himself was way too casual after his judo throw. Instead of going for your gun, stay on Megatron like white on rice and deliver your Captain Kirk Double Hammer Fist as a finishing move... but that would have been less dramatic. :lol:

The part I like most about Hot Rod is that he established the fact that there are multiple Primes, one after another. Instead of Optimus being created to be the great leader, that brought in the idea that a lowly data clerk could become a Prime. Just think about how much of Transformers history has been affected by that idea.

As for the actual implementation of that idea... let's just say that I prefer my head canon to anything I ever saw on the screen (which is true for almost every Transformer character ever).

Well that's kind of tough reasoning though right? Soundwave is a cassette player as big as Optimus' truck... I thought in TF it's all about bot mode.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Size_changing

Read up Jenius :D

It gets really messy when you start thinking about the city size transformers, and the gestalts. Like a shuttle the size of a army Jeep? And then the planet size 'formers.. haha.

It's best not to think about these things.

Edited by Gakken85

Okay, I think what the problem here is the difference in size between Rodimus and Hot Rod. Rodimus is in scale (MP9) with Optimus (MP10) so you could say that the scale actually begins with MP9. HOWEVER, if you view MP9 as being Hot Rod then he's too large and a new MP9 could be made specific to Hot Rod (no morphing into Rodimus gimmick) and he'd be shrunk down a bit to be in proper scale with MP10.

I think the designers were just going smaller from the seekers on down, as they knew that the early Optimus and Megatron were just too big. I think Grimlock and Hot rod are somewhat in scale, but with MP-10 they made a decisive effort to reboot scale completely. If they redid Hot rod now, I think his car mode would fit inside the trailer and he'd be in line with Lambor's size. Rodimus, He'd probably be about the same size... and I'm sure they will re-do both as Hot rod is acknowledge as a terrible release by most.

So, Season 3 of Transformers Prime is up on Netflix, which is great for people like me who don't get the Hub. I basically watched the whole season in three days.

By and large, I've pretty much ignored the Beast Hunters toy line. My only exceptions until today had been Voyager Optimus (because he's Optimus), Voyager Shockwave, and Deluxe Smokescreen (because they didn't get a toy prior to Beast Hunters). No weird Predacons, no spikey re-released regular cast. After watching S3, though, I knew I had to get a Predaking. So, my choices were basically the Voyager one, who I can find pretty much anywhere (except Walmart, who I swear doesn't stock Transformers anymore... or much of anything, give the number of empty peghooks at my local store), or the Target exclusive Beast Fire Predaking.

I went with Beast Fire Predaking. The Voyager one looks kind of... unfinished. Not to mention that he'd be kind of smallish, considering how much bigger he is that everyone else in the show. If anything, he's still too small in dragon mode! Still, he's a pretty good size, being a little bigger than most Leaders and a little smaller than the current MPs. His transformation's really simple, but he looks mostly good in both modes. I only have two real complaints. First, some of his joints seem a little loose. On mine, it seems like both his shoulders, especially the left, so he can't pose like he's going to strike with his claw, and his wrists, so holding the sword makes it droop in most poses. Second, they included a light up gimmick. Although the battery housing actually doesn't seem to make much difference in his transformation, it does mean that his dragon neck has no real articulation. In dragon mode, that's kind of a let down but not too bad, since his neck is already in an ok pose. It's actually bot mode that suffers the most, because more articulation would have allowed his head and neck to fold tighter against his back. As it stands now, from the back it looks like Predaking is trying to crap a dragon's head.

With the addition of Predaking in my collection, I've got most of the TF Prime toys I want. I don't really care about non-show characters, so I guess I really just need Hardshell, Breakdown, the air Vehicon, Dreadwing, and Skyquake to have all the TV characters. I'm pretty sure they didn't make a Hardshell/Insecticon bigger than a Legion-class, so he's out. I can live without Skyquake, since he died in his first appearance. Dreadwing might not be in stores (if he ever was, in my stupid area), but he's still not too expensive online. And Breakdown and the air Vehicon are Japanese-only, right? Breakdown's way too expensive (especially since I heard he wasn't that good), but Silas Breakdown seems affordable. Maybe I'll pick him up...

Posted Today, 08:46 PM

You can't hate a character voiced by Judd F'ing Nelson!

Hot Rod was great in the movie, but sucked in S3.

I still love hearing Dare!

I hated Hot Rod more in the movie than in Season 3. Mainly because it offended my sense of justice. I held him responsible for the death of Optimus, yet he was rewarded for it with the Matrix. Other than that, he was pretty cool. A bit of a smart ass, flawed and self-aware. I was a tween then, and felt like the writing of the show was maturing with me.

Also, Rodimus Prime was better in combat than Optimus. Here's why. Rodimus can best Galvatron. Galvatron is a more powerful version of Megatron. Megatron was equal to or stronger than Optimus. B))

Edited by RD Blade

Because that's how much they sell for.. haha. Takara's MP-10 usually goes for $270 +. I wouldn't take less than $275 for mine.

If you think collecting MP's and formers is cheaper than Macross you're in for a rude surprise.

Higher demand and a larger market of motivated buyers.

I'm kind of amazed that this thing has bid up to $810. It's like a goddamn feeding frenzy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151109726230

The last one that I saw on Ebay was $550. I tapped out at like $600.

Must be because the Dinobots are going to be in TF4 or something.

Edited by Gakken85

Meh, I bought 2 Tak Mp-10's off eBay for 235$ ea.

They've been sitting in stock at BBTS for 299$ for almost 8 months.

Then last month people went ape crap for it..

Still, the Tak version has the nicer box. The new reissue is in the crappy

Window boxed Hasbro packaging. With a 5$ stand.

You can buy the same stand at HLJ for a few bucks.

Personally the price market by the lunatic fans are what make TF'

Collecting an annoyance.

I reckon these are the shelfwarmers in both China and UK TRU's. There were reports/pics before at TFW and elsewhere of walls and walls of MP-10 shelfwarming unsold due to the extravagant pricing of it in both areas.

Now they want to con the starved US-based buyers with the same shelfwarmers and the same extravagant pricing.

Plus the additional shipping cost!

Oy vey...