The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

lol, i was such a flaky collector with a short attention span. the technobots i had scattershot for my bday and committed to collecting strafe and lightspeed afterburner. then i would move onto the new stuff that just came out like headmasters and never would complete a combiner.

the only set i ever completed was devastator... i wanted jetfire so bad as i kid, i waited months for him and finally when christmas arrives my dad took my butt to the store to get him and i saw the Devastator giftset and flaked out on jetfire...

Be grateful you got that many. I had Aerialbot legs and Stunticon arms on Scattershot to make Whatthefrackitron.

These MP toys are awesome can't wait for optimus to show up.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I am so sad going through the box of transformers I was able to get from my parents and realizing all the ones that didn't make it. I wonder if there's another box somewhere. I know I had the Technobots and the aerialbots but there's only one of each in the box. :( Oh well, Bruticus was my favorite and he's there.

Gakken, where/when is that quote from?

you must've had strict parents... jk,

i only kid bc my father was very strict and cut off the tv in the house. i only got transformers 2x a year. one for my b day and once for Christmas so i had to make it count.

so my deprived childhood is showing up w these mp toys

just curious why no more than one g1?

Basically the same reason as yours. Super-strict parents. They got me Mirage because I did pretty well in an exam. The next time I scored such good results, TF was a distant memory, and M.A.S.K. had become the "in" thing.

Hasui interview from a few months back.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/takaratomy-staff-interview-masterpiece-174660/

Takarastaff2_1332738573.jpg

I was thinking about it wrong but yeah.. Rodimus and Grimlock are in scale. They made MP-10 to be the new standard, but also to be in scale to some of the later mps. Means there is less of a chance they will get re-issued any time soon.

Edited by Gakken85

Well, I was bit by the Takara bug. All the hype over the new MP-10 release finally got to me and I have boxed up my Hasbro Masterpiece MP-10 to sell it and make room for the other one. Ironically, I placed my pre-order about a week ago and the figure is shipping out today.

Has anyone else received an update on their pre-order for MP-10 plus stand?

You know, I never thought a Transformer would compete with a Yarcadia Valkyrie on mere dollars and cents, but there it is. There was enough to like about new MP-10 for me to go for it. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nice! Joining the MW Mp-10 relaunch party :)

gakken

skullmilitia

davidwhangchoi

Jenius

smutpeddler (x2)

techno blue

Kurisama

6 7 so far on MW

added Kurisama!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

the only set i ever completed was devastator... i wanted jetfire so bad as i kid, i waited months for him and finally when christmas arrives my dad took my butt to the store to get him and i saw the Devastator giftset and flaked out on jetfire....

Devastator seemed to be the only "common" giftset. While most did exist, I only ever seemed to see that one, I think that's fairly universally true.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Devastator seemed to be the only "common" giftset. While most did exist, I only ever seemed to see that one, I think that's fairly universally true.

Yeah, i never saw any other gift set in my local toy stores.

David (Moderator), are you getting any of the MP's coming out? You joining the MP-10 re-release party :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

What? Releasing again next year? I paid inflated pieces for nothing?

i think jenius may be referring the the YOTH (year of the horse release) which may be a re-release version of the TRU release. (not the takara colors which imo is the best version and why i'm willing to pay for it)

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/949863-platinum-edition-year-horse-optimus-preorder-tru-ca-18.html

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I got Soundwave in today. I can feel that poor Hasbro quality looseness ness right away.

Still can't complain because of the cassettes.

Even made a quick Dio

"The interrogation of Tiger Tracks"

4L0Itdk.jpg

Rumble ... Frenzy.. Rumble whatever!

"The bigger they are, the harder the fall!"

M0NkkZH.jpg

TT just waiting on Prowl for the rescue.

Heh heh TT.

Rumble ... Frenzy.. Rumble whatever!

"The bigger they are, the harder the fall!"

The correct answer is Frenzy. Yes, the black and red toy was labeled Rumble, and yes, many modern toys (including Habsros) depicting this character are also labeled Rumble.

But half the time, new toys of the blue one is labeled Rumble, and while it technically might have been the result of a production error, 2+ seasons of the cartoon featuring a blue tap-bot named Rumble as a main character has cemented that as canon for me.

So the display stand that comes with MP-10 isn't in the box, it's something that you get in addition to the box (that is to say, you get two separate boxes). I was sort of surprised by that and find it kinda lame although I guess it makes sense. Robotkingdom threw in the coin too but I think all of these come with the coin. This is the first TF I've gotten with the coin... not sure if I'm wowed enough to want to start collecting the coins now.

Edited by jenius

Gah I finally got around to moving Soundwave and his minions and yet again..

Why do I get sucked into the Hasbro versions.

Stupid flimsy, cheap feeling, floppy crap!

The Takara version feels like money well spent.

The Hasbro version feels like I spent 130$ on a

Weaponizer figure with a few legacy figures.

Boo!

I canceled my MP-10 renewal order.

There's just not enough there to justify 300$

I've had both the Hasbro and the Tak versions

I just don't see 300$ worth of space taking.

Guest davidwhangchoi

hlj re-opens their Prowl order-page, so get him at y4640 (plus shipping) while it's on!

http://www.hlj.com/product/tkt47923

thanks treatment! got one last night. i was up late watching the breaking bad marathon on AMC and was checking MW during commercial breaks.

just to let everyone know, last night i saw order stops for

Blue Streak 4640 yen

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT47924

and Smoke Screen 5200 yen

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT47032

but they're up again as of 9:32am EST

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yea, it'd be nice if Prowl would come in to stock already.

it looks like the re-opened window closed quick, prowl must be popular. did you secure a pre-order of him somewhere?