The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

"Only Human" Their bodies were commandeered by thugs and were driven around the city without raising an eyebrow.

they do exist.The "futuristic" alt modes were mostly 2005 Earth vehicles. The rest were Cybertronian vehicles. Granted, the differences between Earth and Cybertronian vehicles is hard to distinguish, but

i just watched it. i don't see them blending with society but stealing stuff with these "Weapons" and the disguise were the bad guys faking to be autobots. i see your point but meh, it sorta like bay's transformers 3, the disguise is out and it's just an huge scale war. the only thing cool was seeing cobra commander scream "Cobra... cough cough" (that's the only part i remember as a kid... damn forgot all these episodes)

anyways i stand corrected.. but still prefer non future tf world. i'm still waiting to see how the decepticons actually left earth and ruled cybertron while the autobots were regulated to moon bases.

I probably should have re-watched it, myself. I was trying to make sure the example was an episode where the Autobots definitely interacted in vehicle mode with other earth cars.

I agree. The 20 year gap between seasons 2 and 3 could be the Transformers greatest untold story.

Since this release have the clear canopy, I could pick up one or two (if I could find it when release) and save it for a repaint of Skywarp and Thundercracker.

Not sure why Tak not releasing all of the seekers, been waiting for the coneheads.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

What's weird about that Sunstorm is I'd like/accept the deco on a smaller deluxe size toy, but on a MP it just looks bad to me.

One seeker with obnoxious tattoos and two really nasty colored MP seekers in a row...what's next, a brown one called S**tstorm? :D

The Seeker mold, was the only Hasbro MP that wasn't loose for me. TC and AS are pretty much as tight as Tak.

I'm worried if SunS is going to be loose, being the third use of the same mold.

Fifth use of the mould isn't it? I don't think Hasbro get their own moulds made, they just use Takara's. In which case Takara Starscream and Sunstorm have been pumped through that mould as well. Edited by Silverstreak

Don't like the mold... it's so boring compared to the Cars or even soundwave.

It's a big tube with arms and legs. And I don't like how the shoulders sit higher than they should.... Idk, at least the first version looks good in Alt mode.

I hope they rework them some day.. but they will milk this mold until the wheels fall off haha

but they will milk this mold until the wheels fall off haha

But amazingly, not some of the most-wanted stuff:

G1 toy-colors SW and TC, on that mold. Pretty much all the MP-03 repaints "don't count" anymore, now that there's a kibble-reduced more-G1 version available. We want all the core seekers, on THAT mold. And with good coloring, not sucky US versions etc. (off-white Starscream, hip-hop-tatoo Thundercracker, etc)

I was at my local TRU yesterday looking for MP Grimlock. Alas, no luck. Many a MP YOTH Prime were on display, though. Actually, the store had an impressive area set up for Transformers right at the entrance. In person, my impression of YOTH Prime mirrors that of others here on the forum: it's a pretty good paint scheme, even with the gold in place of the chrome. It would be even better at a lower price without the "ghost" trailer, or at the same price with a proper painted trailer.

My only other comment is on the box...it's HUGE!

Speaking of huge, TFWorld reported that official shots of Ultra Magnus are up at amazon.jp. Here's one with Optimus in his regular Takara MP colors:

71d-eCnPYqL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by technoblue

I don't like how the knee joint on Magnus is bend backwards one click. This seems to indicate what I feared. MP-22 is not balanced well.

And the buttflap needs to fold into itself somehow hideous inner legs, stacks to hight but the worst of all....

....he and Convoy don't seem in love when holding hands. :( Bummer!

I'm at like 75% for canceling Ultra fattus.

I could live with some kibble, and maybe some crappy articulation, and maybe an annoying transformation, and generally bad proportions... but scale... scale is a bridge too far.

Don't think he'll even fit in a detolf cube...

Speaking of huge, TFWorld reported that official shots of Ultra Magnus are up at amazon.jp. Here's one with Optimus in his regular Takara MP colors:

Yeah I posted it 7 minutes before :D

Dat tiny matrix...

nXd7kZCl.jpgMagnusMatrix.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Welp... so much for the vision of the MP line being in a general scale with each other.

W.. T... F...

You must have posted that right when I was editing it into my message, but those are my sentiments exactly. Magnus looks enormous! I mean I remember him being a little taller than Optimus, but not Andre the Giant taller. Than again, maybe my memory is fuzzy.

I feel bad now because no issue (not even the severe ones) I have with the toy is a deal breaker. MP-22 will be closest to the image of Ultra Magnus I have in my mind since I saw him in the show/movie/comics as a child but it could be so much better in my opinion.

[edit:] Are those pictures showing the painted prototype from the Tokyo toy show or is it already cast in plastic? I think I can make out some brush strokes so I think it is the prototype.

Edited by Scyla

I'm at like 75% for canceling Ultra fattus.

I could live with some kibble, and maybe some crappy articulation, and maybe an annoying transformation, and generally bad proportions... but scale... scale is a bridge too far.

Don't think he'll even fit in a detolf cube...

Yeah I posted it 7 minutes before :D

Dat tiny matrix...

nXd7kZCl.jpgMagnusMatrix.jpg

oh he'll fit in a detolf cube. citizen stack fits and he is even a bit taller (but not much...i actually thought mp magnus would be a tad smaller but he is nearly as tall as stack). oh and prime in armor coulda been smaller than that. i really ohpe magnus doesn't hurt the mp line too much. as of now i cannot wait until hasui returns.

Edited by Mechapilot77

You must have posted that right when I was editing it into my message, but those are my sentiments exactly. Magnus looks enormous! I mean I remember him being a little taller than Optimus, but not Andre the Giant taller. Than again, maybe my memory is fuzzy.

:D Yeah it's insanely too big haha.

Most people seem to be eating it up but It kind of kills the deal for me.

I know asking for scale in Transformers is like asking for no holes in swiss cheese, but UM in bot mode is a bit big for my liking and not really what I remember from animation.

So the three things I don't like from the outset are size, red bumber and the lack of waist articulation.

Who displays him in cab mode?

Nobody, that's who.

He's in scale with mp-01 at least.

Primes eyes should be right about at UM's chin. It's pretty significant.

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

IF4VIWE.jpg

i don't get the fuss they already showed the scale a while back in the prototype pictures. it's silly to bring it up now.

i'm looking over on the tfw2005 thread and a few guys fight over every little thing. and they defend by insulting anyone who disagrees.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

In that picture he is in front of UM and looks taller. He reaches past the rocket.

In the new picture he is beside him and doesn't reach the rocket on his shoulder.

Why is it silly if you don't like something?