The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Oh damn, Metroplex will have voice clips ^_^

lately, i've been seeing big (~2ft+ tall) boxes of Metroplex at stores, but the pics on the box look far simpler than the one on the video above. are the ones i'm seeing just reissues of the original? or more importantly, is there a release date for the one in the video? just checking.

Just got my mp-16 Frenzy and Buzzsaw from the store. Buzzsaw had a problematic head camera, but it's not a big problem, as I doubt I'll be using it. A fleck of chrome was chipped from Frenzy's crotch, but I can't be bothered to go the it exchanged. A bit of silver paint from a fine brush and gentle dabbing with a q-tip should mask the missing chrome.

And now the whole family's complete! Time to find a nice spot on my desktop for Soundwave and his little pets!

lately, i've been seeing big (~2ft+ tall) boxes of Metroplex at stores, but the pics on the box look far simpler than the one on the video above. are the ones i'm seeing just reissues of the original? or more importantly, is there a release date for the one in the video? just checking.

I have no idea what you're seeing unless you can provide pics.

As for Generations Metroplex, rumor floating around is that it will be the big ticket Christmas item for 2013, so around late November-ish.

i'll try to take pics when i get back from my business trip.

did some googling, and found this:

27354732d1364192801-hand-images-encore-f

i think this is what i saw, but can't be completely sure.

so this "Generations" thing, i suppose it's a toy line rather than a TF series? sorry, i'm not up to speed on TF. i just have a thing for centerpiece-size toys.

i'll try to take pics when i get back from my business trip.

did some googling, and found this:

i think this is what i saw, but can't be completely sure.

so this "Generations" thing, i suppose it's a toy line rather than a TF series? sorry, i'm not up to speed on TF. i just have a thing for centerpiece-size toys.

Well, that's Encore - Fortress Maximus which is a re-issue of the G1 toy.

Generations - Metroplex is a 'Classics' style revision of G1 Metroplex, who was the other Autobot transforming base. Apparently he is slightly larger than Fort Max. (G1 Metroples was smaller than Fort Max tho).

Comparison teaser pic.

Yeah, Generations is a toy line. Many of the toys are seen in IDW's various comics series, no TV show.

ah, thanks for clarifying that. i thought Metroplex and Fortress Maximus were one and the same, like Optimus = Convoy

Actually, Takara's name for Metroplex is...wait for it...Metroflex! I kid you not. Just scroll down this page and read the name for the Encore toy. Just stumbled on this recently.

Nice! I got the black one coming too :)

Yeah. Black Convoy is totally nice.

Unfortunately for me, ...

Thank you for ordering with AmiAmi.

Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we were unable to secure your

order, and will not be able to offer this item to you at this time.

1 x Transformers Masterpiece MP-10B Black Convoy

Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

If you have any questions regarding this order, please feel free to contact

us.

Again, thanks for your business!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

AmiAmi : Character and Hobby Online Store

4-21-11 Koishikawa, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 112-0002 JAPAN

Phone: +81 3 3813 5851 (Mon.-Fri. 12:00-17:00 JST, except Japanese holidays)

FAX: +81 3 5803 1632

Web site: http://www.amiami.com

E-mail: e_support@amiami.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I so sad. :(

So got my FOC Bruticus set today from HLJ - right out of the box I had Onslaught's main torso hinge broken and Swindle's wheel missing - pretty unimpressed with Takara's efforts here in general - Bruticus is...eeeeeh, needs improving and the plastic feels to cheap on Onslaught, Vortex and Blastoff - but the finish on Swindle and Brawl are delicious.

post-1623-0-80472500-1366091164_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-26940200-1366091223_thumb.jpg

Over the weekend, I was in Singapore, and I visited Universal Studios to try Transformers: The Ride. The critics were spot-on when they said this is one of the best movie rides ever designed. It's even better than the actual movies.

post-237-0-37594600-1366100465_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-01709600-1366100484_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-03685200-1366100495_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, due to strict rules, I was unable to film the actual ride. Besides, it wouldn't be really fun to do so, anyway.

Looks like my oldest is on the robot kick. She's been bugging me for one of these, particularly after getting to play with Unicron a bit. She's most excited and asks when it's arriving each day I get home. Kind of fun. First toy I've been able to purchase in years.

Primus+1.jpg

Edited by niomosy

Oh, OK. That's a pretty cool toy. Not as sturdy as Unicron, but his planet mode is more spherical.

Mine's pretty tough in a couple spots. Mainly the chest key slot trying to get the head up and the leg cannons. Yeesh. Luckily got one with a key. She was able to get through transforming it back and forth without too much problem and loved the sound and lights while doing it.. I haven't done the size comparison to Unicron with her yet (I've got Unicron as well).

So I've gone Teletraan on these Kreo thingies from yesterday...

Decepticons:
DSC_4038_NEF.jpg

Autobots:
DSC_4040_NEF.jpg

teletraan lazy:
DSC_4033_NEF.jpg

Screamer and Skywarp were the mystery figures. Darn Seekers. Go figure. Unfortunately, now I gotta find Thundercracker for completion... <_<

At any rate, I must admit these Kreo thingies are just damn KEWL!

:D

Heck no, it's Supreetor 2.0. Big means simple with lots of electronics.

Basically--as budgets increase, it all goes to size and gimmicks. Not complexity and paint apps. Hasbro has shown this time and again. Look at Leader Jetfire. One of the biggest alt-modes ever , and one of the biggest electronics boxes ever.