The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Then he's gotta use the CineplexFeb code to knock $10 off that price.

Lol! Thanks for the price info, DA! Cineplexfeb code?

I thanked Gak before I clicked on the link! It's all good, just looking at this point.

You've got to go to cybertron.ca if you're going to collect the in Canada. Type in "CineplexFeb" in the coupon area to knock off $10. Should still work.

thanks again, DA! will check it out!

Apparently the third wave of Combiner Wars figures (at least the Deluxes and Legends, no Voyagers) are turning up at Targets in California.

If they make their way to my area as quickly as Wave 1 and 2 did from their first sightings, I should start seeing them in stores around Halloween. <_<

Quick Q, I just got most of my aerialbots for the CW superion set. All I'm missing is slingshot. Any news on him yet if he's snag able somewhere?

He's an online exclusive and will be available to order May 22nd at BBTS, Amazon and some other stores I can't recall.

This is the BBTS page (it's not actually sold out, just a placeholder until the 22nd)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?mode=retail&product=HAS24411

What eriku said. Hasbro decided to make him (under the name Quickslinger) and Wildrider (under the name Brake-Neck) exclusive to the online shops with a May 22nd street date (although I heard some of the Asian shops were selling them, but the shipping was kind of outrageous). So right now I'm just biding my time, waiting to order those two and occasionally checking brick-and-mortar stores for any Protectobots.

eriku, you wouldn't happen to have a BBTS link for Wildrider/Brake-Neck, would you?

Edited by mikeszekely

What eriku said. Hasbro decided to make him (under the name Quickslinger) and Wildrider (under the name Brake-Neck) exclusive to the online shops with a May 22nd street date (although I heard some of the Asian shops were selling them, but the shipping was kind of outrageous). So right now I'm just biding my time, waiting to order those two and occasionally checking brick-and-mortar stores for any Protectobots.

Protectobots are the last of the CW lineup I'm interested in. No interest in menasor or Titan devestator, that one is ass ugly from what I've seen and the figures individually didn't help.

Now if they do a computron and abominus I'll probably be in. But right now my attention is on slingshot and him alone.

I know 1 guy who got him and wildrider already.

Protectobots are the last of the CW lineup I'm interested in. No interest in menasor or Titan devestator, that one is ass ugly from what I've seen and the figures individually didn't help.

Now if they do a computron and abominus I'll probably be in. But right now my attention is on slingshot and him alone.

I know 1 guy who got him and wildrider already.

I have Menasor, sans the little Legends chestplate dude, and Superion both completed with the new limb guys. I really want Slingshot and Wildrider, though.

I want to do Defensor, and my wife already said she'd buy Titan Devastator for me for whatever holiday is closest. I don't think the individual limbs on Devy are looking too hot, but I think the combined mode looks good enough and big enough to be cool.

What I really want, though, is an all-but-certain Bruticus, as he's my favorite combiner and the Fall of Cybertron version isn't cutting it. Beyond that, I'd love for them to do a Predaking, but I can live without Abominus, Computron, or Piranacon. That said, I'm having fun with the Combiner Wars guys so far, so I wouldn't rule out picking them up if they are released.

I have Menasor, sans the little Legends chestplate dude, and Superion both completed with the new limb guys. I really want Slingshot and Wildrider, though.

I want to do Defensor, and my wife already said she'd buy Titan Devastator for me for whatever holiday is closest. I don't think the individual limbs on Devy are looking too hot, but I think the combined mode looks good enough and big enough to be cool.

What I really want, though, is an all-but-certain Bruticus, as he's my favorite combiner and the Fall of Cybertron version isn't cutting it. Beyond that, I'd love for them to do a Predaking, but I can live without Abominus, Computron, or Piranacon. That said, I'm having fun with the Combiner Wars guys so far, so I wouldn't rule out picking them up if they are released.

Since there's so many 3rd party upgrades for bruticus I've got him fixed up enough that he's not boxed away he's now sitting proudly against my upgraded emerging superion who now fits more for the cybertron line up.

If motormasters combiner mode didn't look so wide and stubby I'd probably get the figures. Individually they look fine even motor. But combined they feel so off!

PE I know is doing a torso upgrade for menasor.....but I dunno if that's gonna sell me.

Thanks for the heads-up on Road Rage. I also preordered the Transformers Cloud Shockwave. I don't have the Whirl mold and I really love the purple color. :)

Edited by Scyla

Also I'm cool with Groove being smaller than the others.

I'm of mixed feelings. I mean, it's not like there's no Groove. Like you said, there's the smaller Legends one. And I get why they did it. And the new guy, Rook, seems pretty good.

Thing is, I found Legends-class Groove today, and after some pretty good Legends-class guys like Powerglide, Shrapnel, Bombshell, Cosmos, etc, Groove's pretty disappointing. His shoulders don't peg in bot mode, which is otherwise ok. Almost nothing pegs into place in motorcycle mode, which really doesn't look like much of a motorcycle.

Honestly, if he really does get a Deluxe figure in Japan, and if Hasbro picks it up like they did with Slingshot and Wildrider, I'm going to have to think about getting him.

I kind of think that's Hasbro's plan. Get me to buy the guys they made to make the combiner, then buy the limbs they left out, then buy another torso to use with the extra limbs I wind up with.

G1 Trypticon was so cute. I would definitely pick him up if he was based on the original...

So Quickslinger and Breakneck were already available for order on Amazon a couple days ago. The pages aren't up anymore, but someone on TFW posted a cached page for Quickslinger and I was able to place an order.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JTN_p0HapyAJ:www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Combiner-Deluxe-Quickslinger/dp/B00TV0T0OW+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

No cached page for Breakneck yet. Also, I wont be surprised if my order doesn't get processed since something is bound to be wonky when ordering via a cached page. But whatever, worth a shot.

Edited by eriku

So Quickslinger and Breakneck were already available for order on Amazon a couple days ago. The pages aren't up anymore, but someone on TFW posted a cached page for Quickslinger and I was able to place an order.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JTN_p0HapyAJ:www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Combiner-Deluxe-Quickslinger/dp/B00TV0T0OW+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

No cached page for Breakneck yet. Also, I wont be surprised if my order doesn't get processed since something is bound to be wonky when ordering via a cached page. But whatever, worth a shot.

Thanks for the tip, eriku! I managed to get an order in, too. Like you said, there's a chance that they'll cancel it, but it's worth a go.