The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Ah Grimlock, still causing mini-drama on the boards... :p

I really should look at getting some Masterpiece Decepticons, I sold my 1st Edition Starscream and non-orange plug Megatron years ago. But I think I may get a Soundwave to get things started again.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

No it wasn't. It was up for a good 20-30 min when I posted.

It's going to come up and down just like with soundwave.

did you try checking out? it was gone 12:15pm. you posted at 12:20 and edited at 12:30 sold out., don't be mistaken if the add to cart button was avail once you click it will say sold out. that happened with soundwave tru page. (I know i got three)

it was up for 2 hours since 9:30am but the add to cart button stays and lags even when it's sold out. by the time you posted it was gone.

Ah Grimlock, still causing mini-drama on the boards... :p

no drama, gak is cool.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

did you try checking out? it was gone 12:15pm. you posted at 12:20 and edited at 12:30 sold out., don't be mistaken if the add to cart button was avail once you click it will say sold out. that happened with soundwave tru page. (I know i got three)

it was up for 3 hours since 9:30am but the add to cart button stays and lags even when it's sold out. by the time you posted it was gone.

no drama, gak is cool.

Oh, I know I was only teasing you two. Hence the " :P".

-b.

Edit/odd, hence the :p is what should have shown

Edited by Kanedas Bike

I'm at work. I wasn't going to buy one so I didn't try. Just trying to help you bozos :D

Looks like the site is down now.

LOL

That's where I used to do most of my damage, my thinking being, I'm here earning dollars to spend on toys. I would actually do the math for how many hours I'd have to work to fund a purchase! :lol:

-b.

I'm sorry, slaginpit. Almost every repaint I've seen has those parts in silver. My comments weren't meant to be a criticism of yours specifically or even the quality of any of those repaints in general. Primus knows I've got precious little talent for repainting, and what you've done is certain to look better than mine when I'm finished. Just a general comment that I don't get why everyone but me wants to paint that bit silver.

No worries

Are you using Brush or AirBrush on yours?

LOL

That's where I used to do most of my damage, my thinking being, I'm here earning dollars to spend on toys. I would actually do the math for how many hours I'd have to work to fund a purchase! :lol:

-b.

Oh that's never a good slope to slip on :D

Oh that's never a good slope to slip on :D

Slip? I ride that slope all the way down!

Found my way into another Toys R Us this evening, nothing new to report other than that there were noticeably less Age of Extinction toys on the shelf and only 1 or 2 Evasion Primes left.

-b.

Pics from the Tokyo Toy Show are starting to come out. There should be much better ones in the next 12-24 hours, but here's the best one so far of MP UM:

Bp5WPVtCcAAJxrl.jpg

Rattrap looks good. Oh look, they're re-releasing Optimus Primal again. Guess they can't improve on a perfect mode.

Rattrap looks good. Oh look, they're re-releasing Optimus Primal again. Guess they can't improve on a perfect mode.

It's a better toy than basically everything on the shelves right now. I should go see if I still have mine.

Pics from the Tokyo Toy Show are starting to come out. There should be much better ones in the next 12-24 hours, but here's the best one so far of MP UM:

*snip*

Red inner legs???? *flips table*

*sigh* That pronounces the gaps in the lower legs even more with three colors there. At least the thighs are white but with the lower legs in red it even looks more inconsistence to me. :( Oh well, I have no hopes in improvements from Takara but lets see what comes out of it in the next month.

MP-22 Ultra Magnus is back up on HLJ (it may have come up and down a couple of times, don't recall).

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT80320/Sci

Let me know once we start complaining about the hue of red or blue on the prototype pics. :p

-b.

Ok, I'll start with, he's a little chubby, but that's alright, but that red inner leg gotta go! :D

Display events are notorious for mistransformed figures cause its made in a rush. I'm expecting him to be larger than most MPs just for the simple fact he's body armor albino optimus prime.

Edited by Hikuro

I think UM looks fine, but my biggest 'problem' is that I've never really taken a shine to G1 Magnus in general. I even had the toy when I was a kid but, oddly, feel no nostalgia toward it. Part of that may be because the thing I wanted most of all back then was an Optimus Prime but I never got one so Magnus was always just a poor white version of what I really wanted.

I'm tempted to get one though because MPs almost always turn out to be good toys, but at the same time I just have to weigh how much I really need to see a G1 style UM on my shelf, and at the moment I can think of a lot of other things I'd rather spend the money on.

Edited by eriku

I'm with you Eriku... never was a big UM fan. I thought he was a bit of a douche bag in the show/movie too haha.

Just trying to decide if its worth keeping at the cheap HLJ price, or putting that money into something else like Utopia haha